April 24 (NY, PA, CT, RI, DE) Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:41:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  April 24 (NY, PA, CT, RI, DE) Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: April 24 (NY, PA, CT, RI, DE) Results Thread  (Read 9450 times)
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2012, 11:00:59 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I hate Romney AND Obama. There is no more productive way, other than spamming conservative babe shots. Cheesy
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »

Can we ban NClib? Please?

I threaten to make a sig with Christine O'Donnell
Seriously?

Sorry, I'll change the size (though wanting to ban me is a bit extreme).
Wasn't directing that at you. Wink
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2012, 11:02:51 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Politics. Serious business.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2012, 11:09:13 PM »

Can we ban NClib? Please?

I threaten to make a sig with Christine O'Donnell
Seriously?

Sorry, I'll change the size (though wanting to ban me is a bit extreme).

Wasn't directing that at you. Wink

I realize that; I'll change the format of that reply.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2012, 11:18:16 PM »

In PA, Romney worst county was Juniata, at 46%,  There were three counties grouped together northwest of Harrisburg and on the west bank of the Susquehanna (an area of major interest to me).

His best counties were Montgomery and Bucks, at 67%.  Ironically, while Fulton, IIRC, has a higher percentage Mormon population than any county in PA, Mittens had 50%.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2012, 11:51:13 PM »

Are you actually going to be staying awake for this, Tender? I certainly won't be...

No, I just posted this results thread so I can take a look at it in the morning.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2012, 12:15:09 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2012, 12:16:43 AM by Torie »

Critz is back up to 50.3%.

75% is in. Whats left?

Critz should have the edge, but depends on what parts of Westmoreland are out.  Anyway, too close to call for now.

I think Holden is done.

Well all those Pubs put in Schuylkill dumped into Holden's CD to prop him up were wasted then (the county should have been chopped). They could have been used profitably elsewhere, where they were and are rather badly needed. Pity.

And if Altmire goes down, the Pubs should pick up another seat without much sweat is my surmise. I don't see Grumps (and his ilk) voting for Critz in the General, and he would for Altmire (as would I if I lived there). So there you have it.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2012, 12:15:35 AM »

Is it just me, or is the Obama primary vote in PA really strong for an uncontested race ?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2012, 12:25:29 AM »

Is it just me, or is the Obama primary vote in PA really strong for an uncontested race ?

There were contested Democratic primaries for Attorney General, US Senate and some US House and State Rep/Senate seats.  That Democrats came out to vote in them isn't surprising.

Where are you seeing the Obama results?  AP isn't reporting results there.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2012, 12:34:31 AM »

There were contested Democratic primaries for Attorney General, US Senate and some US House and State Rep/Senate seats.  That Democrats came out to vote in them isn't surprising.

http://www.electionreturns.state.pa.us/ElectionsInformation.aspx?FunctionID=13&ElectionID=45&OfficeID=1
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2012, 12:39:02 AM »

interesting how throughout the northeast, Paul seems to have done so much better in the rural areas than in the population centers.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2012, 12:52:55 AM »

http://www.electionreturns.state.pa.us/ElectionsInformation.aspx?FunctionID=13&ElectionID=45&OfficeID=1

There were almost 95,000 more votes cast in the Democratic Attorney General primary than in the uncontested Democratic Presidential primary.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2012, 09:46:33 AM »

75% is in. Whats left?

Critz should have the edge, but depends on what parts of Westmoreland are out.  Anyway, too close to call for now.

I think Holden is done.

Well all those Pubs put in Schuylkill dumped into Holden's CD to prop him up were wasted then (the county should have been chopped). They could have been used profitably elsewhere, where they were and are rather badly needed. Pity.

And if Altmire goes down, the Pubs should pick up another seat without much sweat is my surmise. I don't see Grumps (and his ilk) voting for Critz in the General, and he would for Altmire (as would I if I lived there). So there you have it.

Critz won in 2010. If November is a close Obama win or better, he'll be fine.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2012, 04:48:42 PM »

Is Newt 4th in the overall vote count tonight?
Indeed.

Romney    632,768
Santorum  167,517
Paul          144,796
Gingrich    119,269

More than 2/3 of the votes yesterday were from PA.   Paul has done better than Gingrich in all states completely north of the Mason-Dixon line.  Santorum's best state in the East is still Vermont.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2012, 09:26:51 PM »

Historically, for the presumptive nominee, a very, very weak performance for Mittens.
Nichlemn

« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2012, 09:46:17 PM »

75% is in. Whats left?

I think Holden is done.

Winning in a bad year for your party is evidence of strength, but it's far from overwhelming. Three Democrats who won in 1994 were defeated in 1996, after all, and they didn't have to deal with redistricting.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2012, 09:46:45 AM »

75% is in. Whats left?

I think Holden is done.

Crtiz baby will be running in a much more GOP CD than last time (5 points more GOP - 55% McCain rather than 50% McCain), most of which is in territory he has never represented, and in which he displayed little appeal in the primary. Crtiz may have won Cambria County in the primary with 85% of the vote, and thus the primary, but he won't be getting 85% of the Cambria vote in the General, and he might need to get close to that to win.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2012, 10:19:02 AM »

What contested primaries were there on the Republican side?
rbt48

« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2012, 12:55:05 PM »

Has anyone seen the final Presidential Primary results for New York?  I haven't seen anything beyond 93% total.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2012, 03:41:53 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2012, 03:45:47 PM by cinyc »

Has anyone seen the final Presidential Primary results for New York?  I haven't seen anything beyond 93% total.

Google Politics is up to 95%.  Westchester was the most out.  They updated the total on their own website, though.  Romney ended up with 76.74% of Westchester County primary votes with 8,507 votes.  Gingrich was next with 1,011, followed by Paul with 911 and Santorum with 657.  This probably doesn't include absentees.  It certainly doesn't include absentees that trickled in on or after primary day.  Currently, that's Romney's second-best New York county showing.  He hit 78.3% in neighboring Rockland.  It's possible but unlikely that that percentage could be surpassed in Richmond (Staten Island) or New York (Manhattan) Counties.

That's because NYC is also part out, but the NYC Board of Elections' website doesn't give preliminary election results so I can't give an update there.  Elsewhere, there were some Upstate counties with a precinct or two out which shouldn't change the result much.

It looks like CT>NY>RI>PA>DE for Romney.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies