Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 05:29:24 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Dear mods, before you freak and hit the kill switch.......
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dear mods, before you freak and hit the kill switch.......  (Read 1211 times)
Mechafever
View Profile
« on: April 26, 2012, 03:46:28 pm »
Ignore

This is indeed Mechaman posting from another account.

Now, before you march your little fingers to the little red "ban" button, let me explain how I got to this point:

You see, a couple of months ago while drunk I reset the password to my account.  I woke up, sober, the next morning and suddenly find that I can't enter in the right password to change sh*t.  I contacted Dave about this, and all I got was a huge "HUH?" at best (no offense dude).  So pretty much, I was forced to stay as MechcaRepublican as my screenname and could never EVER log out or else I would be doomed to oblivion.

Well guess what kids?  It's kind of already happened.

This morning my laptop went kaput.  Like, it literally feel apart.  This wasn't like a system crash, no the outer shell of the laptop literally came loose.  As it is, I'd probably be better off just buying a Macbook Pro than try to salvage the old one.

So yeah, I pretty much crapped out of the system by accident.  This is a legit scenario, I am not doing this to troll, I am not doing this because of a change in ideology, I'm doing this because the Mechaman account is literally dead (by accident).

So please, when you run that IP check and it comes from Oklahoma City don't jump to conclusions.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:04:42 pm by Mechafever »Logged
Mechafever
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 03:49:36 pm »
Ignore

Also, before some skeptic says "well for a laptopless poster you seem to be quite good at typing things" this is my Ipad and I'm using a wireless keyboard.
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 04:03:50 pm »
Ignore

I was wondering why you hadn't changed from MechaRepublican in forever...

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.55, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 04:07:46 pm »
Ignore

I swear if Mechaman is banned I'm leaving.

Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 06:18:02 pm »
Ignore

I sure hope not...every time someone is banned, the jmfcst takes a 20-30 death point hit.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 06:28:08 pm »
Ignore

Damn, that sucks. I hope you'll be back full-time soon.
The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 06:39:16 pm »
Ignore

I don't think you're going to have a problem.

Einzige is a poltroon who cowardly turns down duel challenges he should be honor-bound to accept. The Code Duello authorizes you to mock and belittle such a pathetic honorless scoundrel.
Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 08:00:47 pm »
Ignore

No, we won't ban you (at least I'd strongly object to it).  That being said, please try e-mailing Dave, and I'll have Nym do the same.
Nym90
nym90
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 08:32:07 pm »
Ignore

I'll email Dave for you. I'm quite surprised that he was unhelpful when you inquired about this before. Jmfcst, for example, was able to successfully get back into an account he had locked himself out of. But I would be more than happy to contact him if that will help.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 08:55:19 pm »
Ignore

I keep my account password in the safety deposit box with strict instructions for its disposition stipulated in my Last-Will-and-Testament.  However I need to know - is the account subject to primogeniture or may I leave it to any of my offspring, pets, or the United Negro College Fund?

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Mechafever
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 10:26:33 pm »
Ignore

I'll email Dave for you. I'm quite surprised that he was unhelpful when you inquired about this before. Jmfcst, for example, was able to successfully get back into an account he had locked himself out of. But I would be more than happy to contact him if that will help.

To be fair though, my emails were a little loopy.

For instance, one of his responses was "user Mechaman was online as of xx time".  What he seeemed to be getting from it was that I was complaining about not being able to get in.  In fact, my issue was not being able to remember my password, just in case I ended up getting logged out for some reason.

Also, I replied to one of his emails directly through my email and not through the site.  Not sure if that affects anything.  I apologize to Dave if this sounds like I'm accusing him of why I'm in this situation.  I know it sounds like that's exactly what I'm saying but I swear I'm not.  Fact is I'm in this situation because of me.
Dave wasn't the idiot who got drunk and changed my account's password.  And I don't expect him to be God and be able to fix everything.  I was just commenting that I felt like my emails were misinterpreted in what I was asking for.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 10:35:08 pm »
Ignore

Subtle anti-Apple trolling.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 11:34:28 pm »
Ignore

Dude...let's be honest:  the jmfcst is not an example, he's the exception.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,

Swing low, sweet chariot,
FBF
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 04:10:04 am »
Ignore

Welcome back!  Cheesy
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 11:25:23 am »

To be fair though, my emails were a little loopy.

For instance, one of his responses was "user Mechaman was online as of xx time".  What he seeemed to be getting from it was that I was complaining about not being able to get in.  In fact, my issue was not being able to remember my password, just in case I ended up getting logged out for some reason.

Also, I replied to one of his emails directly through my email and not through the site.  Not sure if that affects anything.  I apologize to Dave if this sounds like I'm accusing him of why I'm in this situation.  I know it sounds like that's exactly what I'm saying but I swear I'm not.  Fact is I'm in this situation because of me.
Dave wasn't the idiot who got drunk and changed my account's password.  And I don't expect him to be God and be able to fix everything.  I was just commenting that I felt like my emails were misinterpreted in what I was asking for.

Hi,
I have emailed a new password to your email address on your linked atlas account.  if you no longer have access to the edu account on your forum page, you should change it so that you can reset your password in the future.  Note that I didn't take action on this immediately because I was a bit suspicious that someone was impersonating you - someone kept posting from the account (and I interpreted your email that you couldn't get in) and the email address you sent me the request from did not match your forum account.  Now, I understand what is going on.  You should be all set.
Thanks,
Dave
Scottish Robb Stark
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 02:42:02 pm »
Ignore

I have to say, Mech, you really look like a dumbass now. Wink

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 02:44:16 pm »
Ignore

Bless you, Dave!
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 03:12:02 pm »
Ignore

Bless you, Dave!

Mechafever
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 09:15:23 pm »
Ignore

I have to say, Mech, you really look like a dumbass now. Wink

Like I said, Dave isn't really to blame for any of this Sad

Thanks man.

Well folks, this is me saying goodbye.
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 09:23:59 pm »
Ignore

Wow, what an embarrassing episode......

Anyway, thanks Dave.  Again, I'm sorry for the really quizzical way I asked you about this.
I want it to be known that I didn't intend on making this a public issue but then my laptop split open and what not and I ended up on this iPad.  I should've sent a better worded message directly from this forum, I should've just directed you to a new email address.  Yada yada.

Also, I changed the password on the Mechafever account to a password I'll forget about by tomorrow morning if not in five minutes.  I didn't record this password down anywhere for me to remember so there is no way I can remember and use it as a way to troll this forum or something.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:26:01 pm by MechaRepublican »Logged

Simfan34
YaBB God
Ghana

Political Matrix
E: 2.32, S: 4.87

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 11:48:43 pm »
Ignore

It's Dave! Hello Dave!!!

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2012, 10:02:33 am »
Ignore

Mechaman's back Cheesy

Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2012, 11:46:34 am »
Ignore

DEVIL RUM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

Welcome back though, Mecha. Wink

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2012, 05:48:19 pm »
Ignore

Lol, the things people do when they use this board under the influence.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout