Danish prime ministers. Thorvald Stauning is a survivor! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:53:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  Danish prime ministers. Thorvald Stauning is a survivor! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Danish prime ministers. Thorvald Stauning is a survivor!  (Read 10632 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« on: May 08, 2012, 01:29:41 AM »

Oh, too bad I didn't see this before now. Thanks to Politicus for tipping me off.

I vote off:

3 - Anders Fogh Rasmussen
The worst prime minister of my lifetime. He had all the skills but abused them in the worst possible way. We will suffer from the aftermath of this for many years to come.

2 - Knud Kristensen
Useless and played the patriot card too many times, which I despise.

1 - Madsen-Mygdal

So I don't like Venstre. ;-)

Not really sure about the rules here. If I've done something wrong let me know.

Can I make someone immune? If so I pick Nyrup Rasmussen (ideally I would have picked Scavenius, but he was eliminated in the first round).
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 02:56:35 AM »

I totally agree. Get rid of those.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 12:38:09 PM »

Both were indisputably great PM's and my personal favourites along with Nyrup, who wasn't a great PM as such, but precided over an extremely succesful cabinet. So a Stauning vs Krag final is fully justified. Both had immense influence over the society that we have built, arguably greater than anyone else. I think Krag was certainly a more brilliantly gifted man than Stauning, but Stauning is by far the most iconic danish PM. Both were being very significant social reforms.

I will say this though: Stauning was out leader during both economic hardship and war, while Krag was a leader at a time of prosperity. For that I will give my vote to Stauning for the win. A great man and leader. It's really sad that he died probably thinking that we had lost our country to the germans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies