Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2014, 10:07:41 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: True Federalist, Former Moderate, Badger)
| | |-+  Ohio radio host advocates corrective rape for lesbian
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ohio radio host advocates corrective rape for lesbian  (Read 475 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2012, 06:40:27 pm »
Ignore

An Ohio radio host is facing a storm of protest after advocating corrective rape for a young lesbian. Dominic Dieter, radio personality at Cleveland's WMMS, is in hot water for suggesting to a father he should arrange to have his daughter raped to turn her straight.

Cleveland radio listeners received a horrific shock Friday morning, April 27, when Dominic Dieter of Rover's Morning Glory, a talk show on WMMS 100.7, told a father that his gay daughter should be raped straight.

Responding to a father who happened upon his teenage daughter kissing another girl, Dieter said, “You should get one of your friends to screw your daughter straight.”

GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) is calling on Clear Channel and Cleveland radio station WMMS to suspend radio personality Dominic Dieter for telling a father to essentially arrange for his daughter to be raped if he suspects she's gay.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ohio-radio-host-advocates-corrective-rape-for-lesbian
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 06:55:06 pm »
Ignore

This may be the most disgusting thing I have ever heard.

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 07:46:56 pm »
Ignore

Ugh. Anything with the phrase 'advocates rape' in it is an automatic HP.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

Carlos Danger
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 07:50:26 pm »
Ignore

That's an idiotic, sophomoric, and offensive comment.  That said, saying that he "advocated rape" is a stretch.

cavalcade
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -3.13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 08:24:22 pm »
Ignore

Seems to me to be a tasteless joke where an apology is all that is necessary.  I don't think "hey, you should get one of your presumably 40 year old friends to have sex with your teenage daughter" should be interpreted as serious advice though I suppose it's possible that is what he actually meant.

Also, about 10% of "teenage daughters kissing another girl" are actually "lesbians."
Rooney
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 06:48:42 pm »
Ignore

What makes this statement the most ridiculous is that the course of action proposed would not even work. Rape, if anything, makes women avoid men and heterosexual intercourse. If the father followed the designated course of action and hired a male companion to rape his daughter this would only lead her to reject men in a stronger, and for a very justified, reason. Thus, the plan would backfire immensely and leave the father merely scratching his head at:

1) Taking advice from a guy on the radio.
2) Okaying the rape of his own daughter because some guy on the radio told him to do it.
3) Leading his daughter to embrace her lesbian identity in an even  more stringent way.

The strategic plan of this radio host is highly flawed to say the least.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:50:22 pm by Rooney »Logged

Political Matrix:
Economic score: +8.65
Social score: -8.00
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 07:27:46 pm »
Ignore

It's disgusting, but from the little quote there it seems that it was merely a joke (albeit an incredibly vile and insensitive one).  The way the title is written, it makes it sound like he was giving a detailed plan to correct lesbianism, not making a one-sentence joke.

Also, do we even know if the daughter is gay?  Did he walk in on her and a friend making out in the bedroom or is this more like he found a picture of her kissing a girl at a party on Facebook or something?
President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 10:07:16 pm »
Ignore

That's an idiotic, sophomoric, and offensive comment.  That said, saying that he "advocated rape" is a stretch.
Agreed

two glass houses, twenty stones
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 03:35:34 am »
Ignore

Altough I oppose any same-sex union, I find this disgusting.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout