John McCain is still a sore loser
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:11:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John McCain is still a sore loser
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John McCain is still a sore loser  (Read 1278 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 28, 2012, 01:00:28 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/27/john-mccain-obama-bin-laden-anniversary_n_1460320.html

Yeah sorry John that Obama could get done what you wouldn't have and that imbecile who defeated you couldn't. Boohoo.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 01:05:52 AM »

Pops is right. Obama should follow W's example who never even dreamed of politicizing 9/11.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 01:48:13 AM »

Al Gore fan boys are worse
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 10:31:20 AM »

Sure- talk all that sh**t to a true American hero who was a major party nominee for President and respected US Senator... I'm sure he will be crying himself to sleep that some fella on an internet board calls him a sore loser
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 01:23:00 PM »

Sure- talk all that sh**t to a true American hero who was a major party nominee for President and respected US Senator... I'm sure he will be crying himself to sleep that some fella on an internet board calls him a sore loser

Two things:

First, at this point, McCain is hardly a respected Senator (he's become a sad, broken, bitter man who is now little more than a shell of his former self). 

Second, McCain was an American hero until he sold out everything he stood for.  He didn't lose his dignity in a POW camp in Vietnam, but he definitely lost it running for President.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 01:28:51 PM »

Just because he's a veteran and a senator does not mean we can't be critical of him.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 01:48:33 PM »

Two things:

First, at this point, McCain is hardly a respected Senator (he's become a sad, broken, bitter man who is now little more than a shell of his former self). 

Second, McCain was an American hero until he sold out everything he stood for.  He didn't lose his dignity in a POW camp in Vietnam, but he definitely lost it running for President.

Ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee isn't exactly something to scoff at, or to consider non-respected...
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 02:08:07 PM »

Two things:

Ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee isn't exactly something to scoff at, or to consider non-respected...

And James Eastland , not exactly the modern idea of a respected statesman, was chairman of the Judiciary Committee.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 02:11:10 PM »

John McCain is right though.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 02:16:40 PM »

Two things:

And James Eastland , not exactly the modern idea of a respected statesman, was chairman of the Judiciary Committee.

Eastland chaired the committee and, according to Wikipedia, did so fairly and well.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 03:45:37 PM »

I like that McCain is complaining about this, when his own party politicized 9/11 a ton in their 2008 convention.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 03:50:35 PM »

I like that McCain is complaining about this, when his own party politicized 9/11 a ton in their 2008 convention.

And the previous 7 years.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 05:38:04 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^
Purch
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 10:18:05 AM »

Personally Don't think things like 9/11 or the killing of Bin Laden should ever be used for campaigning.. unfortunately that's modern day politics .. Use anything to get elected and divide the country on things that should be bringing us together.

On a side note wasn't  George H.W. Bush the one who wouldn't campaign on the fact the Berlin Wall came down under his presidency? If So I have to respect him for that.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 11:29:29 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Terrific lede, Huffington Post writers, well done.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies