April Purple Poll: CO Tie; VA O+2; OH O+5; FL R+2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:33:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  April Purple Poll: CO Tie; VA O+2; OH O+5; FL R+2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: April Purple Poll: CO Tie; VA O+2; OH O+5; FL R+2  (Read 5092 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: May 01, 2012, 12:19:08 AM »

No but they benefit more from a prosperous middle class and on that, given Dumbya's record, the Reactionary Party knows  all about

Unfortunately for you, Obama (unlike Clinton) isn't about a prosperous middle class. Incomes have shrunk and poverty has skyrocketed during his administration.

People like you don't like those facts, but people in Gladwyne aren't likely to care about that.

Perhaps had Dumbya bult on the Clinton legacy of prosperity, low unemployment and solvent government ... I doubt very much the US economy would have hit the crappers to the extent that it did Wink

Well, when you don't have facts, you make up a baseless hypothetical. Shrug. Congrats on convincing yourself.

Perhaps the voters will seek to continue to Obama record of poverty, shrinking incomes, money tossed to Democratic special interests, and insolvent government. Perhaps not.

As opposed to Republican records of poverty, shrinking incomes, money tossed to Republican special interests, and insolvent government, or as opposed to some mythical antelapsarian state that you believe held sway before January three years ago, perhaps through some sort of political application of the omphalos hypothesis?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 03:43:59 PM »

Incidentally, I'd like to mention that I've been to this Gladwyne place that krazen keeps talking about. It's a hellhole. Not that that either strengthens or diminishes its voting strength in any way, but there's a certain small comfort of aesthetic-moral vindication in that, I think.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:52:06 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2012, 04:53:43 PM by Nathan »

Outside of the old village center it's completely uninteresting new development replete with gated communities and McMansions in what would otherwise be very nice woodland (and, indeed, the parts that still are woodland are quite lovely). I'll concede that the Youngsford/Righters Mill area isn't bad and that its proximity to Bryn Mawr is nice (I have an aunt who teaches at Bryn Mawr) but other than that it's just the sort of suburban environment with, shall we say, a limitation of history of note that characterizes so much of New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania. 'Hellhole' is perhaps a bit strong but this sort of thing is probably my least favorite type of environment for populated places in the United States, excepting outright ghettos.

Of course the sheer affluence of the place is this close to downright offensive considering its proximity to places like West Philadelphia, but that's of course a matter of preexisting political and social belief.

Gladwyne is, however, orders of magnitude nicer than many other Main Line communities. Let it never be said that it's anywhere near as bad as a lot of what surrounds it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies