Mitt Romney Says to College Students: "Just Borrow Money from your Parents" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:31:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt Romney Says to College Students: "Just Borrow Money from your Parents" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mitt Romney Says to College Students: "Just Borrow Money from your Parents"  (Read 9718 times)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« on: April 29, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »

This is so typical of hack Democrats who hate Romney with such a passion that they are willing to take almost everything he says out of context and blow it out of all proportion.

No... it's because he's radically and dangerously inept and tone-deaf...
For the Romney fans on here: would it have killed him to say, "if you can, borrow money from your parents."? Would that have ruined his message?

Not at all. The point of what I'm saying is: That's basically exactly what Romney said. But because he didn't say it in exactly the way the Democrats would think is "socially acceptable," he's dencounced for it. Do you people legitimately beleve that Romney doesn't realize some people don't have money to lend their kids? Of course he's aware of that. But he's talking to an audience of rich university kids, and he made a suggestion about how to maybe start a business. This isn't the end of the world. But because Romney didn't perfectly streamline exactly what he said, the Dems pounce.

I can't wait till Joe Biden gets into the thick of campaigning. Then we'll see how defensive the liberals are too.

Otterbein University's tuition is relatively cheap for a private institution and with financial aid is cheaper that instate public institution in some states. I imagine there are rich kids in that audience, and I imagine there are a lot more kids in that audience that are less well off.

Because a school like NYU has tution in excess of 50k, do you think all of it's attendants are rich? Kids of all wealth levels attend all colleges; this isn't the 1700s where you HAD to be rich.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:07:55 PM »

Even better than getting "loans" from your parents is getting "grants." Tongue

Rich parents puzzle me. One would think they would say, hey, I will pay for your education as long as it seems productive forever, but after that, you don't get a dime baby, and the estate other than for some modest amount will all be going into a foundation or given to charity. Don't plan anything around an expectancy because it just won't be there. What rich parents do tend to do in my experience, in an unfortunately high percentage of cases, tends to leave their kids a dysfunctional sense of entitlement mess.

I don't think opebo would like me too much as a parent. Tongue

Torie, I love this post so much, and is what I aim to do as a parent.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies