Would you watch a movie with a script written by Tweed? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:13:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you watch a movie with a script written by Tweed? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you watch a movie with a script written by Tweed?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Would you watch a movie with a script written by Tweed?  (Read 2235 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: April 30, 2012, 01:05:45 AM »
« edited: April 30, 2012, 01:07:48 AM by Nathan »

I don't envision either of their talents translating well to directing, and opebo's style is far more literary/journalistic than cinematic.

Obviously opebo writes the book and then Tweed writes the script for the movie adaptation, which takes some liberties with the source material but still stands on its own as a fine piece of work.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 01:20:36 AM »

I don't envision either of their talents translating well to directing, and opebo's style is far more literary/journalistic than cinematic.

Obviously opebo writes the book and then Tweed writes the script for the movie adaptation, which takes some liberties with the source material but still stands on its own as a fine piece of work.

Yes, that probably would be best. Still makes me wonder who'd be best here to direct it.

I have a feeling though you wouldn't be too fond of my idea that Tweed would make an awesome preacher if he was a Christian, though I would love the novelty value of someone in a "high church" doing an emo rant reinterpreting some verses. Maybe even moreso than seeing that guy who basically was trying to imitate the delivery style of Jon Stewart who was here a few months ago at such a place.

I'm not actually opposed to certain types of charismatic styles during sermons at all. It's the lack of any real set structure of prayers and hymns that bothers me. Tweed would be an immensely interesting preacher, if constantly toeing any number of lines. Wink
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 12:37:32 PM »

I think opebo's actual reasoning for self-imposed exile is more creative and funnier, to be perfectly honest.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies