Dan Savage on the Bible (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:30:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Dan Savage on the Bible (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dan Savage on the Bible  (Read 10557 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: April 28, 2012, 08:50:34 PM »
« edited: April 28, 2012, 09:05:48 PM by Senator Scott »

Wow.  I thought Dan Savage was a man of tolerance.  Very disappointing to see.

I applaud the students who left the auditorium.  The gay rights movement was established to obstruct bigotry and divisiveness, not create more of it.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 02:34:49 PM »

Obviously none of the Christians who attended the speech interpret the Bible the way Savage thinks every Christian does let alone tie their political convictions to religious faith, otherwise they would have never went in the first place.  Can we honestly not see the irony here in promoting divisiveness at a cause that fights to break divisiveness?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 12:59:32 AM »

If I'm insane for believing in a man who preached equality, tolerance, love, charity, forgiveness, and other things both militant atheists and militant fundies don't apparently like, then I don't want to be sane.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 01:19:42 AM »

If I'm insane for believing in a man who preached equality, tolerance, love, charity, forgiveness, and other things both militant atheists and militant fundies don't apparently like, then I don't want to be sane.

Plus the idea of something transhistorical or, dare we hope, eternal, which I'm given to understand is a little hard to wrap one's head around when one is obsessed with the idea of One's Oh-So-Rational Highness' superiority (or One's Oh-So-Pious Highness' superiority).

Precisely.

You also believe he was born to a virgin, walked on water, died and then magically came back to life after a couple of days, too, right?  Wink  Tongue

Yes.  But of course that's clearly just one of many irrational beliefs I hold that's so highly unpopular with the American people and resented by our president, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies