Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:32:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession.  (Read 11635 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2012, 08:40:41 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=137599.msg3332181#msg3332181
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2012, 09:34:45 PM »

Things are heating up!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2012, 10:25:22 PM »

FMR. JUSTICE OAKVALE'S REMARKS ON ENDORSEMENT BY PRESIDENT POLNUT

PRESS RELEASE

The President has recently made a comment in relation to the upcoming Presidential Race.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Mr. President, thank you for those very kind words. I'm honored to have your support and your endorsement for the Presidency.

I've been very fortunate to have the opportunity to support and work with President Polnut since he returned to Atlasia, from his agonizingly close loss in the gubernatorial race - that nonetheless heralded the beginning of a sea-change in the region - to his election not just once but twice to the highest office in the land. Over those months I got to know Polnut, and found him to a savvy, highly principled person who sought reasonable compromise but wasn't afraid to stick up for his beliefs when he felt he was right. As time went on he proved to be a great President who was, and is, a credit to the office.

Mr. President, I know this was not an easy decision for you to make, and I am humbled to have your support. I hope in the coming months that I will have the opportunity to prove it was the right one. Smiley

To my friends and supporters I say this - with, er, E-Day drawing ever nearer, that mysterious entity known as momentum is clearly on our side - the poll show us surging in support, and, against all odds, victory seems like an honest possibility for the first time since Cincinnatus and I launched this quixotic, long-shot campaign many weeks ago. Let's keep on firing on all cylinders until Election Day! Grin
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2012, 10:33:08 PM »

You know Oakvale... I've come around to you. You'll rank high in my preferences.

Hopefully President Clarence will appoint you to cabinet. Wink
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2012, 11:51:03 PM »

ELECTION DAY!!!

Well, everyone, it's finally here! Grin

It's been a long and exhausting road, but Election Day is finally upon us. When Cincinnatus and I started this quixotic campaign, we hardly expected to even last this long. The fact that we've not only stayed in the race but, could, depending on what polls you believe (Tongue), be within striking distance of a victory, is vaguely surreal to me.

I'll be giving a longer speech at the end of the election, whatever the results, but I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank my terrific campaign members - my running mate Cincinnatus and my campaign manager Fuzzy for all their hard work. I'd also like to express my appreciation to President Polnut and former Governor Snowstalker for their thoughtful advice and support. Smiley

To my opponents, Napoleon, Clarence and Tweed, I say this - we've had our differences, perhaps understandably, but I believe this is a very strong field of candidates, and whoever is elected President will have my support. Smiley

Now, everyone, go out and give us a first (or even second!) preference - for an inclusive Presidency that all Atlasians can be proud of, vote Oakvale/Cincinnatus - the Independent Ticket! Grin
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2012, 05:48:59 AM »

Hey, you guys are in second place now! You used to be hovering around Tweed.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2012, 10:43:06 PM »

ANNOUNCEMENT

Former Justice Oakvale will be making his remarks on the election results within the hour.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2012, 11:01:50 PM »

FMR. JUSTICE OAKVALE'S REMARKS ON THE ELECTION RESULTS

Hey, everyone. Smiley

A short while ago I messaged former Governor Napoleon  to congratulate him on being elected the next President of Atlasia.

While the votes haven't been confirmed yet, the results are clear - Napoleon has won this election, and I was happy to offer him my sincere congratulations - he's earned this victory over the course of a long and often tough campaign.  I'd also like to express my condolences to my friends Senator Clarence and Assemblyman Yelnoc - they ran a terrific campaign, and both will continue to be major forces in Atlasia in the future. I've gotten to know Clarence well over the last few months, and he's a man of integrity. I'm glad that he's sticking around in the game.

As for me and Cincinnatus, our weird, quixotic journey has come to an end tonight, but I have no regrets - none.

When we started this campaign, we not only didn't expect to win, we didn't really expect to even make it to Election Day. The fact that we not only stayed in the race, but received a tremendous outpouring of support from our fellow citizens was completely unexpected, and I'm eternally grateful for that. Smiley

This was always a long-shot, and I don't consider this loss a disappointment. Because me and Cinci achieved everything we set out to do - we ran a substantive campaign focused on the issues, and, most importantly, we had a great time, even when things occasionally got acrimonious.

I'd like to thank my terrific campaign manager Fuzzy, former Governor Snowstalker, my running mate Cincinnatus, and President Polnut for their invaluable advice and friendship. They've all been a fantastic help, and any failure on the part of this campaign is mine and mine alone.

I don't know what's next for me in Atlasia. I haven't got any plans to run for elected office in the future, but I'll leave the door open - I've had some more free time in "real life", lately, which would make something like running for some other office a viable option without having to resign due to time constraints again. Tongue

I've been considering restarting my old newspaper, the Occasional News, and maybe even starting a law firm to offer help for people pleading their case before the Supreme Court.

We'll see, we'll see.

And, most of all, I want to sincerely thank all those Atlasians who voiced their support, lent us their ears and their votes. I appreciate it so much, and though the night may have not turned out the way some of you hoped, know that our odd, long-shot campaign stuck in against the odds and made a mark on the race. And that's something we can all be proud of.

My congratulations again to the President-elect, and good night!

Thank you,

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2012, 11:42:10 PM »

PS: I'd like to congratulate Senators Scott, Ben, Sbane and Yankee on their re-election, and to Redalgo on his first time being elected to the Senate. Smiley

And that's me out, folks. It's been fun!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2012, 12:05:53 AM »

You ran a great campaign, Oakvale! Smiley
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2012, 12:59:08 AM »

I've been considering restarting my old newspaper, the Occasional News, and maybe even starting a law firm to offer help for people pleading their case before the Supreme Court.

Please do both of these things, especially the newspaper.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2012, 02:23:07 AM »

No, you're an asshole!! Cry
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length