Jury duty (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:42:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Jury duty (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jury duty  (Read 3265 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: April 28, 2012, 01:26:50 PM »

I get summoned regularly...it's no big whup.  I never get picked Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 12:25:47 PM »

One of my professors for my law classes, who of course was a licensed attorney herself said that it's mandatory that attorneys be barred from juries and she's been called but ruled ineligible on those grounds. In fact I think I've heard that anyone employed by a law firm is barred from jury duty due to a possible conflict of interest, though in that case non-attorneys become eligible again if they leave their job but anyone who was an attorney is barred for life. Maybe just the law in Minnesota.

No such ban exists in CA.

Nor here.  My cousin is one of the top labor lawyers in the area and he always gets picked, ha ha, poor bastard Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 12:30:42 PM »

So wondering, if during a pre-screening interview I went on some rant along the lines of "I think the justice system is bullsh**t, they won't even let me smoke weed!", would that disqualify me from any jury, or just drug cases?

Also do they do background checks on any prospects? Like let's say in California they find out someone was an active organizer for the Yes on Prop 19 campaign. I think that fact would probably eliminate them from any drug cases.

Background checks?  Seriously?   They can't f[inks]ing people to show up....get serious, brtd.  The courts don't have enough money to cover your parking for the day. Roll Eyes
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 03:25:32 PM »

So what did you decide to do, Joe?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies