Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 11:19:32 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Congressional Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  ME-Sen: Collins safe
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ME-Sen: Collins safe  (Read 1005 times)
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2013, 12:36:19 pm »
Ignore

From both sides.

http://atr.rollcall.com/maine-collins-looks-safe-from-both-left-and-right/

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - Charles de Gaulle

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
IDS Emperor Maxwell
mah519
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: -7.57

P

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 12:53:25 pm »
Ignore

I kind of suspected so much.

Boot out the Bums! Vote for Dorman for Governor!

A.G. Snowstalker
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 01:17:44 pm »
Ignore

Safe unless she chooses to retire.

Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 01:18:37 pm »
Ignore

Sen. Collins is too good for the partisan cesspool Washington has become. She should move on to better things.
Nichlemn
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 06:34:03 pm »
Ignore

Does Snowe's retirement make her more or less likely to retire? On the one hand she's lost her colleague and friend, on the other hand she was always kind of overshadowed by her "twin". It might depend on how she gets on with her new moderate hero colleague, King (despite him caucusing with the other party).

Talleyrand
TexasDemocrat
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 07:18:05 pm »
Ignore

Does Snowe's retirement make her more or less likely to retire? On the one hand she's lost her colleague and friend, on the other hand she was always kind of overshadowed by her "twin". It might depend on how she gets on with her new moderate hero colleague, King (despite him caucusing with the other party).

The relationship between Collins and Snowe was always tense. While Snowe grew tired of the Senate in late years due to the partisanship, Collins enjoyed her newfound power as a moderate Republican. In fact, I think Snowe's retirement and her corresponding rise in seniority/profile makes her more likely to run (not that she was going to retire in the first place).
sg0508
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.91

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 01:26:12 pm »
Ignore

Safe unless she gets tea-partied.  Then, the GOP of course won't learn from its past mistakes and oust her.  Then their Tea Partier will get waxed in Nov.
OC
olawakandi
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 09:06:15 pm »
Ignore

Collins likes the senate and likes Obama.
badgate
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 11:49:26 pm »
Ignore

That's disappointing. I was hoping the Betrayal of Reality that was her Susan Rice presser would hurt her.

Political Matrix Score
Economic: -6.32
Social: -4.17

"Hubert Humphrey must not have been considered very fun either."-Gilmore Girls
Northeast Assemblyman Sawx
SawxDem
YaBB God
Zimbabwe

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 12:13:39 am »
Ignore

The relationship between Collins and Snowe was always tense. While Snowe grew tired of the Senate in late years due to the partisanship, Collins enjoyed her newfound power as a moderate Republican. In fact, I think Snowe's retirement and her corresponding rise in seniority/profile makes her more likely to run (not that she was going to retire in the first place).
This. I don't see her retiring. She's become too powerful to primary.

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 08:22:24 am »
Ignore

I hope that she decides to run again, always liked her.

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=195483.new#new
the birth of modern america & onward election president samuel tilden running for reelection is set to face james g. blane in the court of public opinion
GMantis
Dessie Potter
YaBB God
Bulgaria

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 03:02:44 pm »
Ignore

Since Paul LePage is most likely going down in 2014, perhaps he might decide to run for Senate instead? He's probably the only Republican who could hope to challenge Collins.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:12:31 pm by GMantis »Logged

Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: 4.35

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 03:04:45 pm »
Ignore

Since the Paul LePage is most likely going down in 2014, perhaps he might decide to run for Senate instead? He's probably the only Republican who could hope to challenge Collins.

LePage, though, is also extremely loyal to Snowe. Snowe would not want to see Collins ousted.

Talleyrand
TexasDemocrat
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 03:42:05 pm »
Ignore

Since the Paul LePage is most likely going down in 2014, perhaps he might decide to run for Senate instead? He's probably the only Republican who could hope to challenge Collins.

LePage, though, is also extremely loyal to Snowe. Snowe would not want to see Collins ousted.

I'm not so sure that she cares enough for Collins to do that. Besides, I don't think he's foolish enough to challenge her.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/maine-senators-may-not-like-each-other-much-but-they-share-love-of-state-job/2011/05/03/AFGwpn0F_story.html
smoltchanov
YaBB God
Russian Federation
P
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 09:52:17 pm »
Ignore

Since Paul LePage is most likely going down in 2014, perhaps he might decide to run for Senate instead? He's probably the only Republican who could hope to challenge Collins.

He would have almost zero chances in primary and exactly zero in general...

Raging moderate. Big fan of "mavericks" (in all parties) and big non-lover of "reliable foot soldiers" (in all parties as well). Very much "anti-tea party". Political Matrix - E: -0.26, S: -3.48
Holmes
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 08:08:37 am »
Ignore

I see those self-imposed term limits are working well for her.

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 08:21:48 am »
Ignore

Aargh, she'll be primaried by some knownothing NASCAR mum. Don't trust these early polls, people.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout