Can Mitt Romney sucessfully rehabilitate his image at this point? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:25:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Can Mitt Romney sucessfully rehabilitate his image at this point? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can Mitt Romney sucessfully rehabilitate his image at this point?  (Read 4002 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: April 26, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »

I'm inclined to agree. Will Romney be able to rehabilitate his own image? Probably not. But will he be able to reframe Obama's? I bet he will. Romney may be unlikeable, but Obama is a bad president. Mitt can take advantage of that.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 10:32:19 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2012, 10:40:50 PM by HagridOfTheDeep »

The US economy might not even matter.

If the eurozone falls apart, Mitt has a pretty compelling narrative, what with his whole "Obama wants to turn us into a European welfare state" schtick.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »

That may be true.

But I honestly believe that for every vote Obama gains for giving a fluffy speech, he also loses one. I can't watch an Obama speech without cringing, because I know it's just all bullsh**t. Independents see that. Republicans certainly do.

And that's why, ultimately, Obama will be on defence, not offence.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 01:10:47 PM »

Did you people not see his victory speech the other night?  He's so much better as a candidate than he was 6 (even 2) years ago

It really was a brilliant speech. It shows that some of Obama's rhetoric can backfire. Obama may get short-term gains from attacking Romney's wealth, but it is gonna get dangerously close to class warfare. Mitt Romney will have an edge up on this issue by the time Obama is finished overusing his attacks on "rich businessman Romney."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies