Lincolin Chafee /Arlen Specter (R) vs Zell Miller/ Robert Byrd (D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:34:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Lincolin Chafee /Arlen Specter (R) vs Zell Miller/ Robert Byrd (D)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for?
D  Chaffe/ Specter

D  Miller/ Byrd

R  Chaffe/ Specter

R  Miller/ Byrd

I  Chaffe/Specter

I  Miller/Byrd

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Lincolin Chafee /Arlen Specter (R) vs Zell Miller/ Robert Byrd (D)  (Read 5019 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 15, 2005, 01:51:13 AM »

Who would you vote for?  Who would win?

I think this would be almost a role reveral of what we have now.  I would vote for Chaffe/ Specter.  Lets see some maps
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 01:54:18 AM »

Call me crazy but, I actually like Zell Miller.  I may not agree with everything that comes out of his mouth but, he seems like a straight shooter to me.  Not the brightest Senator but, definitley one of the most honest.  "Id like to challenge you to a dual."  I still crack up everytime I see that interview replayed.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 02:25:06 AM »

This is the result:

Miller wins a 320-218 electoral margin. His losses among liberals would be more than made up for by his strong gains among southern whites and conservatives across the country.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 02:34:46 AM »

Can someone tell me how to make maps.  i tried to post my map & dopey ass couldn't do it right
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 02:36:22 AM »

Considering that Chafee semi-endorsed Kerry and Miller endorsed Bush, it'd basically just be an inverse of the 2004 map, especially since Chaffee is liberal on just about every issue and Miller is conservative on just about every issue.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 02:38:10 AM »

This is the result:

Miller wins a 320-218 electoral margin. His losses among liberals would be more than made up for by his strong gains among southern whites and conservatives across the country.

i highly doubt that.  I think Chaffe would win pretty easily and would take the entire mid/atlantic northeast would be a direct inverse of this year (except D.C) as well as the upper wid west & west coast
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2005, 02:38:19 AM »

Can someone tell me how to make maps.  i tried to post my map & dopey ass couldn't do it right

Edit winners here and then copy and past the URL to the resulting map.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2005, 02:41:31 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2005, 02:43:04 AM by Bob »

Can someone tell me how to make maps.  i tried to post my map & dopey ass couldn't do it right

Right-click on the map, then scroll down to Properties(at least, that's how it is on my computer- it could be different on others). Click on it, then highlight the address and copy it. Then paste it where you want it to go, but put it between  . Hope that helps!
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2005, 02:46:24 AM »

This is the result:

i highly doubt that.  I think Chaffe would win pretty easily and would take the entire mid/atlantic northeast would be a direct inverse of this year (except D.C) as well as the upper wid west & west coast

I don't think the map would be a direct inverse. Miller would hold the ultra-Democratic states(New York, California) and make big gains in the South. He would still win overwhelmingly among blacks, and do a lot better among Hispanics than Kerry(due to his pro-life stance).
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2005, 02:50:05 AM »

Right-click on the map, then scroll down to Properties(at least, that's how it is on my computer- it could be different on others). Click on it, then highlight the address and copy it. Then paste it where you want it to go, but put it between  . Hope that helps!

i'm getting a grey map,  any reason why that is happening??

P.S  As a New Yorker no way does Miller win here, especially over a liberal like Chaffe
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2005, 02:52:38 AM »

chaffe wins big 385-153
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2005, 02:54:33 AM »

holy Crap i did it,  thanks Bob
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2005, 02:56:37 AM »

No problem, I had a hell of a time figuring out how to do that too:)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2005, 02:58:30 AM »

No problem, I had a hell of a time figuring out how to do that too:)

Making the maps were easy, getting it to appear in the post well was.....
danwxman

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2005, 03:06:50 AM »

Chafee/Specter would obviously win Pennsylvania.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2005, 03:22:07 AM »

Chafee would win DC
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2005, 03:31:39 AM »

LOL. No Republican- certainly not within my lifetime, and probably never- will carry DC. It doesn't matter if the Republican's a liberal and the Democrat's a conservative.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2005, 03:33:35 AM »

Chafee/Specter. I like Zell a lot but almost any ticket with Robert Byrd on it would not get my vote.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2005, 03:36:10 AM »

Zell has always been extremely successful with black voters, this would certainly not be the case.  Besides, it's not like black voters are exactly eager to run away from a Southern Democrat to a Northeast Republican.

I would predict you would see a very similar map to Ford/Carter 1976, with some minor changes here and there.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2005, 04:29:41 AM »

One question: why on earth would Robert Byrd (in the Senate since the '50's and still there...) be Zell Miller's (in the Senate since 2000. And no longer there) V.P?

First you have the seniority problem (yes, Byrd would see it like that) and then you have the fact that Byrd has always been fairly anti-Republican, something that can't really be said for Zell at the moment.

There's also some "fairly" large ideological differences between the two... on social issues I'd guess their views are similer, but economically?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2005, 09:58:02 AM »

chafee/specter!  what a great ticket.  actually, id favor replacing specter with someone like susan collins.  specter suffers from dementia these days.  but im a big fan lincoln chafee.

miller+byrd=the perfect match.  byrd was in the kkk and still has no qualms about throwing around the 'n' word.  miller was chief of staff to one of the worst segregationists in american history, lester maddox.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2005, 11:46:09 AM »

One question: why on earth would Robert Byrd (in the Senate since the '50's and still there...) be Zell Miller's (in the Senate since 2000. And no longer there) V.P?

First you have the seniority problem (yes, Byrd would see it like that) and then you have the fact that Byrd has always been fairly anti-Republican, something that can't really be said for Zell at the moment.

There's also some "fairly" large ideological differences between the two... on social issues I'd guess their views are similer, but economically?

Well Zell Miller was Governor of Georgia for between 8 and 12 years before becoming Senator and was either a Senator or a Congressman before that and Lt. Gov. of Georgia.
FerrisBueller86
jhsu

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2005, 01:58:46 PM »

I would definitely vote for Chafee.

We can assume that the states that normally vote Democratic would vote for Chafee and that the states that normally vote Republican would vote for Miller.

Would any heavily Democratic or Republican states stick to the same party (which means voting for the different ideology in this case)?  Would Chafee be able to win in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, and South Dakota as Republicans normally do, or would these states defect to the Democratic candidate?  Would Oregon and Washington vote for Miller or would they defect to Chafee?

Which states would be the battleground states?  The same battleground states as 2000 and 2004 or different states?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2005, 02:12:55 PM »

Chaffee-Specter
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2005, 04:07:10 PM »

I am no fan of the fact that Robert Byrd being VP but Miller has my support.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies