Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 15, 2014, 07:54:04 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  History (Moderator: True Federalist)
| | |-+  Most hilarious invasion ever?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Most hilarious invasion ever?  (Read 1153 times)
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2012, 02:31:11 am »
Ignore

The British invasion of Iceland. We have gems such as

The expedition was organized hastily and haphazardly.[11] Much of the operational planning was conducted en route. The force was supplied with few maps, most of poor quality, with one of them having been drawn from memory. No one in the expedition was fully fluent in the Icelandic language.[12]

And then they lost the element of surprise by flying an airplane over the capital city. They made a ton of wrong assumptions about the situation in Iceland. Good thing that no one bothered to actually fight, and it was entirely bloodless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Iceland
politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 02:38:49 am »
Ignore

Grenada. Massive overkill.

Every time I see Denmark I just want to punch it in the face...
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 07:52:22 am »
Ignore

North Korea tried to tunnel under the DMZ into the South; the South/UN forces found the tunnel and the large "Down With American Imperialists" banner in it, so the North claimed it was a coal mine. With a banner. And no coal. In a level of bedrock with no coal in it. So North Korea sent people into the tunnel to paint the walls black so that it looked sort of like they were tunneling through coal (even though North Korea, a nation that produces coal, could have just planted actual coal). Funniest invasion ever.

Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 07:36:09 pm »
Ignore

The expedition was organized hastily and haphazardly.[11] Much of the operational planning was conducted en route. The force was supplied with few maps, most of poor quality, with one of them having been drawn from memory. No one in the expedition was fully fluent in the Icelandic language.[12]

And then they lost the element of surprise by flying an airplane over the capital city. They made a ton of wrong assumptions about the situation in Iceland. Good thing that no one bothered to actually fight, and it was entirely bloodless.

Yup. Invading a neutral country, then handing it over to another neutral country (the US before Pearl Harbor). The Astandid that resulted because of the invasion was pretty funny too.

I apologize for being so adamantly right.
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 02:26:44 pm »
Ignore

Yup. Invading a neutral country, then handing it over to another neutral country (the US before Pearl Harbor). The Astandid that resulted because of the invasion was pretty funny too.
?

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 06:26:34 pm »
Ignore

The psychotic white nationalist founder of Stormfront and nine other guys trying to take over Dominica but failing hilariously.
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

P

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 04:41:21 pm »
Ignore

I think the Bayou of Pigs was hysterical. It would be even funnier if Black and his men were immediately captured on the beach when they landed without a shot being fired.

I put forth the failed plot to invade Equatorial Guinea.

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
Princess Kenny
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 07:06:55 pm »
Ignore

The psychotic white nationalist founder of Stormfront and nine other guys trying to take over Dominica but failing hilariously.
'

And his name is Black. Hillarious.

Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 04:44:10 pm »
Ignore

?

The Astandid: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81standi%C3%B0

I apologize for being so adamantly right.
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 10:30:27 am »
Ignore

Grenada. Massive overkill.

Too soon. As Alan Alda said, "Comedy is tragedy plus time".

A.G. Snowstalker
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 03:46:50 pm »
Ignore

Denmark. 1940. Six hours.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »