Lincolin Chafee /Arlen Specter (R) vs Zell Miller/ Robert Byrd (D) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:21:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Lincolin Chafee /Arlen Specter (R) vs Zell Miller/ Robert Byrd (D) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for?
D  Chaffe/ Specter

D  Miller/ Byrd

R  Chaffe/ Specter

R  Miller/ Byrd

I  Chaffe/Specter

I  Miller/Byrd

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Lincolin Chafee /Arlen Specter (R) vs Zell Miller/ Robert Byrd (D)  (Read 5079 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: January 15, 2005, 11:46:09 AM »

One question: why on earth would Robert Byrd (in the Senate since the '50's and still there...) be Zell Miller's (in the Senate since 2000. And no longer there) V.P?

First you have the seniority problem (yes, Byrd would see it like that) and then you have the fact that Byrd has always been fairly anti-Republican, something that can't really be said for Zell at the moment.

There's also some "fairly" large ideological differences between the two... on social issues I'd guess their views are similer, but economically?

Well Zell Miller was Governor of Georgia for between 8 and 12 years before becoming Senator and was either a Senator or a Congressman before that and Lt. Gov. of Georgia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies