Lincolin Chafee /Arlen Specter (R) vs Zell Miller/ Robert Byrd (D) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:15:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Lincolin Chafee /Arlen Specter (R) vs Zell Miller/ Robert Byrd (D) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for?
D  Chaffe/ Specter

D  Miller/ Byrd

R  Chaffe/ Specter

R  Miller/ Byrd

I  Chaffe/Specter

I  Miller/Byrd

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Lincolin Chafee /Arlen Specter (R) vs Zell Miller/ Robert Byrd (D)  (Read 5091 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: January 15, 2005, 01:51:13 AM »

Who would you vote for?  Who would win?

I think this would be almost a role reveral of what we have now.  I would vote for Chaffe/ Specter.  Lets see some maps
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 02:34:46 AM »

Can someone tell me how to make maps.  i tried to post my map & dopey ass couldn't do it right
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 02:38:10 AM »

This is the result:

Miller wins a 320-218 electoral margin. His losses among liberals would be more than made up for by his strong gains among southern whites and conservatives across the country.

i highly doubt that.  I think Chaffe would win pretty easily and would take the entire mid/atlantic northeast would be a direct inverse of this year (except D.C) as well as the upper wid west & west coast
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 02:50:05 AM »

Can someone tell me how to make maps.  i tried to post my map & dopey ass couldn't do it right

Right-click on the map, then scroll down to Properties(at least, that's how it is on my computer- it could be different on others). Click on it, then highlight the address and copy it. Then paste it where you want it to go, but put it between  . Hope that helps!

i'm getting a grey map,  any reason why that is happening??

P.S  As a New Yorker no way does Miller win here, especially over a liberal like Chaffe
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 02:52:38 AM »

chaffe wins big 385-153
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 02:54:33 AM »

holy Crap i did it,  thanks Bob
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2005, 02:58:30 AM »

No problem, I had a hell of a time figuring out how to do that too:)

Making the maps were easy, getting it to appear in the post well was.....
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2005, 07:03:09 PM »

One question: why on earth would Robert Byrd (in the Senate since the '50's and still there...) be Zell Miller's (in the Senate since 2000. And no longer there) V.P?

First you have the seniority problem (yes, Byrd would see it like that) and then you have the fact that Byrd has always been fairly anti-Republican, something that can't really be said for Zell at the moment.

There's also some "fairly" large ideological differences between the two... on social issues I'd guess their views are similer, but economically?

The reason I put Byrd on the ticket is he is fairly socially  Conservative and would probably have appeal to socially Conservative Southern Republicans (along with Zell obviously) who would be turned off by having 2 socially liberal candidatees running on the Republican ticket.  Basically I was trying to come up with something that would be an inverse of what we have now.  Chaffe & Specter are the 2 most liberal Republicans out now
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies