Death Penalty Question (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:40:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Death Penalty Question (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What punishment do you think a convict found guilty of murder, rape, and pedophilia should get?
Republican: Death Penalty

Republican: Life in Prison w/out Parole

Democrat: Death Penalty

Democrat: Life in Prison w/out Parole

independent/third party: Death Penalty

independent/third party: Life in Prison w/out Parole

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 116

Author Topic: Death Penalty Question  (Read 17871 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: September 23, 2012, 05:46:59 PM »

We haven't had a poll on this subject in quite a while, though I am well aware we already have a thread on the topic...  

I hadn't noticed this topic yet.  I voted with the Republicans, for although I am currently an unaffiliated voter, I was a registered Republican when the poll was made.  

How did I vote?  Well, to be honest, I grudgingly voted for life without parole, but grudgingly is the keyword.  You only offered two options:  death or life.  I don't support capital punishment under any circumstances, so I didn't vote for that one.  Of course, my opposition for capital punishment doesn't mean, "hey, let's spend hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars to put someone in a situation in which they'll not only be brutalized daily but also get chances to murder and brutalize others on a daily basis, and, as an added benefit, they'll all be treated in such a way that if any of them do ever get to see the outside again, they'll come out so emotionally and physically scarred yet intellectually wise, that they'll be even more efficient and ruthless criminals than they were when we incarcerated them."  

Nevertheless, your poll was at least honest, in the sense that those are pretty much the only two choices juries have, most of the time.  Given those choices, I'll go for life in prison.  So count me for R-Life in prison w/o parole.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies