Campaign Speech from Albany
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:59:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Campaign Speech from Albany
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Campaign Speech from Albany  (Read 413 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 15, 2005, 11:14:57 AM »

Good morning my fellow Atlasians and hello Albany. It is great to be here in Upstate New York on this cold January day. But while its cold up here the heat is on in this race for the Senate.

As I have said before Atlasia needs to move away from the Old Guard. We need new people with new ideas in power. It is time for the next generation of Atlasians to take power.

You may say, "Well this is great but what does he want to do in the Senate?" Here's what I am going to do. I am going to help the Senate to achieve a balanced budget. I am actually going to work on a budget that a majority of Senators would except instead of putting that responsibility on the President.

I will pledge to the people of District One that I will work my hardest to achieve a balanced budget and fiscal responsibility in the Senate. But what we must also see is that we cannot cut taxes until we have a smaller government, one that needs less money too survive. That is the way to longer term tax reductions and that is the way to put money in your pocket.

While I would like to see a reduced government I don't want to see those Atlasians currently dependent on Welfare to go hungry or not have a roof over their heads. That is why I would propose federal money being given to major charity organizations.

It has been shown that charities are often better at helping the poor than welfare and while we should not cut welfare or reduce it by leaps and bounds I believe that we should put more of the burden on Charities.

I will also try and pass a marijuana legalization bill or a bill stating that it would now be legal for regions to legalize marijuana. I believe that a bill like this can be passed in a new Senate with a new President.

I would also not tamper in any way with gay marriage. While I believe in Civil Unions more than gay marriage I will not try to take away this freedom that the homosexual community has won. Nor will I try to change the current status of abortion while in the Senate although I would like to encourage all regions to pass a law banning partial birth abortion in your Regions.

I will also protect the Gun Rights of every Atlasia. I feel that it is necessary that good and sane conceal carry laws are implemented so that the average Atlasian can better defend himself from attackers.

Finally, support somebody different. Atlasia would not be intresting if we elected the same 15 or so people again and again. I hope that you see that it is time for some newer members to be added to the great Atlasian institution that is the Senate and see that we can do better than those before us.

Who will strive for a balanced budget, the creation of a surplus, a smaller government, and most importantly a budget that the Senate can agree with? That man is myself, ColinW.

So when you go to the election booths in February elect a man from the New Generation of Atlasians. Vote for ColinW for Senate and I will do my best to represent all the people of District One.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 11:26:51 AM »

Colin,

I have a couple of questions:

What is your positon on the death penalty?

Specifically, do you feel it is acceptable to execute juvenile criminals and also, do you feel it is acceptable to execute criminals for crimes other than murder?

You say you will scale back the federal government, does this extend to the federal funding of education? Would you reduce federal education funding?

Do you support the No Child Left Behind Act?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 11:35:02 AM »

Colin,

I have a couple of questions:

What is your positon on the death penalty?

Specifically, do you feel it is acceptable to execute juvenile criminals and also, do you feel it is acceptable to execute criminals for crimes other than murder?

You say you will scale back the federal government, does this extend to the federal funding of education? Would you reduce federal education funding?

Do you support the No Child Left Behind Act?

1.) Death penalty. My stance on the death penalty is that it should be used for Treason, War Crimes, Serial Murder, and Murder in the First Degree. I also think that if a pregnant women is killed the death penalty should be consider, like in the Lacy Peterson case.

2.) I do not believe in the execution of Juveniles. I believe that they should be put in Jail for life rather than death do to their younger age when commiting the crime. It is only acceptable to execute people, for crimes other than murder, in cases of Treason and War Crimes.

3.) I do not want to reduce Federal Spending for education. I believe that if we reduced education spending now schools would be even worse off than they are.

4.) No Child Left Behind. I support some aspects of it, like teacher accountability and comprehensive testing, but I do not like how it seems to just be throwing money at the problem of bad schools. First off a think that instead of throwing money at the problem and them see it only get worse we should use vouchers so that poorer children can go to better schools. This could be a temperary fix while we work to rectify the problems currently found in Atlasian Public Schools.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies