Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 11:19:51 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  International Elections (Moderator: Hashemite)
| | |-+  French legislative election 2012
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] Print
Author Topic: French legislative election 2012  (Read 25385 times)
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 30, 2012, 10:40:45 am »
Ignore

Based on your experience, how many invalidations would you predict ? It would be disgusting if the left's majority (already underwhelming for losing more close races than it won) were further shortened. Sad

HashCAN     americans saw the EP elections and people cringing at Europeans being morons and electing Nazis; so they massively said "NO" and decided to prove that they're still bigger morons

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Hashemite
YaBB God
South Africa

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -7.30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: June 30, 2012, 10:47:48 am »

Based on your experience, how many invalidations would you predict ? It would be disgusting if the left's majority (already underwhelming for losing more close races than it won) were further shortened. Sad

It may be underwhelming and all... but let's not forget that the left's majority is - I think - bigger than it was in 1997 (and obviously way bigger than in 1988). And even a one seat majority is better than this:

Smiley

BritishDixie
United Kingdom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: June 30, 2012, 10:53:11 am »
Ignore

What's going on in France makes me so happy.

Economic score: +6.58
Social score: +5.04
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 30, 2012, 11:02:53 am »
Ignore

It may be underwhelming and all... but let's not forget that the left's majority is - I think - bigger than it was in 1997 (and obviously way bigger than in 1988). And even a one seat majority is better than this:

Smiley

Now, I know I'm a whining spoiled brat, no need to remind me. Tongue

HashCAN     americans saw the EP elections and people cringing at Europeans being morons and electing Nazis; so they massively said "NO" and decided to prove that they're still bigger morons

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Hashemite
YaBB God
South Africa

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: June 30, 2012, 11:17:34 am »

Could you please quit spamming and trolling, Verwoerd?

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 30, 2012, 11:25:20 am »
Ignore

BTW, for one I'm really hoping Devedjian survives. He's the only right-winger in the 92 who isn't a thug.

Hashemite
YaBB God
South Africa

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: June 30, 2012, 11:26:55 am »

BTW, for one I'm really hoping Devedjian survives. He's the only right-winger in the 92 who isn't a thug.

Well, Fromantin is a fairly good guy. There was an interesting article about him a few weeks ago in Le Monde, and he has the style of a moderate, pragmatic centre-rightist focused on governance rather than photo-ops and politicking.

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 30, 2012, 12:01:39 pm »
Ignore

Well, Fromantin is a fairly good guy. There was an interesting article about him a few weeks ago in Le Monde, and he has the style of a moderate, pragmatic centre-rightist focused on governance rather than photo-ops and politicking.

You're right about Fromentin, as usual I spoke a bit to early. Wink Of course, my real reason for liking Devedjian is that Sarkozy hates him. Isn't that a sufficient reason ? Tongue

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: June 30, 2012, 12:23:55 pm »
Ignore

One of the new PS deputies - Olivier Ferrand (Bouches-du-Rhône 8th) - has died suddenly.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Hashemite
YaBB God
South Africa

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: June 30, 2012, 12:32:56 pm »

One of the new PS deputies - Olivier Ferrand (Bouches-du-Rhône 8th) - has died suddenly.

To make horrible things more horrible, his successor is a Guériniste stooge.

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: June 30, 2012, 01:23:47 pm »
Ignore

Bouches-du-Rhône-8 : Olivier FERRAND (PS)

Olivier Ferrand sadly died this morning of an anevrism, aged 42, after its jogging.

"its"? Just because he's dead doesn't make him a thing.

Oh well. I blame your sleep deprivation. (RIP.)

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 30, 2012, 02:20:08 pm »
Ignore

Bouches-du-Rhône-8 : Olivier FERRAND (PS)

Olivier Ferrand sadly died this morning of an anevrism, aged 42, after its jogging.

"its"? Just because he's dead doesn't make him a thing.

Oh well. I blame your sleep deprivation. (RIP.)

You should blame my poor English skills, instead.
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 30, 2012, 02:37:14 pm »
Ignore

I know. I was joking. (And while it would have gotten that meaning across, what I wrote in French sounded totally wrong and John-Tory-style. God, has my "active" French gotten rusty... Passive comprehension is still good enough to read newspapers though.)

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout