The Romney plan to rehabilitate the political image of George W Bush (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:27:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Romney plan to rehabilitate the political image of George W Bush (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Romney plan to rehabilitate the political image of George W Bush  (Read 4636 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: April 25, 2012, 04:31:49 PM »

This attempted revitalization of "Blame Bush" reminds me of the following quote from the movie Traffic, which is probably not historically accurate but that is beside the point:

"You know, when they forced Khruschev out, he sat down and wrote two letters to his successor. He said - 'When you get yourself into a situation you can't get out of, open the first letter, and you'll be safe. When you get yourself into another situation you can't get out of, open the second letter.' Well, soon enough, this guy found himself into a tight place, so he opened the first letter, which said - 'Blame everything on me.' So he blames the old man, it worked like a charm. He got himself into a second situation he couldn't get out of, he opened the second letter. It said - 'Sit down, and write two letters.' "

I don't see why the horrific, embarassing disaster that was the Bush Presidency shouldn't be blamed for the continuing effects of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression since they, uh... caused it.

Just one of their tactics to get people to forget about it so that more Republicans can get elected.  Can't say I blame them for doing it, since it is an effective strategy.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 12:40:42 AM »

George W. Bush, unlike his father, should have never came anywhere near the White House.

Had George Herbert Walker Bush ran on his real agenda--"Read My Lips, Taxes will go up!"-- he never would have been nominated by the Republican party, and, if they had, even tankboy could have beat him in the general. GHWB obtained the Presidency through fraud. To validate that act of fraud in any way is pathetic.

GHWB was an effective VP, and other than raising taxes he did not really make any mistakes as POTUS.

[Bill Clinton fraudulently claiming he was a chastened, repentant philander when in fact he he was unreformed and unrepentant, reduced the process of choicing a leader to a process of chosing a name.]

lolwut
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies