Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2014, 10:26:23 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: True Federalist, Former Moderate, Badger)
| | |-+  Paulites take over another state party
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Paulites take over another state party  (Read 1440 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2012, 04:22:46 pm »
Ignore

Alaska - http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/ron-paul-supporters-team-joe-miller-take-over-alaska-republican-party
politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 04:52:53 pm »
Ignore

You gotta admire their tenacity.

Every time I see Denmark I just want to punch it in the face...
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 06:45:40 pm »
Ignore

So that makes it Iowa, Nevada and Alaska so far then?

Also from the numbers I'm getting from organizers around Texas there is a good chance we'll take over here too come the state convention, based on the results of the county conventions.

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 07:05:11 pm »
Ignore

Good news Smiley

America's like that hot chick everyone wants, and illegal immigrants are all the nerds that she should say "no" to.
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 07:15:39 pm »
Ignore

Michigan next? (crosses fingers) Not likely, but we're working on it.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 07:16:54 pm »
Ignore

Also, I've heard that they've taken Minnesota as well.

Passing Through a Screen Door
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 07:31:35 pm »
Ignore

Also, I've heard that they've taken Minnesota as well.

We haven't had our state convention yet. However Paul did largely sweep the CD conventions, he won every delegate in all except MN-01 (where he won 2 delegates with one "uncommitted"), MN-07 (the only district where he didn't win a majority, it was 1 Paul, 2 Santorum) and MN-08 (same as MN-01, two Paul and one uncommitted).

I don't expect this to make the MN GOP any more tolerable though.

Victory over Inks dedicated in memory.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 07:37:30 pm »
Ignore

Michigan next? (crosses fingers) Not likely, but we're working on it.

Doubtful.

And what are these people going to do once they realize Paul isn't going to be the nominee?
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.55, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 07:42:58 pm »
Ignore

Good news Smiley

and all is well until the heart betrays
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 01:42:26 am »
Ignore

AT&T likes to throw money around.
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 03:15:58 am »
Ignore

And the end game here is... ?

What are you talking about Duke?  Things are great so far.   I do have to cling to God no matter what.  I have nothing against this at all,  but in my class there are 9 blacks and 4 whites.  African Americans are quite prevalent in that part of Tulsa.  I don't mind it at all,  but it is an interesting fact in white Oklahoma.
Ebowed
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -8.32, S: -9.30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 04:19:00 am »
Ignore

To restore the application of the Constitution as intended by the Founding Fathers, of course.

...anyone who says our society must force people to expose themselves to those of the opposite sexual orientation, is not decent.

So you mean if we force the gay to be exposed to the straight, we are treating the gay indecently?  Because you didn't specify which direction the hate was supposed to go there, Black Beans.
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 07:26:36 am »
Ignore

A fundamental ideological shift of the nationwide Republican Party apparatus from the inside. Or, if everything else fails, to enjoy themselves trolling the GOP by blatantly abusing parliamentary procedure for [Inks] and giggles.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Bacon King: 1.  You're cute, in a weird Tom Wopat kind of way.
Iron King SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 07:36:28 am »
Ignore

I typically vote Dem but I'll take a Paulbot over a generic Republican (and many-some Democrats) any day of the week.

Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 08:03:36 am »
Ignore

They staged a coup in the Mass. RNC delegation caucuses and elected their own to more than half the spots, edging out Romney's own LG and Charlie Baker.
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 08:19:51 am »
Ignore

Indeed.... I don't see how anybody on the left can not see this as a good thing.

Quote from:   Martha Gellhorn for The Atlantic 1961
The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
Carlos Danger
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 09:46:30 am »
Ignore

They staged a coup in the Mass. RNC delegation caucuses and elected their own to more than half the spots, edging out Romney's own LG and Charlie Baker.

I was planning on going to my caucus for that but I didn't really feel like going out to North Attleboro - I guess I'll have to ask Dallasfan if they needed my one vote for anything...

Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 06:55:24 pm »
Ignore

The remind me of Somalian pirates taking over anything that passes by then again a Paulite world is basically Somalia.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
YaBB God
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 06:56:58 pm »
Ignore

The remind me of Somalian pirates taking over anything that passes by then again a Paulite world is basically Somalia.
Have you ever even researched Paul's stances on well, anything?

The general's hand slipped, and pressed the launch all missiles button by accident.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 07:28:35 pm »
Ignore

I have. Also, I just made a joke, don't need to assume I'm a clueless Dem drone.
I just know that Somalia's pretty much the perfect example of what life would be like if the private sector ran everything. The country is actually a paradise to live in if you can afford your own security, food and export your kids out to Europe and America to get and education.
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 06:29:01 am »
Ignore

I have. Also, I just made a joke, don't need to assume I'm a clueless Dem drone.
I just know that Somalia's pretty much the perfect example of what life would be like if the private sector ran everything. The country is actually a paradise to live in if you can afford your own security, food and export your kids out to Europe and America to get and education.
I love how nearfly every lefty has this thought and thinks they are the first to come up with it.  Anarchy and Ron Paul's version of (and most flavors of) libertarianism are the same thing.  Somalia is NOT a libertarian paradise no matter how much you may want it to be.

The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 10:05:19 am »
Ignore

Just what are the "spoils" when one "takes over" as state party?  They seem about as genuine a lucre as Napoleon occupying Moscow. You try to cash in the spoils for a Starbucks coffee, and the kid behind the counter with an earring in one of his ears, and a piece of metal inserted on the middle of his tongue (gosh it would be great to be young again), will be puzzled as to just why you think that a fair exchange.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 01:06:48 pm »
Ignore

I love how nearfly every lefty has this thought and thinks they are the first to come up with it.  Anarchy and Ron Paul's version of (and most flavors of) libertarianism are the same thing.  Somalia is NOT a libertarian paradise no matter how much you may want it to be.

Is there any country that functions on a libertarian mindset?!
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 03:55:12 pm »
Ignore

Nope, never has been....maybe MAYBE very early on the US sort of was, but not really.  What with slavery and all.

Korwinist
ModernBourbon Democrat
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 10:19:51 am »
Ignore

Is there any country that functions on a libertarian mindset?!

Debatably Hong Kong.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout