Romney Camp: Why we will get the youth vote.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:21:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney Camp: Why we will get the youth vote.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Romney Camp: Why we will get the youth vote.  (Read 7142 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 10:09:21 AM »

The 25 years old and living in mommy's basement vote certainly won't go for Romney. They stand to gain too much from Uncle Barry providing for them.

The 25 years old and working vote has too much to lose from outrageous current and future taxes to pay for current levels of spending.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 10:09:49 AM »

He's doing serious drugs if he thinks he'll get their vote.  I don't think youngs will vote at all in comparison to how many voted in 2008.....which might be like a vote for Romney though.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 10:27:50 AM »

LOL krazen. I guess I'm a likely Romney voter.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 10:28:50 AM »

The 25 years old and working vote has too much to lose from outrageous current and future taxes to pay for current levels of spending.

They're not going to be keen on having their future taxes go up because Romney cuts taxes for people in their 40s and older, increasing the deficit while removing the burden of caring for it from older generations who incurred it.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 10:38:52 AM »

If the youth of American want a future that is bright and prosperous, then Mitt Romney will be the candidate.

This, or perhaps they prefer four more years of "do you want fries with that?"

Correct!

How's soixante-neuf? I wouldn't know.

Yeah, you might want to get that checked out.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 12:05:23 PM »

Mittens should chat about how means-testless Obamacare jacks premiums up for the youngs to subsidize rich olds like Torie. The youngs seem to be in love with a man who is screwing them. Odd.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 12:07:33 PM »

Certainly you are voting against your own interests if you are otherwise.

Social Security is now set to run out of money in 2033. Sorry to be you I suppose!
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 12:08:21 PM »

Mittens should chat about how means-testless Obamacare jacks premiums up for the youngs to subsidize rich olds like Torie. The youngs seem to be in love with a man who is screwing them. Odd.

The youngs (<26) will be thrilled that, thanks to Obamacare, they can stay on their parents' insurance and that their parents' employers will be paying those premiums whereas before they were less likely to be able to get insurance at their entry level jobs.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 12:09:07 PM »

Social Security is now set to run out of money in 2033. Sorry to be you I suppose!

Romney's promised increases in defense and tax cuts at the upper brackets will contribute greatly to Social Security's stability.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 12:13:26 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2012, 12:19:03 PM by Torie »

The youngs (<26) will be thrilled that, thanks to Obamacare, they can stay on their parents' insurance and that their parents' employers will be paying those premiums whereas before they were less likely to be able to get insurance at their entry level jobs.

Yes, and then the hammer drops after the election when the insurance premiums for those over 26 shoot up to keep mine at a "fair" rate. Oh, and I forgot to mention the debt thing with the attendant AWOL-ism of Obama on entitlement restructuring on a more means tested basis for the olds that the young will have to contend with as the debt service cost begins to eat the US budget alive when interest go up from their current near zero percent rate. Mittens should chat about that too - a lot. Hey, he should take a campuses tour!  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2012, 12:17:27 PM »

Romney's promised increases in defense and tax cuts at the upper brackets will contribute greatly to Social Security's stability.

You haven't heard the good news that cutting my taxes creates jobs? Mittens shouldn't talk much about foreign policy with the youngs actually.  He should just do that with that old former warrior Clarence in a soundproof room.  Tongue
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2012, 12:18:31 PM »

Yes, we can (never find our own quality job with healthcare insurance)?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 12:19:44 PM »

Well, we've already seen what has happened to such under current policy. In addition of course, trillions of dollars of spending to provide additional healthcare spending by the government will have to come out of the pockets of BTRD, who I would think seeks to be an upper bracket taxpayer in the years ahead.

The paul ryan plan does an excellent job of reducing medicare and medicaid spending.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2012, 12:22:05 PM »

The paul ryan plan does an excellent job of reducing medicare and medicaid spending.

I strongly encourage Romney to campaign heavily on the Paul Ryan plan, which cuts medicare and medicaid spending by decree (we will cut x%, and cut everything else by 80%) without explaining how that would happen or would translate into changes policies. But if Romney wants to lose the one age group he's guaranteed to win against Obama, running on cutting Medicare would be helpful, which is why he's not going to do it.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 12:22:46 PM »

this is one of the more hackish threads I've read on this forum. The election is near!
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 12:24:49 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2012, 12:28:49 PM by Politico »

Yes, and then the hammer drops after the election when the insurance premiums for those over 26 shoot up to keep mine at a "fair" rate. Oh, and I forgot to mention the debt thing with the attendant AWOL-ism of Obama on entitlement restructuring on a more means tested basis for the olds that the young will have to contend with as the debt service cost begins to eat the US budget alive when interest go up from their current near zero percent rate. Mittens should chat about that too - a lot. Hey, he should take a campuses tour!  Smiley

Yes, we can (fine 26+ year old young adults for not buying mandatory insurance because they cannot find employment to pay for it, but don't ask us how we expect them to pay the fines. I guess we will have to imprison them to enforce the mandate.)

Obama's America sounds more and more like the land of hope and dreams for America's youth!
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 12:25:19 PM »

Yes, and then the hammer drops after the election when the insurance premiums for those over 26 shoot up to keep mine at a "fair" rate.

How many people are in that predicament - over 26 and paying an individual insurance rate which is much lower than it is for people of median age? I'm asking because I've had health benefits since my early 20s and my age never influenced how much my company spent on me. What is the volume of individual insurance holders in their late 20s vs. those getting it through their companies?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

A question asked of Republican presidential candidates: if Democrats offered you a compromise that entailed $10 in spending cuts for $1 in tax increases, raise your hand if you would reject it outright.

You can blame Obama for not seeking compromise with these people, but I can't.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2012, 12:26:59 PM »

Yes, we can (fine 26+ year old young adults for not buying mandatory insurance because they cannot find employment)

We've gone from "the youngs" to "young people older than 26 who don't have employer-provided health insurance and don't want to go in the individual market, but have to." What share of the electorate is that? I bet Obama can afford to lose them.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2012, 12:30:04 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2012, 12:32:35 PM by Politico »

Yes, we can (fine 26+ year old young adults for not buying mandatory insurance because they cannot find employment)

We've gone from "the youngs" to "young people older than 26 who don't have employer-provided health insurance and don't want to go in the individual market, but have to." What share of the electorate is that? I bet Obama can afford to lose them.

Yes, we can (screw over a whole generation)?

Do you think the current "youngs" are never going to grow up? Four more years of Obamanomics, and a whole generation is lost. Like Torie said in so many words, a whole generation of young people are in love with a president whose policies are screwing them over, potentially for life.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2012, 12:32:11 PM »

this is one of the more hackish threads I've read on this forum. The election is near!

I remember in the early 2000s how I was certain that Bush's policies would crash the dollar and then, only then, would voters see that he couldn't get away with his irresponsible policies. He might win elections, but the laws of economics were going to cause a disaster, and then they'd see.

Of course, who knew that the deluge would come in winter '08-'09 and from a different source, early enough to cause the Republicans to lose, but late enough for job loss numbers in Feb and March that year to be blamed squarely on Obama by the candidates this year.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2012, 12:32:37 PM »

=

This is not clever. Please stop.

As for your other point, the youngs I know are thrilled to have the opportunity to have insurance through their parents or to be able to afford individual insurance which was not previously on offer except at exorbitant prices because of the adverse selection problem.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2012, 12:33:32 PM »

Yes, and then the hammer drops after the election when the insurance premiums for those over 26 shoot up to keep mine at a "fair" rate.

How many people are in that predicament - over 26 and paying an individual insurance rate which is much lower than it is for people of median age? I'm asking because I've had health benefits since my early 20s and my age never influenced how much my company spent on me. What is the volume of individual insurance holders in their late 20s vs. those getting it through their companies?

A question asked of Republican presidential candidates: if Democrats offered you a compromise that entailed $10 in spending cuts for $1 in tax increases, raise your hand if you would reject it outright.

You can blame Obama for not seeking compromise with these people, but I can't.

I don't know what percentage of youngs are part of company plans, but obviously indirectly if the premiums shoot up for the employer that cannot help the balance of the youngs' compensation package. What I do know, is that medical insurance premiums even with state regulation that imposes some cross subsidies to the olds are really cheap. My nephew got a plan for $60 a month or something. Those days will be ending baby - big time. Mine even with the cross subsidies are about $450 a month.

Fixed!  Smiley
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2012, 12:34:43 PM »

You've mentioned your nephew's plan before, I just don't know how common that situation is or what that insurance actually buys. Not Ameriplan by any chance is it? Smiley What are the benefits - is it catastrophic primarily with high deductibles?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2012, 12:34:56 PM »

You haven't heard the good news that cutting my taxes creates jobs?

But the EVAL RICHEZ like you just stuff those tax cuts under your mattress!
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2012, 12:37:56 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2012, 12:41:23 PM by Politico »

=

This is not clever. Please stop.

As for your other point, the youngs I know are thrilled to have the opportunity to have insurance through their parents or to be able to afford individual insurance which was not previously on offer except at exorbitant prices because of the adverse selection problem.

The youngs I know would like to find a halfway decent job once they are done college. I feel sorry for them if there is four more years of Obamanomics. The Obama Jobless "Recovery" is destroying the hopes and dreams of America. No, America can't afford four more years of Obama.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies