Iowa GOP voter registration surpasses Democrats
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:35:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Iowa GOP voter registration surpasses Democrats
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Iowa GOP voter registration surpasses Democrats  (Read 1523 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 30, 2012, 12:34:14 PM »

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120402/NEWS09/120402032/1007/NEWS05

There are currently about 9,800 more active registered Republicans in Iowa’s 3rd Congressional District, where two incumbents, Democratic U.S. Rep. Leonard Boswell and Republican U.S. Rep. Tom Latham, are battling it out in a tight race.

And Republicans have a deep advantage – more than 46,000 active voters – in the 4th Congressional District, where newcomer Christie Vilsack, a Democrat, is trying to unseat Republican U.S. Rep. Steve King.

The GOP of course held a minor registration advantage back in 2004 when President George W. Bush was able to win the state. Latham and King of course will have a relatively easy time winning 2 of 4 of Iowa's congressional districts.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 12:41:15 PM »

I wonder how many of these Republicans are Paultards that only registered GOP for the caucus?
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 01:11:52 PM »

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120402/NEWS09/120402032/1007/NEWS05

There are currently about 9,800 more active registered Republicans in Iowa’s 3rd Congressional District, where two incumbents, Democratic U.S. Rep. Leonard Boswell and Republican U.S. Rep. Tom Latham, are battling it out in a tight race.

And Republicans have a deep advantage – more than 46,000 active voters – in the 4th Congressional District, where newcomer Christie Vilsack, a Democrat, is trying to unseat Republican U.S. Rep. Steve King.

The GOP of course held a minor registration advantage back in 2004 when President George W. Bush was able to win the state. Latham and King of course will have a relatively easy time winning 2 of 4 of Iowa's congressional districts.

cool.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 01:28:03 PM »

Well, it looks like Republicans have reversed a 3000 voter deficit last month into a 4000 voter edge in the past month. That's pretty impressive, and wasn't due to the caucus. Hopefully these efforts continue nationwide. Smiley
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 02:23:55 PM »

When I watch this video, I think of krazen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 02:37:32 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2012, 02:39:55 PM by Senator Scott »

hoyl crapp!  saef red staet u guis!!!!!!!!

we gon kil gays n abortions 4eva now woo!
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 03:17:51 PM »

I wonder how many of these Republicans are Paultards that only registered GOP for the caucus?

Well, there would have been paultards present in 2008 as well when Iowa Democrats were taking a massive lead in voter registration.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 03:32:50 PM »

is krazen a sociopath?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 03:39:23 PM »

Why are all of the krazen insults necessary on every thread he makes? Seriously guys, grow up.

There's nothing wrong with the post Krazen made. It shows some evidence that Iowa may be a pretty close state in 2012, not safely in the Obama column.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 04:04:06 PM »

Just to be clear, the Republicans actually lost 15,000 voters from last month to this month. The Democrats just lost more in the "clean up" due to the fact that more transient demographics tend to register as Democrats.

How exactly the Republican Secretary of State decided to "clean up" the voter rolls is a topic for another thread...
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 05:20:10 PM »

Why are all of the krazen insults necessary on every thread he makes? Seriously guys, grow up.

Have you seem some of Krazen's posts on voter registration threads? He basically talks openly and gleefully about the idea of rigging elections.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 05:20:45 PM »

There's nothing wrong with the post Krazen made. It shows some evidence that Iowa may be a pretty close state in 2012, not safely in the Obama column.

although I have different political views than him, I get along with pretty much every other republican on here such as yourself, Torie, Keystone etc. Krazen is really someone who, while he may be right on things, is one of the rudest posters on here. He reminds me of the people I grew up with in grade school who turned me into a democrat.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 05:28:30 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2012, 10:42:01 PM by Joe Republic »

Indeed, krazen is one of those types of party hacks who shows up to post whatever snippet of even remotely good news for his side he can find.  But whenever there's bad news, or his information is refuted, he is suddenly nowhere to be found.

On the occasions when he shares his views on actual political issues, instead of just vacant GOP cheerleading, they're invariably far more horrific than even the usual modern conservative viewpoint.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 05:42:18 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2012, 05:45:30 PM by Joe Republic »

Just to be clear, the Republicans actually lost 15,000 voters from last month to this month. The Democrats just lost more in the "clean up" due to the fact that more transient demographics tend to register as Democrats.

How exactly the Republican Secretary of State decided to "clean up" the voter rolls is a topic for another thread...

For the record, Marokai is one of those fringe out of the mainstream people who does not support photo voter identification at the voting booth.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 06:17:32 PM »

Indeed, krazey is one of those particularly soulless party hacks who shows up to post whatever snippet of even remotely good news for his side he can find.  But whenever there's bad news, or his information is refuted, he is suddenly nowhere to be found.

On the occasions when he shares his views on actual political issues, instead of just vacant GOP cheerleading, they're invariably far more horrific than even the usual modern conservative viewpoint.

This pretty much sums his posts up 100%.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 08:30:47 PM »

although I have different political views than him, I get along with pretty much every other republican on here such as yourself, Torie, Keystone etc. Krazen is really someone who, while he may be right on things, is one of the rudest posters on here. He reminds me of the people I grew up with in grade school who turned me into a democrat.

A juvenile who calls people names accuses others of being rude. I'll laugh at that one for a while.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »

A juvenile who calls people names accuses others of being rude. I'll laugh at that one for a while.

i'm 28
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 09:03:37 AM »

Indeed, krazen is one of those types of party hacks who shows up to post whatever snippet of even remotely good news for his side he can find.  But whenever there's bad news, or his information is refuted, he is suddenly nowhere to be found.

This.

I was kind of surprised--pleasantly so--that he has not been on the Zimmerman threads.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies