Death Penalty Question (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:02:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Death Penalty Question (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What punishment do you think a convict found guilty of murder, rape, and pedophilia should get?
Republican: Death Penalty

Republican: Life in Prison w/out Parole

Democrat: Death Penalty

Democrat: Life in Prison w/out Parole

independent/third party: Death Penalty

independent/third party: Life in Prison w/out Parole

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 116

Author Topic: Death Penalty Question  (Read 17813 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: May 08, 2012, 09:51:24 AM »

DEATH.  Indy
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 12:28:34 PM »

And I'm an atheist if that's relevant

Neh, most here are.  I'm a Christian who favors the death penalty.....but I don't get this required connection between the death penalty and abortion stuff.

Oh and welcome.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 01:46:19 PM »

The thinking behind it Gramps: Life itself has its value, near unlimited value actually. Putting a condition on that, e.g. not being a murderer, changes the whole concept.

I see them as distinct issues, but ok.  Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 12:10:41 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2012, 12:20:27 PM by Grumps »

Is the death penaly really a major partisan issue?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 01:05:53 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2012, 01:07:55 PM by Is it over yet? »

opposing the death penalty is dume how you can oppose killing our enemies if you oppose your nothing but a hippy daisy picker we need to expand death penalty you kill once you get the death penalty.

I oppose killing my or anybody else's enemies among other reasons because I'm a Christian. If you support you're nothing but a bloodthirsty atheist*.

*Mods, I'm aware that this sentence doesn't make any sense. I'm engaging in a dialectic, here...

Wow you people make me sick you want to keep murders alive that evil your a pagan for that & that wrong we should kill all criminals and murders if you commit a crime you should get the penalty we need to expand it for example if you do arm robbery i say death penalty is needed.

Your grammar and punctuation have clearly been put to death by lethal injection.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 10:16:18 AM »

The Connecticut school shooting can make you question the death penalty but even after it I still have to say no to the death penalty. Of course lucky for us most of the time they kill themselves. Of course I generally keep this opinion to myself since most people I know and in general would be outraged if I said we should not kill the Connecticut school shooter had he lived. I wonder if he had lived if Connecticut would have brought back the death penalty for heinous crimes. I like that Michigan hasn't had the death penalty since 1846, we were way ahead of everyone.

The thing is: People who call themselves opposed to the death penalty and then make exceptions for "extreme" cases aren't in reality opposed to the death penalty.

And I personally welcome them to the "correct" side of the question.  Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 10:49:58 AM »
« Edited: December 18, 2012, 10:54:11 AM by Grumpy Santa »

The Connecticut school shooting can make you question the death penalty but even after it I still have to say no to the death penalty. Of course lucky for us most of the time they kill themselves. Of course I generally keep this opinion to myself since most people I know and in general would be outraged if I said we should not kill the Connecticut school shooter had he lived. I wonder if he had lived if Connecticut would have brought back the death penalty for heinous crimes. I like that Michigan hasn't had the death penalty since 1846, we were way ahead of everyone.

The thing is: People who call themselves opposed to the death penalty and then make exceptions for "extreme" cases aren't in reality opposed to the death penalty.

And I personally welcome them to the "correct" side of the question.  Tongue

The barbaric, blood thirsty, reactionary side of the question? Smiley

The death penalty ain't supposed to be soft and warm and fuzzy treatment, Franzl.  
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 11:04:03 AM »

Well I think we've agreed to disagree on this issue long ago....  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies