Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 12:57:00 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Chris Christie's Islam Problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Chris Christie's Islam Problem  (Read 1412 times)
President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2012, 08:36:42 am »
Ignore

http://www.nationalreview.com/blogs/print/297322

This is an example of what I have been discussing- the base will not love him when these issues are examined...either this year or in 2016

I'll reserve my opinion for a bit later...wanted to get this discussion going

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 08:40:08 am »
Ignore

He's a Northeastern moderate on non-fiscal issues- especially immigration and gun control. Forget judicial appointments.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - Charles de Gaulle

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
YaBB God
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 08:46:58 am »
Ignore

Chris Christie needs to move to the right on other issues like immigration, race and gun control before I'd consider backing him.

The general's hand slipped, and pressed the launch all missiles button by accident.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:30:03 am »
Ignore

Chris Christie needs to move to the right on other issues like immigration, race and gun control before I'd consider backing him.

hahahahaha....dear.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
YaBB God
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 09:36:11 am »
Ignore

hahahahaha....dear.
What's so amusing about the fact that affirmative action and other attempts to modify economic outcomes in favor of whatever protected group is trendy this election cycle are bad things?

Chris Christie could make alot of headway by bringing up valid issues like this. The media would try crucifying him, but he'd win support from the silent majority. Of course, trying such a tactic requires a Republican leadership that doesn't want to be democrat-lite in practice so it's not overly likely. Sad

The general's hand slipped, and pressed the launch all missiles button by accident.
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 09:57:37 am »
Ignore

That article reads as hilariously paranoid as you think it does. Good job, knee-jerk conservative nutballs.

Mr Moderate at 54/10 is a total joke, he is a horror.

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 10:55:43 am »
Ignore

That article reads as hilariously paranoid as you think it does. Good job, knee-jerk conservative nutballs.

yeah I read it and was surprised that people actually think like that.  though on some level I knew already.

in a mirror, dimly lit
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 12:31:06 pm »
Ignore

"This makes him unusual, for a pro-Israel stance typically goes hand-in-hand with concern about Shari’a. How does one reconcile the Christie contradiction?"

Lol.

I guess Orthodox Jews don't have any archaic views that go against American either.

old timey villain
cope1989
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 01:12:36 pm »
Ignore

Oh boy, after years of trying to convince people that Al Qaeda and the 9/11 hijackers don't represent the Muslim faith, I've become convinced that in our country it is totally acceptable to openly discriminate against Muslims here and around the world. There are people who are convinced that all 1.5 billion Muslims are America haters, terrorists and extremists, and so many politicians fan the flames. Good for Christie for showing at least a bit of compassion and understanding towards people that often get the shaft here.

Can't we all just get along?
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 01:21:44 pm »
Ignore

Jesus Christ really!? Islamic problem!? I swear the Republicans are doing every thing in their power to stay the xenophobic party of yesterday. As a person with Muslim blood in me (even though I'm Christian, same situation as Obama) as well as many Muslim friends are absolutely disgusted by the rhetoric of the right. What the hell happened to the Republicans?! Where are the fiscal moderates and social libertarians!?
If Christie happens to see a individual as fit for a job whether he's Muslim or not shouldn't be a matter. Shame on you all for thinking he has an Islamic problem, he has many issues but an "Islamic" problem is not one of them.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 01:40:29 pm »
Ignore

I only see the third one as a problem, and I wholeheartedly back what he did in the second one.

But yeah, as a bigger issue, Christie is too moderate for the party.  He's probably what we need ideologically to make us more relevant, but the base would hate him once they explore what he actually stands for.
argentarius
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 02:03:59 pm »
Ignore

Chris Christie keeps on sounding better and better to me.
TheGlobalizer
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 02:18:59 pm »
Ignore

King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 03:54:21 pm »
Ignore

Christie is a moderate, but is not a moderate hero. That's the big difference. No matter how nice Huntsman's positions are, he doesn't have the political agressiveness to convince anybody he's correct.  Christie is not that kind of person.

He can win the 2016 nomination because he can set the 2016 GOP agenda to be in line with his views and not the other way around.

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 05:26:29 pm »
Ignore

I'd expect this crap from the Weekly Standard.

A Hybrid of Pat Buchanan and Bob Dylan.
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 04:38:29 am »
Ignore

What a ridiculous article.
Breaking hearts and minds
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 04:53:42 am »
Ignore

I read only till "Time and again he has sided with Islamist forces against those who worry about safeguarding American security and civilization" and stopped there. Did anything important come after that?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:58:58 am by Hollande-inspired avatar change »Logged
morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 05:31:16 am »
Ignore

Idiots.

I definitely think Christie is the Republican's best hope. Him v Cuomo would look very interesting.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 09:42:24 am »
Ignore

This.

The fact that someone took the time to write this article to try and paint Christie as a terrorist sympathizer because he doesn't openly bash the sh*t out of Islam makes me sick to my stomach.

Useless article. /thread

I'm a teenaged male. Everything is wrong with me.
ag
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 11:55:43 am »
Ignore

I guess Orthodox Jews don't have any archaic views that go against American either.

Fortunately for them, nobody (except for the Jews themselves) knows what Halakha is Smiley)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout