Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 12:36:17 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Congressional Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Iowa GOP voter registration surpasses Democrats
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Iowa GOP voter registration surpasses Democrats  (Read 1005 times)
krazen1211
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2012, 12:34:14 pm »
Ignore

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120402/NEWS09/120402032/1007/NEWS05

There are currently about 9,800 more active registered Republicans in Iowa’s 3rd Congressional District, where two incumbents, Democratic U.S. Rep. Leonard Boswell and Republican U.S. Rep. Tom Latham, are battling it out in a tight race.

And Republicans have a deep advantage – more than 46,000 active voters – in the 4th Congressional District, where newcomer Christie Vilsack, a Democrat, is trying to unseat Republican U.S. Rep. Steve King.

The GOP of course held a minor registration advantage back in 2004 when President George W. Bush was able to win the state. Latham and King of course will have a relatively easy time winning 2 of 4 of Iowa's congressional districts.
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 12:41:15 pm »
Ignore

I wonder how many of these Republicans are Paultards that only registered GOP for the caucus?

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.

freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 01:11:52 pm »
Ignore

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120402/NEWS09/120402032/1007/NEWS05

There are currently about 9,800 more active registered Republicans in Iowa’s 3rd Congressional District, where two incumbents, Democratic U.S. Rep. Leonard Boswell and Republican U.S. Rep. Tom Latham, are battling it out in a tight race.

And Republicans have a deep advantage – more than 46,000 active voters – in the 4th Congressional District, where newcomer Christie Vilsack, a Democrat, is trying to unseat Republican U.S. Rep. Steve King.

The GOP of course held a minor registration advantage back in 2004 when President George W. Bush was able to win the state. Latham and King of course will have a relatively easy time winning 2 of 4 of Iowa's congressional districts.

cool.

-1.38, -1.38
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 01:28:03 pm »
Ignore

Well, it looks like Republicans have reversed a 3000 voter deficit last month into a 4000 voter edge in the past month. That's pretty impressive, and wasn't due to the caucus. Hopefully these efforts continue nationwide. Smiley

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 4.52

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 02:23:55 pm »
Ignore

When I watch this video, I think of krazen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 02:37:32 pm »
Ignore

hoyl crapp!  saef red staet u guis!!!!!!!!

we gon kil gays n abortions 4eva now woo!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:39:55 pm by Senator Scott »Logged
krazen1211
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 03:17:51 pm »
Ignore

I wonder how many of these Republicans are Paultards that only registered GOP for the caucus?

Well, there would have been paultards present in 2008 as well when Iowa Democrats were taking a massive lead in voter registration.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 03:32:50 pm »
Ignore

is krazen a sociopath?

-1.38, -1.38
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 03:39:23 pm »
Ignore

Why are all of the krazen insults necessary on every thread he makes? Seriously guys, grow up.

There's nothing wrong with the post Krazen made. It shows some evidence that Iowa may be a pretty close state in 2012, not safely in the Obama column.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 04:04:06 pm »
Ignore

Just to be clear, the Republicans actually lost 15,000 voters from last month to this month. The Democrats just lost more in the "clean up" due to the fact that more transient demographics tend to register as Democrats.

How exactly the Republican Secretary of State decided to "clean up" the voter rolls is a topic for another thread...
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 05:20:10 pm »
Ignore

Why are all of the krazen insults necessary on every thread he makes? Seriously guys, grow up.

Have you seem some of Krazen's posts on voter registration threads? He basically talks openly and gleefully about the idea of rigging elections.

freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 05:20:45 pm »
Ignore

There's nothing wrong with the post Krazen made. It shows some evidence that Iowa may be a pretty close state in 2012, not safely in the Obama column.

although I have different political views than him, I get along with pretty much every other republican on here such as yourself, Torie, Keystone etc. Krazen is really someone who, while he may be right on things, is one of the rudest posters on here. He reminds me of the people I grew up with in grade school who turned me into a democrat.

-1.38, -1.38
Joe Republic
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 05:28:30 pm »

Indeed, krazen is one of those types of party hacks who shows up to post whatever snippet of even remotely good news for his side he can find.  But whenever there's bad news, or his information is refuted, he is suddenly nowhere to be found.

On the occasions when he shares his views on actual political issues, instead of just vacant GOP cheerleading, they're invariably far more horrific than even the usual modern conservative viewpoint.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:42:01 pm by Joe Republic »Logged

Real Americans (and Big Sky Bob) demand to know.

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today, but we'll see.
krazen1211
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 05:42:18 pm »
Ignore

Just to be clear, the Republicans actually lost 15,000 voters from last month to this month. The Democrats just lost more in the "clean up" due to the fact that more transient demographics tend to register as Democrats.

How exactly the Republican Secretary of State decided to "clean up" the voter rolls is a topic for another thread...

For the record, Marokai is one of those fringe out of the mainstream people who does not support photo voter identification at the voting booth.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:45:30 pm by Joe Republic »Logged
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 06:17:32 pm »
Ignore

Indeed, krazey is one of those particularly soulless party hacks who shows up to post whatever snippet of even remotely good news for his side he can find.  But whenever there's bad news, or his information is refuted, he is suddenly nowhere to be found.

On the occasions when he shares his views on actual political issues, instead of just vacant GOP cheerleading, they're invariably far more horrific than even the usual modern conservative viewpoint.

This pretty much sums his posts up 100%.
krazen1211
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 08:30:47 pm »
Ignore

although I have different political views than him, I get along with pretty much every other republican on here such as yourself, Torie, Keystone etc. Krazen is really someone who, while he may be right on things, is one of the rudest posters on here. He reminds me of the people I grew up with in grade school who turned me into a democrat.

A juvenile who calls people names accuses others of being rude. I'll laugh at that one for a while.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 08:42:52 pm »
Ignore

A juvenile who calls people names accuses others of being rude. I'll laugh at that one for a while.

i'm 28

-1.38, -1.38
Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 09:03:37 am »
Ignore

Indeed, krazen is one of those types of party hacks who shows up to post whatever snippet of even remotely good news for his side he can find.  But whenever there's bad news, or his information is refuted, he is suddenly nowhere to be found.

This.

I was kind of surprised--pleasantly so--that he has not been on the Zimmerman threads.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout