Eating dogs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:32:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Eating dogs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it OK to eat dog meat?
Yes

Yes, but only if you are in country where its normal

No - only hotdogs

Other (specify)

Dunno

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Eating dogs  (Read 10305 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 26, 2012, 03:27:12 PM »

It's certainly not okay with me.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 03:43:16 AM »

I love all of the "enlightened" people voting "yes" on this...

If you want to eat dog meat, just don't do it by me, unless you feel like picking up your teeth from the floor.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 05:12:06 AM »

If you want to eat dog meat, just don't do it by me, unless you feel like picking up your teeth from the floor.

Are people supposed to say they eat pigs, cows and chicken but they would never on earth eat dogs? Is that more enlightened?

It's certainly a lot less stupid to not eat domesticated, intelligent, loving animals. And, of course, you're free to not eat any of the animals above which would be ideal.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 05:18:52 AM »

Wow, there are actually people emotionally invested in this?

Why wouldn't there be?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 05:44:07 AM »
« Edited: April 27, 2012, 05:46:47 AM by Eraserhead »

Why wouldn't there be?

Because frankly I can't think of one reason people eating dogs would be offensive. People eat rabbits. Bunnies are cute. People still eat rabbits (and they don't even taste all that nice).

Dogs aren't anything like rabbits so the comparison doesn't make sense. Have you ever owned a dog or do you know anyone who owns a dog? If someone who owned a dog decided to cook and eat it, would you find this to be normal?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 05:45:12 AM »

Why wouldn't there be?

Because frankly I can't think of one reason people eating dogs would be offensive. People eat rabbits. Bunnies are cute. People still eat rabbits (and they don't even taste all that nice).

Dogs aren't anything like rabbits so the comparison doesn't make sense. Have you ever owned a dog or do you know anyone who owns a dog? If someone who owns a dog decided to cook and eat it, would you find this to be normal?

Well, you don't keep pets to eat them. Some people have a pet pig (and pigs are more intelligent than dogs, etc. etc.). Should we stop eating pork? I can see why you would have some reservations about eating dogs yourself. I personally don't like qualis because they look like someone commited a bird massacre on your plate. Still, I'm not offended by other people eating quails.

I think the idea that pigs are smarter than dogs is pretty debatable. But as for the question, yes, you should stop eating pork. I did.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 05:51:13 AM »
« Edited: April 27, 2012, 06:17:15 AM by Eraserhead »

I love dogs and I don't think I'd ever voluntarily eat one.

Yet, speaking on Obama story, we should keep in mind that it took place in a country, where eating dogs is very usual. Also, he was a pre-teen, who was given a dog meat by his stepfather. Therefore, I'm not going to condemn him for this.

Oh, I basically give Obama a pass on it too. He was a young child at the time and was being given various meats to eat by an adult. I knew about the story before I voted for him in '08.

It's only been dredged up by Republicans to distract people from W. Mitt Romney, the adult dog torturer.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 02:34:53 PM »

If you did such a violence at the dog-restaurant where I partook in Saigon, you would probably be ejected. 

Oh well, I'm sure that would have been heartbreaking!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 03:27:20 AM »

We draw the line nowhere. We are human beings and it is our evolutionary right to eat whatever lesser specie we want whenever we want to.

Indeed. And while we're at it, why stop at "lesser species"? There are "lesser humans" we should be eating too. We'll start with the retarded and disabled people first.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies