April Purple Poll: CO Tie; VA O+2; OH O+5; FL R+2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:09:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  April Purple Poll: CO Tie; VA O+2; OH O+5; FL R+2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: April Purple Poll: CO Tie; VA O+2; OH O+5; FL R+2  (Read 5025 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 06:03:05 PM »

No but they benefit more from a prosperous middle class and on that, given Dumbya's record, the Reactionary Party knows  all about

Unfortunately for you, Obama (unlike Clinton) isn't about a prosperous middle class. Incomes have shrunk and poverty has skyrocketed during his administration.

People like you don't like those facts, but people in Gladwyne aren't likely to care about that.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 06:09:19 PM »

No but they benefit more from a prosperous middle class and on that, given Dumbya's record, the Reactionary Party knows  all about

Unfortunately for you, Obama (unlike Clinton) isn't about a prosperous middle class. Incomes have shrunk and poverty has skyrocketed during his administration.

People like you don't like those facts, but people in Gladwyne aren't likely to care about that.

Perhaps had Dumbya built on the Clinton legacy of prosperity, low unemployment and solvent government ...the US economy may not have hit the crappers to the extent that it did Wink
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 06:10:11 PM »

No but they benefit more from a prosperous middle class and on that, given Dumbya's record, the Reactionary Party knows  all about

Perhaps had Dumbya bult on the Clinton legacy of prosperity, low unemployment and solvent government ... I doubt very much the US economy would have hit the crappers to the extent that it did Wink

Well, when you don't have facts, you make up a baseless hypothetical. Shrug. Congrats on convincing yourself.

Perhaps the voters will seek to continue to Obama record of poverty, shrinking incomes, money tossed to Democratic special interests, and insolvent government. Perhaps not.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 09:29:01 PM »

I talked to the guy who headed the poll today.  The sub-sample MoE is correct.  That 1705 sample is a total weighted sample, not just a total sample.  The actual total sample was around 4000 he said.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 09:40:46 PM »

Database entries:

CO: https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2012/polls.php?action=indpoll&id=820120423195
FL: https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2012/polls.php?action=indpoll&id=1220120423195
OH: https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2012/polls.php?action=indpoll&id=3920120423195
VA: https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2012/polls.php?action=indpoll&id=5120120423195
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 12:19:08 AM »

Perhaps had Dumbya bult on the Clinton legacy of prosperity, low unemployment and solvent government ... I doubt very much the US economy would have hit the crappers to the extent that it did Wink

Well, when you don't have facts, you make up a baseless hypothetical. Shrug. Congrats on convincing yourself.

Perhaps the voters will seek to continue to Obama record of poverty, shrinking incomes, money tossed to Democratic special interests, and insolvent government. Perhaps not.

As opposed to Republican records of poverty, shrinking incomes, money tossed to Republican special interests, and insolvent government, or as opposed to some mythical antelapsarian state that you believe held sway before January three years ago, perhaps through some sort of political application of the omphalos hypothesis?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 07:12:28 AM »
« Edited: May 01, 2012, 07:15:47 AM by krazen1211 »

As opposed to Republican records of poverty, shrinking incomes, money tossed to Republican special interests, and insolvent government, or as opposed to some mythical antelapsarian state that you believe held sway before January three years ago, perhaps through some sort of political application of the omphalos hypothesis?

If you recall, that statistical record led to the election of a Democratic President. Are you expecting the mirror outcome 4 years later?

DemocraticHawk's position of course seems to describe all 6 figure voters as a Republican special interest. I can agree and live with that as it will lead to another landslide victory by the Republican party among these voters.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 01:47:37 PM »

No but they benefit more from a prosperous middle class and on that, given Dumbya's record, the Reactionary Party knows  all about

If you recall, that statistical record led to the election of a Democratic President. Are you expecting the mirror outcome 4 years later?

DemocraticHawk's position of course seems to describe all 6 figure voters as a Republican special interest. I can agree and live with that as it will lead to another landslide victory by the Republican party among these voters.

Democratic Hawk's position is that the bills have got to be paid. And there will be those 6 figure voters and millions more besides who are rational enough to comprehend that the GOP's anti-tax jihad is, frankly, unaffordable

I know this much I wouldn't vote for new spending (outside of counter-cyclical fiscal stimulus) unless revenues were raised or cuts made elsewhere to - shock horror - pay for it. Its called fiscal responsibility Smiley
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2012, 12:31:39 PM »

Speaking of which, here we go. Wealthy people in Gladwyne are very eager to support Mitt Romney to safeguard themselves from higher tax.

http://mainlinemedianews.com/articles/2012/05/01/main_line_times/news/doc4fa07fee48681475319486.txt

Of course many of these people were Obama voters last time around. Not anymore!
ajb
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2012, 03:25:07 PM »

Speaking of which, here we go. Wealthy people in Gladwyne are very eager to support Mitt Romney to safeguard themselves from higher tax.

http://mainlinemedianews.com/articles/2012/05/01/main_line_times/news/doc4fa07fee48681475319486.txt

Of course many of these people were Obama voters last time around. Not anymore!
Umm, the article you're posting is about a Romney fundraising event.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2012, 03:43:59 PM »

Incidentally, I'd like to mention that I've been to this Gladwyne place that krazen keeps talking about. It's a hellhole. Not that that either strengthens or diminishes its voting strength in any way, but there's a certain small comfort of aesthetic-moral vindication in that, I think.
ajb
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2012, 04:15:39 PM »

Back to the demographic question...
According to the exit polls, whites over 50k went from 56R-43D in 2008, to 61R-37D in 2010. Not exactly an overwhelming change. Nonwhites over 50k likewise went from 75D-22R to 69D-29R.
All in all, typical of the shift from presidential-year turnout to midterm turnout where one party's supporters are more excited about voting. Obviously, if the 2012 electorate looks like the 2010 electorate, Obama's screwed; if it looks like the 2008 electorate, he's doing fine.
(I'd talk about voters over 100k, but those aren't broken down by race in the exit polls, and as you can see from the 50k+ numbers, race matters at higher income levels just as it does at lower income levels).
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2012, 04:29:45 PM »

Incidentally, I'd like to mention that I've been to this Gladwyne place that krazen keeps talking about. It's a hellhole. Not that that either strengthens or diminishes its voting strength in any way, but there's a certain small comfort of aesthetic-moral vindication in that, I think.

Err, what? Gladwyne is a beautiful place. People want to live there and they pay a lot of money to do so.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2012, 04:39:37 PM »

I am just curious Nathan why you consider Gladwyne a "hellhole." Is it because big houses on big lots = hell?  Is that in the Bible somewhere? Smiley

Now granted I would consider maintaining houses that big "hell," but I digress.

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2012, 04:52:06 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2012, 04:53:43 PM by Nathan »

Outside of the old village center it's completely uninteresting new development replete with gated communities and McMansions in what would otherwise be very nice woodland (and, indeed, the parts that still are woodland are quite lovely). I'll concede that the Youngsford/Righters Mill area isn't bad and that its proximity to Bryn Mawr is nice (I have an aunt who teaches at Bryn Mawr) but other than that it's just the sort of suburban environment with, shall we say, a limitation of history of note that characterizes so much of New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania. 'Hellhole' is perhaps a bit strong but this sort of thing is probably my least favorite type of environment for populated places in the United States, excepting outright ghettos.

Of course the sheer affluence of the place is this close to downright offensive considering its proximity to places like West Philadelphia, but that's of course a matter of preexisting political and social belief.

Gladwyne is, however, orders of magnitude nicer than many other Main Line communities. Let it never be said that it's anywhere near as bad as a lot of what surrounds it.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2012, 01:13:57 AM »

New Quinnipiac Swing State poll out later today (FL, OH, PA).

Maybe likely voters already, but I'm not sure. In 2008, Quinnipiac started with LV in June.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies