Do you subvert political stereotypes? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:41:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you subvert political stereotypes? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you subvert political stereotypes?  (Read 9830 times)
Rooney
United States

« on: April 29, 2012, 09:29:47 PM »

These are excellent questions! Before I begin I must add that I find most people who stereotype to be urban, hold master's degrees in film, work at used book shops and find everything "terribly interesting." This is why I never stereotype.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I have been a registered Libertarian since I was 18 years old. I was attracted to the party because I knew people who were Republicans and Democrats and did not want to be anything like them. I like to be a Libertarian because no one argues with me when I tell them what party I belong to, probably because they have no idea that Libertarian is a party.  

I like to find most of my info on cracked.com. I occasionally will read my local newspaper and I always watch my local news. There is a lovable old man on the Channel 4 news in Mason City who does "personal interest stories." These stories involve some old woman who has been collecting "Wizard of Oz" memorabilia for forty-years or some eight grade kid who likes whales. They are a blast!  

I have belonged to a lot of churches. As a youth my father was a very religious man who took me to a fundamentalist Baptist church. He loved the church until he discovered it had only black people in it, then he declared it to be a bad church. He then went on to form his own church in our basement. Seeing how he was an insurance salesman and not a minister this church attracted very few members.

When I went off to college I decided to look into several different churches. I attended a church where the minister was once a dentist. He got into a car wreck on Halloween 1979 and had a life changing moment. He told the congregation that he went to Hell for thirteen minutes. I thought this story was total bull because it had way too many coincidences: so he gets into a car crash on HALLOWEEN and goes to HELL for THIRTEEN minutes. He was pretty boring outside of his tendency to lie about going to hell. Needless to say I left this church.

Eventually I made my way to the Roman Catholic faith. I was attracted to this faith because I attended a Catholic school when I was in elementary school and always thought mass was pretty cool. I liked how everyone knew all the words to the songs and chants. I also found the priests to be awesome old men who knew a lot and wore a pretty cool revere collars. I also liked The Exorcist as a boy and hoped to meet a priest who had battled with the Devil. Low and behold I met three and can tell you that they are bad ass guys.

Over time I have tried more "new wave" Christian churches. The Open Faith Chapel was one in Mason City which had a guy with a beard who wore jeans and a red tee shirt preach the gospel and play the acoustic guitar. His band could shred "The Moon" theme from the Duck Tales video game and knew some good dirty jokes so I joined the church. I soon found it to be an overly friendly place where the young crowd liked to join hands and pray for some random village in Uganda. Some may find this to be charming, I found it to be creepy. I left the church and am once again a practicing Catholic. I attend Wednesday mass, give $5 to the collection plate, sing in the choir and call it a day. Not exactly a "closer walk with thee" but I am content.

I do not own any "real" gun. I do not like them because they can smell bad and the recoil is viscous. I do own many airsoft guns and a wide away of Super Soakers. These guns can be just as viscous as any "real" gun.  

I do not know. As I mentioned I do not stereotype and that includes myself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies