Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:35:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession.  (Read 11535 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2012, 08:41:54 PM »

My mistake for being ambiguous - I was actually referring in that post to our rival for Labor's endorsement, 20RP12's, plan, which, er, isn't so much privitisation by stealth as just blatantly repealing Fritzcare in its entirely and leaving millions of Atlasians without adequate healthcare.

Woah woah woah, hold your horses partner. Blatant attacks like that are uncalled for and frankly untrue.

My plan does not and will not "leaving [sic] millions of Atlasians without adequate healthcare."

My plan is to scrap the current system and work with both left AND right wingers to find a solution. It is my belief that the entire healthcare system does not belong inside the federal Government, but instead should be left to the free market. I would sign a bill, however, that perhaps insured some lower income Atlasians within the federal Government but that's it. I do not believe in the principle of forcing people to buy anything. It is simply against the ideals of liberty.

Fair enough. I apologise for being somewhat glib.

There's a philosophical difference here with is irreconcilable, I fear, and may be best left for the debates, but, more importantly, the use of "leaving" in that post was not a grammatical mistake and thus does not require a "[sic]". Wink

No, it wasn't a mistake, but to accurately quote your precise diction in his statement would make it grammatically incorrect, so he was adding such to emphasize that he knew it was grammatically incorrect in the manner he was inserting the quote but that he intended to preserve precisely what the original author said.

I got that, but it would been more appropriate to do the following -

"[leave] millions of Atlasians".

[/pendant]
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2012, 08:52:22 PM »

My mistake for being ambiguous - I was actually referring in that post to our rival for Labor's endorsement, 20RP12's, plan, which, er, isn't so much privitisation by stealth as just blatantly repealing Fritzcare in its entirely and leaving millions of Atlasians without adequate healthcare.

Woah woah woah, hold your horses partner. Blatant attacks like that are uncalled for and frankly untrue.

My plan does not and will not "leaving [sic] millions of Atlasians without adequate healthcare."

My plan is to scrap the current system and work with both left AND right wingers to find a solution. It is my belief that the entire healthcare system does not belong inside the federal Government, but instead should be left to the free market. I would sign a bill, however, that perhaps insured some lower income Atlasians within the federal Government but that's it. I do not believe in the principle of forcing people to buy anything. It is simply against the ideals of liberty.

Fair enough. I apologise for being somewhat glib.

There's a philosophical difference here with is irreconcilable, I fear, and may be best left for the debates, but, more importantly, the use of "leaving" in that post was not a grammatical mistake and thus does not require a "[sic]". Wink

No, it wasn't a mistake, but to accurately quote your precise diction in his statement would make it grammatically incorrect, so he was adding such to emphasize that he knew it was grammatically incorrect in the manner he was inserting the quote but that he intended to preserve precisely what the original author said.

I got that, but it would been more appropriate to do the following -

"[leave] millions of Atlasians".

[/pendant]

Yeah, that'd work too.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2012, 09:14:18 PM »

I'm a grammar nazi Tongue
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2012, 03:07:16 PM »

First of all, I'd like to welcome Snowstalker to the race.

We will be unveiling our ideas on game reform tomorrow in Chicago!

We've been a little delayed since we had to go back to Vegas to find Cincinnatus, who's still hungover. He's going to be okay, though.

After that it's on to Minneapolis. Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2012, 12:27:50 AM »

Press release on the Empowering The Regions In Federal Elections Amendment

Voting is currently underway in most regions on the Empowering The Regions In Federal Elections Amendment , which gives the regions more power on how to choose their Senators, and provides a way for a federal official to open voting booths when the Governor is absent-

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is a bold reform, and I strongly support this measure, both as a former Governor and regional rights advocate and as a candidate for the Presidency. The game needs change, and giving the regions more say in how to elect their representatives is the right thing to do. Smiley

I urge all Atlasians to vote YES on this important amendment.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2012, 03:18:50 AM »

Neither of you voted for it during the seven days of voting. Huh  I find that an odd way of strongly supporting something.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2012, 03:39:27 AM »

For the record, I strongly opposed this measure and will continue to do so.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2012, 05:23:53 AM »

The Pingvin Report would provide live TV and Internet report of your campaign stops.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2012, 08:22:25 PM »

My Vice-Presidential running mate, former Assemblyman Cincinnatus, will be speaking in Chicago momentarily on how the Oakvale/Cincinnatus administration would reform the Vice-Presidency and make government more efficent. Smiley
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2012, 08:24:53 PM »

On the Vice Presidency;

The responsibilities and functions of the Vice Presidency have received on and off attention since I registered, and as I can assume, long before too.  I feel it's extremely important, at least to me, that this issue be addressed directly, and I hope that all Vice Presidential candidates will develop their own ideas and conclusions.  Before I bore you with my poorly conceived attempt to "fluff" this dialogue, let me get to the issues..

Cabinet Flexibility has passed and in my opinion, is one of the best pieces of legislation signed in recent months.  A great bill, that remains unused in regards to the Vice Presidency, or at all.  Our Vice Presidents need to step forward when needed, and take on duties beyond the office.  We've constantly had trouble filling and maintaining a full, active cabinet.  When the situation arises that a post is left unfilled (AG for the most of my time here, for example), the Vice President should be the first to offer his assistance.  If this ticket is elected, I will be the first to step forward if the need arises.

Stepping up and taking charge is an important quality for your candidates to have.  It's also important for the game, because it is a necessity for this game, that our elected officials not only fulfill their obligations, but strive to exceed them.  The Vice President needs to take a leading role in updating and maintaining the wiki, in making the game more user-friendly.  The Federal Gov't should seek to copy the Civic information threads that several regions have passed.  A thread maintained by the VP, including the status of bills, linked to the relevant wiki page.  There's a large disconnect between the Federal Government, and the rest of Atlasia.  An up-to-date wiki, and easily-accessible information thread are imperative, if we wish to close the gap.

Finally, evolving the Vice Presidents legislative role is a strong desire of Oakvale and I.  There are many ideas and paths we can utilize, but there is one in which we feel will be both agreeable among partisan lines, and effective legislatively.  While few have brought up the idea of making the Vice President a Senator, we feel that this exceeds the power the position should have.  Instead, we believe the Vice Presidency should be granted the powers to introduce legislation, and amendments, but not given the ability to vote.  This isn't a drastic change by any means, and should be viewed as a step that will increase the effectiveness of administrations to come, the involvement of the Vice Presidency, and a stronger dialogue between the Administration, and the Senate. 

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2012, 03:35:22 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2012, 12:25:37 PM by Oakvale »

^ Thanks to Cincinnatus for unveiling our ideas on how to make the Vice-Presidency a relevant position. From my own experience, when I was Governor of the Pacific I passed an amendment that gave the Lieutenant Governor actual responsibilities - this is a similar move. Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2012, 12:27:53 PM »

Activity will be muted for the next few days due to exams, but I'd like to just quickly address something Winfield asked a few other candidates -

Would you support the Presidency and Vice Presidency being elected independently of one another?

I'd worry that we'd end up with the Vice-Presidency being treated similarly to the neglected Lieutenant Governors' offices in several regions - a powerless office no-one bothers to seek.

If we were to elect the Vice-President seperately I'd at least need to see reforms in line with what Cincinnatus outlined above passed, and possibly further, for fear of neutering an already overlooked position.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2012, 02:35:57 PM »

Why have you declared war on women and gays?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2012, 02:38:22 PM »

It's the precursor to our war on ponies.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2012, 03:03:15 PM »

It's the precursor to our war on ponies.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2012, 04:49:11 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

While former Justice Oakvale has been absent from the campaign trail in the last several days - a fact he explained by muttering something incomprehensible about "studying for exams" in "real life", which the campaign would like to reassure the public that these comments were due to stress and not to some kind of break from reality - he would like to make a brief statement on the crisis in the Pacific.

While I feel some sympathy for Governor Jackson - we're all human, and it's easy to make a mistakes - the sad fact is that this mistake is completely unacceptable, and compounded by his bizarre, casual dismissal of the very need for an election.

I know from my own experience as Governor that the Pacific can often have problems with inactivity, but that's no excuse for shirking ones constitutional responsibilties - the people elect you to do a job, and if you can't do it you should resign.

I applaud the President's deft handling of the crisis, and urge Pacificans to elect a Governor who will fulfil the obligations of the office.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2012, 04:52:17 PM »

I am glad we all took a week off at the same time. Wink

Debate in five to seven days?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2012, 05:00:35 PM »

I am glad we all took a week off at the same time. Wink

Debate in five to seven days?

Sure, sounds good to me. Did we ever decide on that IRC debate/Q&A?

But yeah,this has actually worked out decently by chance- you and Clarence ill and me suffering the effects of not studying anything, ever. Tongue

Of course, 20RP12's still around to make appearances with terrible emo bands. Wink
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2012, 10:35:26 PM »

Oakvale, how do you feel about The Equal Representation Act currently being debated in the Senate?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2012, 04:55:44 PM »

PRESS RELEASE:

In light of today's news, all of us here Oakvale/Cincinnatus campaign HQ would like to wish Secretary of Internal Affairs 20RP12 all the best in his retirment, and hope that he, some day, can return to the games, whatever our differences over this campaign season.

In other news, I'm greatly looking forward to participating in a debate soon, and talking with the other canddiates about how we can move Atlasia forward. Smiley
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2012, 02:59:16 PM »

Well, I wasn't sure if I should say what I'm about to say but in hindsight I figured: what the hell!

So yes, in light of recent events it is with great pleasure that I decide to put aside all the money and all the machine instructions and make an endorsement for the one ticket that doesn't like ponies AND Jews.

Therefore, effective at 2:59 this day, I hereby endorse the Oakvale/Cincinnatus ticket.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2012, 09:42:44 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

The Oakvale-Cincinnatus campaign is excited to announce that former Northeast Governor Snowstalker has joined the campaign as Senior Advisor. The former Governor will be, er, advising (Tongue) both Cincinnatus and myself on various campaign issues, and I look forward to Snowstalker being a valuable asset on the campaign trail.

We'd also like to thank Mechaman for his only mildly anti-Semitic endorsement. Thanks, Mecha! Grin
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2012, 10:06:04 PM »

Thank you. I respect all the fine candidates in this race; Napoleon's assistance in teaching me the ropes of Atlas, Clarence's real-world experience, and Tweed's role in Atlasia's very formation. But Oakvale gave me the best bribe is the candidate who I feel can best unite Atlasia, and I am proud to work with him.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2012, 10:20:48 PM »

Thank you. I respect all the fine candidates in this race; Napoleon's assistance in teaching me the ropes of Atlas, Clarence's real-world experience, and Tweed's role in Atlasia's very formation. But Oakvale gave me the best bribe is the candidate who I feel can best unite Atlasia, and I am proud to work with him.

Is that what the 2.6 trillion thing in your sig is about? Tongue
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2012, 03:25:16 AM »

I think I know why you made that just now. Wink

The People deserve to know if a ticket is employing dirty and desperate tactics. I reject the culture of corruption that I see coming from my opponent's campaign.

I suppose the Oakvale/Cincinnatus ticket is being addressed here. What can you say about the reproach that your campaign employs "dirty and desperate tactics" as well as "corruption"?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies