Koran burning vs Flag burning (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:15:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Koran burning vs Flag burning (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Koran burning vs Flag burning  (Read 4325 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 01, 2012, 01:21:23 PM »

It amazes me that when a rogue pastor (whose church is about 15 minutes from where I live) announces he will burn Korans- he is universally condemned as a hateful bigot

Meanwhile- there is a debate about flag burning in this country. Most of the same folks who get all pissy pantsed about the Koran being burnt are the first to defend the rights of protesters to burn the flag that drapes the coffins of those killed defending their right to do so... I see no universal condemnation or any major national figure raising a fuss over the Occupy protesters burning our flag

For the record- I don't defend Koran burning. I see it as unnecessary incitement of hatred and puts our service members at risk... but it is free speech assuming it was purchased and is owned by the people burning it

My question is this- if you find burning the Koran wrong- why is burning my flag ok?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:14:11 PM »

Woah you're in North Central FL?! I'm in Gainesville.
Anyways, I can care less what Pastor Terry Jones wanted to burn. There's no law saying he can't burn it but there's consequences that will happen, same thing with flag burning. However, I think he should be free to burn whatever he wants whether it's the flag or The Koran.
I'm in Newberry- are you a student?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies