Paulites take over another state party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:35:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Paulites take over another state party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Paulites take over another state party  (Read 3017 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 10:39:48 AM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 10:50:45 AM »

Where the government owns all the land save one Anglican Church property.  Tongue
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 11:38:19 AM »

Jon Ralston reports that Paulists took 22 of the 25 delegate slots in Nevada.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 12:56:20 PM »

You try to cash in the spoils for a Starbucks coffee, and the kid behind the counter with an earring in one of his ears, and a piece of metal inserted on the middle of his tongue (gosh it would be great to be young again), will be puzzled as to just why you think that a fair exchange.

Perhaps we can just switch ages?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 12:58:21 PM »

I have. Also, I just made a joke, don't need to assume I'm a clueless Dem drone.
I just know that Somalia's pretty much the perfect example of what life would be like if the private sector ran everything. The country is actually a paradise to live in if you can afford your own security, food and export your kids out to Europe and America to get and education.
I love how nearfly every lefty has this thought and thinks they are the first to come up with it.  Anarchy and Ron Paul's version of (and most flavors of) libertarianism are the same thing.  Somalia is NOT a libertarian paradise no matter how much you may want it to be.

Is there any country that functions on a libertarian mindset?!

Debatably Hong Kong.
Singapore, economically. But.....not in any other way.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 01:00:41 PM »

I have. Also, I just made a joke, don't need to assume I'm a clueless Dem drone.
I just know that Somalia's pretty much the perfect example of what life would be like if the private sector ran everything. The country is actually a paradise to live in if you can afford your own security, food and export your kids out to Europe and America to get and education.
I love how nearfly every lefty has this thought and thinks they are the first to come up with it.  Anarchy and Ron Paul's version of (and most flavors of) libertarianism are the same thing.  Somalia is NOT a libertarian paradise no matter how much you may want it to be.

Debatably Hong Kong.

Singapore is more New Keynesian/neoliberal.  Hong Kong is probably the closest to Austrian economics given their semi-private currency.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 01:29:53 PM »

Debatably Hong Kong.

What? Both are semi-authoritarian communitarian states.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2012, 01:47:01 PM »

Debatably Hong Kong.

What? Both are semi-authoritarian communitarian states.
Singapore is close to 1984 in many, many ways. I never said it was perfect.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2012, 02:07:40 PM »

Hence "Debatably"

Also, land prices/rent/etc is probably the worst part of Hong Kong's economy, so there's that.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2012, 02:23:01 PM »

Hong Kong University also owns a property, but that's it.
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2012, 03:37:22 AM »

Won't Romney be able to easily get a majority of delegates while ignoring Paul considering that Gingrich and Santorum have now dropped out?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2012, 06:52:46 AM »

Won't Romney be able to easily get a majority of delegates while ignoring Paul considering that Gingrich and Santorum have now dropped out?

But they haven't "dropped out", their campaigns have been suspended, meaning they keep the delegates.
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2012, 01:39:04 PM »

But they haven't "dropped out", their campaigns have been suspended, meaning they keep the delegates.

Yeah but I'm thinking about the future primaries and their delegates. Romney can get a majority from the upcoming primaries because he'll win by such a large margin considering it's going to be just him vs Paul right?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies