Ask 20RP12 Anything
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:45:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ask 20RP12 Anything
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Ask 20RP12 Anything  (Read 2980 times)
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2012, 07:28:12 PM »

~~idea stolen from Kalwejt~~

Fire away.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 08:20:04 PM »

Well, at least you are honest about this Wink
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 08:21:47 PM »

Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 08:34:11 PM »

Why don't you support fetal consumption in spite of the millions of jobs that it creates?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 08:36:33 PM »

Why don't you support Duke/Cincy?  Why do you disgrace The People so..?
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 08:48:00 PM »

Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like?

Yes.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »

Why don't you support fetal consumption in spite of the millions of jobs that it creates?

And the millions of lives it takes? This is Atlasia. We love EVERY Atlasian.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 08:49:13 PM »

Why don't you support Duke/Cincy?  Why do you disgrace The People so..?

You didn't get the checks in the mail, did you?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 08:58:55 PM »

Given your current and blatant disregard for The People in general, can you comment on what has driven you to display your contempt for us on your sleeve? And once you admit that you do hate Us, can you explain to Us how you expect to have a future in this game that is already dying when you continue to spit in the very faces that are attempting to save it?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 09:00:37 PM »

You're running for President? How do you expect to get elected when The People have already whispered into the ears of millions to rank you last, barring some change of heart? The battle for second preferences behind the Duke/Cincinnatus ticket is heating up and you've essentially said you aren't interested. Why is that?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »

Social Security number?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 04:00:44 AM »

Not really a question, but you have my endorsement for Mideast Assembly in May - we really need more activity there!
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 08:49:53 AM »

Given your current and blatant disregard for The People in general, can you comment on what has driven you to display your contempt for us on your sleeve? And once you admit that you do hate Us, can you explain to Us how you expect to have a future in this game that is already dying when you continue to spit in the very faces that are attempting to save it?

I believe an inside joke is no longer concealed or funny when you use it like Kurt Cobain used heroin.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 08:51:07 AM »

You're running for President? How do you expect to get elected when The People have already whispered into the ears of millions to rank you last, barring some change of heart? The battle for second preferences behind the Duke/Cincinnatus ticket is heating up and you've essentially said you aren't interested. Why is that?

Every preference counts to me, whether first or last. I'm honoured just to receive consideration enough to be preferenced.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 08:51:36 AM »

Not really a question, but you have my endorsement for Mideast Assembly in May - we really need more activity there!

Thank you! Smiley
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 08:59:23 AM »

20RP12- I'd be keen to see your comments on my foreign and military policy...I think you'll find we may agree on a bit more then we would've thought...just a bit
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 09:38:09 AM »

The Clarence Doctrine
As the elected leader of the Atlasian people, it is the President's responsibility to value their well-being and interests above all others. If elected President, I will act in a manner which strengthens our security, economy, and future. Other nations will be judged and dealt with by how willing they are to work alongside us.

In theory, this aligns pretty well with my idea of an "Atlasia First" foreign policy. So long as we are not shunning countries because they initially refuse to work with us, this is a pretty decent idea.

Case Study
To put this into an actual event- let's discuss the Egyptian protests last year which resulted in Mubarak being thrown out of power. Mubarak was not a good leader for the Egyptians- but I saw him as being fine for our interests because he worked alongside us. I would have immediately contated President Mubarak to offer my assistance and publicly announce my support of him due to his more moderate foreign policy and more secular domestic policy then many other extremists. I would consider sending in special operators to evacuate Mubarak to a safe area and- depending on who appeared likely to succeed him- remove potential enemies before they assume power. The reason is this- we will not use our military to take out any and all dictator to emerge so dictators will exist- I'd rather have them work with us then against us and if those that stand with us get removed without us lifting a finger- what motivation do the rest have?

I can see your point with Mubarak, but in no way do I agree with the idea of publicly endorsing him despite the Egyptians strong discomfort with him. I would not have sent in troops, nor would I have done nothing. I would have publicly condemned Mubarak, called for his resignation, in the event that he refused from then on, I would have called other countries to form an alliance behind the rebels, supplying weapons, food, water, etc. At the point of Mubarak's removal from power, the alliance would wait in the wings in the event of a military coup. If a coup did occur, then the alliance would publicly condemn and begin placing sanctions on Egypt. Once Democratic elections were to be held, the alliance would dissolve and from then on it is not our place who the Egyptians elect.

Terrorism My thought is this- there is NO rational reason for some one to strap a bomb to their chest in order to kill civilians. That is irrational- it is pure evil- and I will not seek to place a justification on it such as "they don't want us to back Israel." Terrorists are wrong and their method of warfare and attacks on civilians do not earn them the right for us to hear their grievances. We did not invite 9/11- we do not invite any attack. Give the terrorists this though- they have resolve. They will try to kill us at all costs so my policy is to kill them first...

This is where we'll have agreements and disagreements. To me, there is no rational reason to be a terrorist either...but I'm not putting myself in the mindset of one who genuinely believes that if he sacrifices himself to his god, that he will live forever in paradise. You are right in saying terrorists are wrong and their methods are wrong, so why is it right if we do the same thing to them? Bomb their people? Kill their people? Thousands of civilians have been killed thanks to our involvement in the Middle East. We are essentially stooping to their level. I'm going to have to disagree in saying we didn't invite 9/11. Hear me out before you have a heart attack--when you take a stick and start hitting a bees nest...what happens? The bees get angry. When you continue hitting the nest, they get fed up and attack you and sting you over and over. This is essentially what we did and have done with our foreign policy for the past three decades especially. We invaded the Middle East in the 90's in defense of Kuwait in the Gulf War. Afterward, we were sending missiles into Baghdad, defying international law, and killing civilians. We had been swinging at the bees nest for far too long and so the bees finally got fed up...and attacked us. It's horrific to thing, but had we been more diplomatic and patient, we could have prevented 9/11. I do not subscribe to the notion of "kill them first" over the notion of "let them kill us last." We should go to any measure to make sure we are not the target of a domestic attack, but likewise we should not invade any country and anger the bees.

Israel
I am a strong and unabashed supporter of Israel. As could also be in my doctrine- I do NOT believe in proportional response and I believe when a nation has a stated policy of proportional response, it becomes calculated in others' decision to strike that nation as a necessary sacrifice. Israel was founded on legal grounds and supported by the world's leading powers at the time...it is the nation in the Middle East where Jews are free and where Christians are virtually free of persecution. Its one million law-obeying Muslims have full democratic rights and a high quality of life (I will address Gaza later). When dealing with Israel- as I have discussed with Ben- I would split Gaza and the West BAnk. From what I understand- the West Bank is largely urbanized and becoming a destination for tourists. There are movie theaters, department stores, restaurants- and of course the basics. This is due to a moderate government there mostly geared to peace. Gaza is an example of what happens when Hamas is placed in charge. I will stand by Israel as they deal with terror from within and threats such as Iran in their neighborhood. I believe in a two-state solution but one which defends Israel's territorial integrity.

I believe a two-state solution is the only real way to at least calm the tension. Israel was indeed founded on legal grounds and was supported by the world's superpowers at the time...but it was really only because of the recent occurrance of the holocaust. For quite a bit of time, the land belonged to Muslims and was called Palestine. The land was promised to both Jews and Muslims by Britain after WWII, but only Israel got a peace of the land. I believe the two can co-exist in peace, and a two-state solution would help.

Afghanistan
Leave. See you later...nice knowing you...bye bye

Something we agree on.

United Nations
I read an article last week about how us and other prosperous nations are being asked to foot the bill for a new climate change initiative. I also find their stances on things such as the Israel conflict repulsive at times and do not find them to as receptive to our views as they should considering we bankroll their asses... I would consider a funding cut if not an outright withdrawal.

Something else we agree on.

Why I would go to war
I would only go to war if the national interests of our nation were threatened. This could range anywhere from a response to a nuclear strike on the homeland (God forbid) to Iran closing the Strait of Hormuz- which would have truly devastating financial impact on our economy.

How I would fight a war
Forget nation-building- that isn't happening. We got bogged down in Vietnam building their schools and town halls and bridges trying to get them to like us instead of going VC. We are bogged down in Afghanistan trying to encourage farmers not to sell opium and checking if local election voting sites are safe and our guys are getting killed for a nation that doesn't want us there. My warfighting strategy would have this principle-

No boots on the ground unless crucial- including special operators such as the SEALs, Rangers, Army Special Forces (Green Berets), and Delta Force. Any war I lead will be a war which uses our technology- DRONES, BABY, DRONES! The ability to wage war with our young people in command centers instead of the battlefield is one we need to use...a war with no casualties on our side is now conceivable. This also reduces chances of a Haditha or a My Lai taking place and reduces the chances our people are captured and held as POWs. War is not two armies meeting on a field with casualties coming from direct engagement from the enemy- war is now about ambush and our technology allows us to beat that now.

I put these two together because it'd be easier to respond to both at once.

Essentially, I agree that there should be no nation-building, but I do not agree that there is really ever a justifiable reason for going to war. I think the idea of going full-on with drones and other deplorable killing machines is not how we build relationships with other countries around the world. If we look like a bully, we'll be treated like a bully. We should engage in diplomatic talks to prevent the need to go to war.

Conscription
The warfighting strategy I have outlined above would make conscription unnecessary as we wouldn't need the numbers- but it must be preserved as an option in the event our homeland is attacked.

We had this debate some time ago and we agreed to disagree. I believe that conscription is an outright stab in the heart of human rights and should never be used in any situation ever.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 09:39:03 AM »

Military Funding
In the USA- defense is about 20% of our budget yet has been targeted for 50% of this cuts. There is NO MORE important role for the national government then providing for the common defense- yet I know I will be outvoted here so I will propose the following reorganization which result in significant cuts- partially due to ending cross-branch redudance and also by cuts made possible by the drones
ATLASIAN ARMY- All ground forces minus a smaller, expeditionary Marine Corps under the Navy
ATLASIAN NAVY- All sea forces- continue building carriers to increase force projection
ATLASIAN AIR FORCE- All air forces- including transportation
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE- All general services including HR, medical, chaplain, JAG, public affairs, recruiting, personnel- whether these would be members of the military I believe yes- but could have many civilian employees as well

If the three branches focus on fighting- the bloat will decrease. If their charges are distinct- it will reduce redundance

What is this "USA" you speak of? Wink Anyway, I believe we shouldn't have to wait to cut spending. Any true fiscal conservative that says "let's cut spending," should mean "let's cut spending." Across the board. No exceptions. We are in times of trouble in which our spending is out-numbering our revenues. Either we must cut spending...or we'd raise taxes. And the second option is NOT gonna happen. No way. So we have to cut spending in order balance our budget.

Atlasian Exceptionalism
I have disagreed with a few people on this board- no disagreement was more broad then the thread where it was asked who we would prefer to win a war between us and Iran- many people answered Iran. We are lucky to live in a nation where that doesn't get you pulled out of bed in a mask one night. People are far too quick to disregard the outstanding and pioneering freedoms we have in this nation- and the good we have done across the world. We are NOT a fascist or imperialist nation. We remain a beacon of hope because we ask the world to-

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

What other nation does that... or has our values. I will always approach foreign policy with the resolve and confidence that comes from knowing that our values are not simply different- they are BETTER. We are the greatest nation on Earth and my foreing policy will reflect that.

Truly inspirational and mostly agreed. However, because we are prone to nation-building, we are becoming an imperialist nation. We are building an empire, it seems. The only way to restore the image of Atlasia is to be a friend, is to truly live by the words you cited, in which we reject no one from wanting to live in the freest and greatest nation on Earth.

Sorry, I had to split it into two posts because I exceeded the character limit.

Hopefully I thoroughly answered your question(s).
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 09:41:58 AM »

Jake, I'd be interested to know where you stand on Iraq, China, North Korea, Iran's nuclear program, and the LRA as I asked Clarence.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 09:44:49 AM »

20RP12- I very much appreciate your detailed response. I am amazed by your maturity and knowledge for your age- I hope that doesn't sound condescending as it isn't meant to be. I look forward to the next two months of debate and discussion
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2012, 09:52:50 AM »

20RP12- I very much appreciate your detailed response. I am amazed by your maturity and knowledge for your age- I hope that doesn't sound condescending as it isn't meant to be. I look forward to the next two months of debate and discussion

On the contrary, it is very much appreciated Smiley
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2012, 10:00:22 AM »

Jake, I'd be interested to know where you stand on Iraq, China, North Korea, Iran's nuclear program, and the LRA as I asked Clarence.

Iraq - There is no mission left in Iraq. We went in initially to search for WMDs and then subsequently to topple the regime of Saddam Hussein. We found no WMDS and Saddam is now dead. Our presence is no longer needed there in any way, shape or form.

China - A country that is really thriving off of it's powerhouse economy. However, the nation is in shambles and a huge majority of the population lives in one part of the country. The other part of the country is poor and divided, which is upsetting. China really is not an issue at this point, I think. They are a country competing in a world-wide economic system, and they are playing the game well.

North Korea - Probably one of the most overrated countries in the world when it comes to people being afraid of them. They couldn't hit Hawaii with a missile if they were 25 feet away from it.

Iran's Nuclear Program - It is not our business to get involved. We should let the International community do what it believes is best for the situation, but we are in no place to attack or invade them solely on the basis of their nuclear program.

LRA - Not our problem and is becoming largely inactive in recent years. "Kony 2012" is the biggest sham and the fact that people are buying it is disgusting.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2012, 10:04:19 AM »

Thank you, Jake.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2012, 10:05:11 AM »

No problem Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2012, 10:14:39 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2012, 10:17:48 AM by sjoycefla »

Israel
I am a strong and unabashed supporter of Israel. As could also be in my doctrine- I do NOT believe in proportional response and I believe when a nation has a stated policy of proportional response, it becomes calculated in others' decision to strike that nation as a necessary sacrifice. Israel was founded on legal grounds and supported by the world's leading powers at the time...it is the nation in the Middle East where Jews are free and where Christians are virtually free of persecution. Its one million law-obeying Muslims have full democratic rights and a high quality of life (I will address Gaza later). When dealing with Israel- as I have discussed with Ben- I would split Gaza and the West BAnk. From what I understand- the West Bank is largely urbanized and becoming a destination for tourists. There are movie theaters, department stores, restaurants- and of course the basics. This is due to a moderate government there mostly geared to peace. Gaza is an example of what happens when Hamas is placed in charge. I will stand by Israel as they deal with terror from within and threats such as Iran in their neighborhood. I believe in a two-state solution but one which defends Israel's territorial integrity.

I believe a two-state solution is the only real way to at least calm the tension. Israel was indeed founded on legal grounds and was supported by the world's superpowers at the time...but it was really only because of the recent occurrance of the holocaust. For quite a bit of time, the land belonged to Muslims and was called Palestine. The land was promised to both Jews and Muslims by Britain after WWII, but only Israel got a peace of the land. I believe the two can co-exist in peace, and a two-state solution would help.

If you believe that the two (being Israelis and Palestinians) can co-exist in peace, would you also support a binational solution, unifying the nation into one federal state modeled after Belgium, Bosnia, or Switzerland? Also, do you think a three-state solution, where we go back to 1967 borders with 1967 control over land (Jordanian-Egyptian solution) would be feasible?

And related to that, what is your position on the Golan Heights/Sheeba Farms conflict? Give to Israel? Give to Syria? Split the difference? Make Jabal al-Druze?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies