Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 01:55:49 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  BREAKING: Gingrich is finally out
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: BREAKING: Gingrich is finally out  (Read 1528 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2012, 09:09:50 am »
Ignore

Says FOX News:

Gingrich to leave presidential race next Tuesday, sources say

By Carl Cameron
Published April 25, 2012

Newt Gingrich plans to formally leave the Republican presidential race next Tuesday, senior campaign aides told Fox News.

The former House speaker will "more than likely" endorse Mitt Romney when he makes his announcement to either suspend or end the campaign, a source said.

The decision comes after Gingrich huddled with senior advisers following the five primaries Romney swept on Tuesday night. Romney's victories made it virtually impossible for Gingrich to secure the 1,144 delegates needed for the Republican nomination.

For several weeks, Gingrich staffers have been reviewing accounts and making preparations. Gingrich had been holding out hope for a strong performance at least in Delaware Tuesday night. But absent that, Gingrich decided to plan for his exit next week.

He will complete his North Carolina schedule this week, making it something of a goodbye tour while supporters, friends and family arrive from across the country for his departure from the race.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/25/gingrich-to-suspend-presidential-campaign-next-tuesday-sources-say/#ixzz1t3rM6uQK
incredibly specific types of post-punk music
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 09:10:57 am »
Ignore

Like we didn't know this was coming. Don't get why Gingrich tried to stick around and make a joke of himself for a few months.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:13:34 am »
Ignore

Like we didn't know this was coming. Don't get why Gingrich tried to stick around and make a joke of himself for a few months.
There is a mighty big ego inside that big head.

RIP Mechaman
The Obamanation
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 09:28:35 am »
Ignore

Now when is Paul going to drop?

Say what you like about Hitler, but at least he killed Hitler.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Iceland

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 10:19:15 am »
Ignore

So who wants to bet Romney wins every remaining state?

I'm a teenaged male. Everything is wrong with me.
Pyrofox
PyroTheFox
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -6.43

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 10:25:21 am »
Ignore

Did he even have any supporters left? From what I could tell, most of Santorum's support went to either Paul or Romney.
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 10:35:46 am »
Ignore

This is the end of Newt Gingrich once and for all. Thank God.

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Bastiat
billbillerson
Eversole
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 11:11:36 am »
Ignore

In more important news, I took a really big sh**t today.
greenforest32
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 11:45:33 am »
Ignore

A profound transformation that historians will record and cite for generations to come.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 11:46:48 am »
Ignore

Naso? Is that you...?

Never any doubt.
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 11:50:40 am »
Ignore

For those of you bashing Gingrich's "profound" and "historic" statements... the man was Speaker of the HOuse who led to the GOP control of the House for the first time in four decades... he IS a historic figure and certainly more then any of us commenting about him here on this board. I will give you he's a bit arrogant- but the man has achieved very much in his career
billbillerson
Eversole
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 12:39:48 pm »
Ignore

For those of you bashing Gingrich's "profound" and "historic" statements... the man was Speaker of the HOuse who led to the GOP control of the House for the first time in four decades... he IS a historic figure and certainly more then any of us commenting about him here on this board. I will give you he's a bit arrogant- but the man has achieved very much in his career

And his problem was not knowing when to stop. He made an ass out of him self and put a blemish on that historic career.
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 12:54:20 pm »
Ignore

And his problem was not knowing when to stop. He made an ass out of him self and put a blemish on that historic career.
I agree- but to say that he isn't a major figure in American history (at least recent) would be false
billbillerson
Eversole
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 01:15:46 pm »
Ignore

I agree- but to say that he isn't a major figure in American history (at least recent) would be false

Absolutely agree.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Iceland

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 01:22:43 pm »
Ignore

As did Newt Gingrich.

NY Jew
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 01:33:30 pm »
Ignore

Did he even have any supporters left? From what I could tell, most of Santorum's support went to either Paul or Romney.
actually it looked like they stayed home.

the turn out stunk yesterday
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 04:22:43 pm »

And now the RNC will officially back Romney:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57420780-503544/republican-national-committee-endorses-romney/

"Governor Romney's strong performance and delegate count at this stage of the primary process has made him our party's presumptive nominee," RNC Chairman Reince Priebus said in a statement.

Priebus said he's directed the RNC staff to open lines of communication with the Romney campaign, to sync up their financial and political operations. "I am excited that these two top-notch operations will start to integrate and present a unified team to defeat Barack Obama," he said.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 04:24:18 pm »
Ignore

Had Paul conceded previously or...?

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Iceland

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 05:22:04 pm »
Ignore

Had Paul conceded previously or...?

He said he's taking it to the convention.

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 05:31:50 pm »
Ignore

Im amazed he lasted this long.

A Hybrid of Pat Buchanan and Bob Dylan.
morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 06:09:54 pm »
Ignore

Should've happened four months ago.
Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 06:53:43 pm »
Ignore

He should have left immediately after having lost Mississippi and Alabama to Rick Santorum on March 13.   At least he kept his adopted state of Georgia, so he could have bowed out with some face. 

IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi
Ben Kenobi
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 09:02:07 pm »
Ignore

He should have left when Santorum drubbed him in Missouri, Minnesota and Colorado.

Thanks for being the perfect staking horse, withdrawing when you actually took delegates away from Mitt.

"By not voting, you would let someone win who wants to destroy the regions, raise taxes, remove guns from the street, nationalize transit, expand abortion coverage, a gut the military." - Hagrid
Mirkku72
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 07:50:41 am »
Ignore

He was hanging quite long for some reason. I think the real presidential election has finally began.
milhouse24
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 01:34:35 pm »
Ignore

Someone should have told Newt that Zoo Animals can't vote, and that the people who do visit zoos are usually pro-evolution and not republicans. 

I would bet Newt is pro-evolution just based on his love of Zoo's. 

I don't really understand how he gets to embezzle all his campaign donations to take a glorified cross country family vacation with his wife to local zoos. 

He's one of the few people who turned a political campaign into an extended senior citizen vacation tour.  I hope he brought along a fanny pack and digital camera to capture all the great sights. 

Its not as bad as leaving in the middle of the campaign to go on a 2 week mediterranean cruise, but he did that as well. 

But it will work out for Newt,  he still has his book and video stories to sell.  I hope the next one will have some awesome giraffes and pengins in it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout