Dan Savage on the Bible (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:59:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Dan Savage on the Bible (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dan Savage on the Bible  (Read 10568 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« on: April 30, 2012, 08:43:13 AM »

People walked out when he called what was in the Bible about gays 'bullsh-t.' Perhaps we are to presume that these people don't consider what is said about gays bullsh-t particularly as a number of them went straight to Focus on the Family to air their grievances?

So he is right in a way. They are pansyasses for leaving. It happens to me when I've called them out on it. I can stand there and take everything thrown at me, but the moment you fight back they can't take it.
I am more outraged at a 40 year old man calling a specific group of kids "pansyasses" and how it is very contradictory to his anti-bullying message... or is bullying ok when it is directed at those who disagree with him?

It was the National High School Journalism conference. If prospective journalists can't listen to something that they disagree with without walking out then yeah, they are pansyasses for walking out of the conference.

Yeah, like you wouldn't walk out if they had Jim Dobson or something.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 10:06:54 AM »

The distinction is that the Bible (IIRC) does not specify as a rule that there *must* be slavery so either having slavery or not having slavery are both consistent with Biblical principles, but it does specify in several places that there *must not* be homosexual activity.  Of course it is ridiculous to take one's moral guidance from a document that represents the moral code of an ancient civilization that was considered backwards even when said moral code was written down, but that's neither here nor there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies