Clarence for President- A New Era
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:10:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Clarence for President- A New Era
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Clarence for President- A New Era  (Read 23496 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2012, 09:18:49 AM »

Glad to hear there is a possibility you will vote in favor of a bill limiting drone use that I present to the Senate, Clarence. Wink

However, you must misunderstand my point about tips and commissions: these are not wages and will not be allowed to be considered wages. I also do not see how you could oppose a national university system. The population is ever-growing and our capacity for higher education is outpaced. We can at least make some headway here.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2012, 09:23:28 AM »

Glad to hear there is a possibility you will vote in favor of a bill limiting drone use that I present to the Senate, Clarence. Wink

However, you must misunderstand my point about tips and commissions: these are not wages and will not be allowed to be considered wages. I also do not see how you could oppose a national university system. The population is ever-growing and our capacity for higher education is outpaced. We can at least make some headway here.
To the first comment- it depends, but there's a possibility. With regards to tips- I don't see how they can't be considered wages... they are NOT salaries but a wage is simply financial compensation for work. If a tip is monetary, it is clearly a wage. I agree if the tips do not constitute the difference to minimum wage- it is the obligation of the company to make up that difference, but to raise their minimum wage not including tips would likely have a devastatin impact on food service's ability to hire

In my state of Florida- we are constantly adding campuses and universities. I don't see why the national government is necessary when this is already occurring across the country
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2012, 05:19:53 PM »

Senator Clarence addressing homecoming rally in Newberry, FL

Over the course of this campaign- you've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly alright... but tonight I am focused on the good. The last few days especially have seen a fantastic discussion on the views of every candidate. I want to say now sincerely that I am honored to have been able to run in this election alongside Oakvale, Napoleon, and Young Tweed...these three gentlemen and I don't always get along, but this has been a heap of fun for this old man!

I hope I have made my views clear in this campaign... I hope you have seen that I am a conservative who has strong beliefs and values but that I first and foremost and here to debate and discuss those views... I am passionate and have a whole lot of life experience to draw on. I hope you stand with me and my esteemed running mate- Yelnoc as we aim to begin a new era here in Atlasia
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2012, 06:04:56 PM »

What do you mean it's not the victory party yet?!?!

Whoops...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2012, 06:06:15 PM »

Is that your fiancee? Wink

Naughty naughty.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2012, 06:06:49 PM »

Is that your fiancee? Wink

Naughty naughty.
Don't tell her!!! ;-)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2012, 06:09:23 PM »

Whoops...

This alone could make me reconsider my second preference.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2012, 06:12:07 PM »

Whoops...

This alone could make me reconsider my second preference.

Did your concerns include the words "deeply disturbing"? Cause that's what I thought...
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2012, 06:28:36 PM »

Whoops...

SCANDAL!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2012, 08:00:50 PM »

Nonsense, he has several good excuses.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2012, 11:01:56 PM »

Senator Clarence will shortly address his supporters in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium in Gainesville, Florida
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2012, 11:05:13 PM »

My friends-

We've come to the end of what I've been told is the longest campaign in the history of Atlasia. When it began- I wasn't engaged and now I am. I've seen the world during this campaign and found so many new reasons to love life. It has been a fantastic couple of months since this campaign began and tonight's result doesn't change that a bit!

A short while ago, I exchanged messages with President-elect Napoleon and gave him my sincere congratulations on his victory tonight. Napoleon and I have had our differences in this campaign and well before this campaign began...we have differences still. But I wish him the very best and hope that he will use this leadership experience to enhance the qualities which will make him very successful in his life...and I promise that from the Senate, he will hear from me very often. I recognize that for him- tonight is the culmination of much time and effort, of challenges and frustrations, failures and successes. To Napoleon, Kalwejt, and all of your supporters- you've earned this victory and I again congratulate you

I congratulate Oakvale and Cincinnatus for leading a campaign based on positivity and consensus- I hope they will continue to exemplify these important values and I am grateful for their friendship. I congratulate Young Tweed and Bgwah for surprising just about every one with the votes they earned in the election and the campaign they ran. I also thank 20RP12, Snowstalker, and Ben- I was honored to run alongside you and to have your support with your first and second preferences in this election

There are two people I must thank above all others. Yelnoc- thank you for agreeing to run with me, and for lending me your considerable political astuteness. I know the characteristics that bring you success on the web will bring you success in life and I am very thankful for the efforts you've placed in our campaign. ZuWo- my campaign chairman and Governor of the Mideast- I am grateful for your guidance, your efforts, and your genuine friendship. You- more then even me or Yelnoc- ran this campaign and brought us within reach of victory. Thank you, ZuWo!

Finally- thank you to all those who voted for me, who preferenced me, and who considered me. I am truly honored to be a member of a fine web community of very intelligent and diverse people...

I understand that to many- the result of this election is a disappointment. I speak now mostly to those on my side of the political spectrum- this is a game, and the victor of this election is to us what I am to them. If I had won this election, we would expect them to challenge us the next few months- strongly but respectfully. I urge all of us to act in the manner we would've expected our opponents to act had the result been different. That is what I plan to do with the President-elect... and to the current President- two bills of mine are on your desk for your signature!

I will also consider it my proud duty to welcome and mentor new and promising members- such as HagridoftheDeep and the many new Whig Party members- much as ZuWo, NC Yankee, PiT, and others did for me when I was a newboy here. Being on this board with so many young prodigies sure makes things interesting for me- and I am always delighted to lend my experience on this board and my far more extensive experience in life to the younger members

However- before any of that gets going, I'm going to have a drink and a couple nights with my fiancee without the computer. This board but particularly this campaign has truly been a heap of fun for this old sailor. I'm sorry to see it end- but grateful for the blessings around every corner that I've realized these past few months. Some folks may think I'm crazy- but I don't think it's too far a jump to partially attribute the turn in my luck, the change in my attitude, and the hop in my step to spending some of my considerable free time with a young, diverse, and smart group of folks like yourselves. And you ain't seen the last of me yet!

Thank you and God Bless

clarence & wendy

cue The Battle Cry of Freedom http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhCheCryopA
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2012, 12:06:40 AM »

Great campaign, Clarence!  Thanks for making this election interesting. Smiley
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2012, 01:25:01 AM »

clarence, you are probably one of the classiest guys on this forum. Thanks for everything.

Enjoy your downtime. Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2012, 02:39:25 AM »

Great campaign! You offered a lot of unique ideas, standing up for what you believe in rather than opposing what others believe, and for that you deserve great respect.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2012, 03:40:11 AM »

Thank you Clarence.

You have campaigned with dignity and shown your potential. I look forward to seeing you continue your great work in the Senate.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2012, 07:34:44 AM »

Congratulations on running a fine campaign, Clarence. I certainly hope this will not be the end of your involvement in national politics. You're a fine Senator and I'm proud to say I voted for you.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2012, 08:05:07 AM »

Congratulations on running a fine campaign, Clarence. I certainly hope this will not be the end of your involvement in national politics. You're a fine Senator and I'm proud to say I voted for you.

Couldn't have said it better.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2012, 09:13:40 AM »

Thank you very much for your kind words, everyone! :-)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2012, 10:02:01 PM »

Bit late, but Clarence, you ran a great campaign, thanks for running, and I was proud to (in a roundabout fashion in the final round Tongue) support you. Stick around! (Unless Debby wipes out all your power or something, in which case you've got an excuse Tongue)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2012, 10:09:54 PM »

Bit late, but Clarence, you ran a great campaign, thanks for running, and I was proud to (in a roundabout fashion in the final round Tongue) support you. Stick around! (Unless Debby wipes out all your power or something, in which case you've got an excuse Tongue)
Thanks very much, SJoyceFla- for the kind words and your support. Debby is a mild broad...I'll be here until I croak ;-)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2012, 10:14:47 PM »

Thanks very much, SJoyceFla- for the kind words and your support. Debby is a mild broad...I'll be here until I croak ;-)

Well yeah, but you're in Newberry. Gonna have to be some pretty high storm surge to hit y'all up there, but down in St. Pete right near the Gulf... Tongue
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2012, 10:19:38 PM »

Well yeah, but you're in Newberry. Gonna have to be some pretty high storm surge to hit y'all up there, but down in St. Pete right near the Gulf... Tongue
Yes- good luck down there!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2012, 10:35:59 PM »

Yes- good luck down there!

Well, I'm certainly "down here" for the time being; all the bridges have been closed. Time to sit on a couch with a Turtledove book and a laptop and not leave for the week Tongue
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2015, 11:44:42 AM »

I wanted to "bump" this post because it shows many of the same issues we discuss now were discussed then..... how to "revive" the game,how to make it more interesting....

ATLASIA is HERE to STAY!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies