Clarence for President- A New Era
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:50:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Clarence for President- A New Era
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Clarence for President- A New Era  (Read 23463 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2012, 08:07:36 AM »

Coming soon- Clarence/Yelnoc will release energy and environment platform
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2012, 11:49:08 PM »

Would you support the Presidency and Vice Presidency being elected independently of one another?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2012, 09:21:32 AM »

Not unless the VP had more responsibilities...as is the VP is the tiebreaking vote, occasionally presides, and takes over in event the President can't serve. I- like many of my opponents- plan on giving my VP if we are elected far more responsibilities then this and if these become statutory then I would be open to separate election
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2012, 02:38:35 PM »

Yelnoc most popular VP candidate

According to a poll conducted by A-Bob Research Center, Yelnoc is the most popular VP candidate, with more than 90% of those who participated in the poll having a favorable opinion of the IB member.

Campaign manager ZuWo: "It's obvious, Clarence and Yelnoc rock".

Link to the poll: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=153185.0
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2012, 10:01:17 AM »

I am very honored that 20RP12 will be endorsing Yelnoc and I for a high preference and I am even more honored to do the same for him and Windis. I don't see eye to eye on every issue with them, but with 20RP12 especially we can find common ground- as we have done in many discussions including the Atlasian Arts Advocacy bill. In addition- I believe 20RP12 and Windis would definitely offer a change from the leadership I have seen in Atlasia. I know he is very passionate about this board and would be an active leader. There is no doubt that some policy disagreements remain between us, and these will be discussed thru out the campaign, but I am proud to endorse him for a high preference and I am honored that he has done the same for me.

clarence
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2012, 11:11:01 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The above quote is from Governor Napoleon's speech in "New York City" (more likely his den)...

I find objections to this...not only did I oppose the bill he is referencing...I find his "ambivalence" an insulting attempt to try to please everybody. In addition, the "innocent until proven guilty" saying doesn't work when spending taxpayer dollars- there MUST be a compelling reason to spend taxpayer dollars. I guess Governor Napoleon would try out the hard-earned dollars of taxpayers on anything if it hasn't proven to be faulty...

To my friend Governor Napoleon-
1- choose a side
2- don't use the money earned by our citizens for experiments
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2012, 12:15:56 AM »

Endorsed!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2012, 01:28:18 PM »

Thank you- MasterSanders!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2012, 09:12:04 PM »

I am suspending my activities as a Presidential candidate for the time being...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2012, 09:22:32 PM »

Does this mean you don't want to have a debate soon?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2012, 09:25:22 PM »

I think he's gonna be in Europe...
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2012, 09:28:50 PM »

I need a few days to pass this kidney stone and recover...I will have some time between then and my European vacation
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »

I need a few days to pass this kidney stone and recover...I will have some time between then and my European vacation

Well that sounds a great deal less fun than Europe Tongue
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2012, 04:45:07 AM »

All the best for your recovery. Remember - your health is more important than anything else.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2012, 05:31:48 AM »

All the best for your recovery. Remember - your health is more important than anything else.

^^^ this
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2012, 01:08:48 PM »

Bset of luck, clarence.

Also, you've got my vote. Thanks for introducing me to Atlasia Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2012, 08:12:17 PM »

I got to learn to check this board, before I check my PM box. Grin
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2012, 10:29:40 PM »

How can you reconcile your views on gay rights with the communities of faith. Especially the ones that view homosexuality as a sin due to the tenants of faith and by right of conscience will not perform such weddings?
I support much of your policy views but this one puzzles me as we are both part of a conservative leaning political party and usually conservatives oppose gay marriage on religious grounds, even secular conservatives do on such grounds as they view it as a potential socitial harm.

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2012, 10:26:11 AM »

How can you reconcile your views on gay rights with the communities of faith. Especially the ones that view homosexuality as a sin due to the tenants of faith and by right of conscience will not perform such weddings?
I support much of your policy views but this one puzzles me as we are both part of a conservative leaning political party and usually conservatives oppose gay marriage on religious grounds, even secular conservatives do on such grounds as they view it as a potential socitial harm.

Conservatives who oppose gay rights on biblical grounds generally have a flawed understanding of the bible's teaching.  If you believe that Jesus's crucifixtion and resurrection represents the end of the old covenant of law and the beginning of a new covenant (and as far as I'm aware that is the predominant teaching in Christian Communities) then this quote from Chapter 12 of the Gospel of Mark makes the commandments of Leviticus null and void.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2012, 10:58:06 AM »

Conservatives who oppose gay rights on biblical grounds generally have a flawed understanding of the bible's teaching.  If you believe that Jesus's crucifixtion and resurrection represents the end of the old covenant of law and the beginning of a new covenant (and as far as I'm aware that is the predominant teaching in Christian Communities) then this quote from Chapter 12 of the Gospel of Mark makes the commandments of Leviticus null and void.

Well, it's not that the New Testament (I'm referring to Paul) has nothing to say on the issue. There's no need to rely on the Old Testament alone in order to draw the conclusion that the Bible condemns homosexual acts. But anyway, that's an issue for the "religion and philosophy" board, and as far as I know this issue is debated to excess there.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2012, 02:56:57 PM »

Bset of luck, clarence.

Also, you've got my vote. Thanks for introducing me to Atlasia Smiley
Thank you, Hagrid- I am glad you decided to join!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2012, 03:02:55 PM »

I appreciate the question and it's an issue it has taken me a lifetime to reach my current position...
To classify me as a lifelong supporter of gay rights would be untrue- there was a time gays and lesbians disgusted me...this would be during the 80s especially as they were known to carry and spread disease. However- I've come to the conclusion that a person's sexual orientation is not a choice but a trait...like the Bible references slavery I believe some parts need not be taken literally
I would not punish and in fact would vigoriously oppose any attempt to punish anyone of faith who refuses on religious grounds to perform a homosexual marriage- but I will support a recognition at a government level for the legal and logistical aspects of marriage...previously I would've called this a civil union but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

I also find homosexual marriage and adoption to be far less likely to cuase societal harm then other evils...I am strongly pro-life and believe the availability of loving gay couples for example would provide more opportunities for adoption.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2012, 04:16:05 PM »

I can respect that Clarence. We can disagree on this one but the overall cause of conservatism is what must be promoted even if we disagree on a point here and there.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2012, 10:32:01 PM »

The Equal Representation Act, sponsored by ilikeverin, has just been brought to the senate floor for debate.  Clarence and myself both strongly disagree with this initiative to do away with regional senators in favor of "districts".  These districts would be created by negotiations between governors and could change three times every year.  This leaves the door wide open for gerrymandering, with no real checks by the citizens.  The last real world element we want to bring into this game is corruption, but I fear all this would serve to do is entrench established interests.

Additionally, this bill would strike a deep blow to regional authority.  By eliminating regional senate seats, one eliminates the relevance of the regions on the national level.  Under this new model, if the Midwest or the Imperial Dominion wanted to a regional issue to be discussed at the federal level, they may conceivably not have a regional senator to contact. 

Down south we have a saying.  If it ain't broken don't fix it.  That certainly applies to the regional senate seats.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2012, 10:54:45 PM »

I can respect that Clarence. We can disagree on this one but the overall cause of conservatism is what must be promoted even if we disagree on a point here and there.
Agreed JCL- and thank you
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies