NEW 2012 FORUM FEATURE: "Who will hypothetical people vote for?" Omnibus Thread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:29:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  NEW 2012 FORUM FEATURE: "Who will hypothetical people vote for?" Omnibus Thread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Poll
Question: ?
Barack Obama

Mitt Romney

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: NEW 2012 FORUM FEATURE: "Who will hypothetical people vote for?" Omnibus Thread!  (Read 15260 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »

In fact, if I was a political candidate, I would be truly embarrassed to have this man's support.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2012, 12:22:12 PM »

Sorry, did I use the word "entirely?" Unlike Barack Obama, Mitt Romney will be a president for all people. Not one who wages a war against the successful just to make it look like he's starting to pay for his reckless expenditures. Nice try.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2012, 12:25:54 PM »

Sorry, did I use the word "entirely?" Unlike Barack Obama, Mitt Romney will be a president for all people. Not one who wages a war against the successful just to make it look like he's starting to pay for his reckless expenditures. Nice try.
You forgot about the women, the poor, and the not-white.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2012, 12:30:20 PM »

How will this 99%er vote?

- Born 1973 in Newport, KY

- Working-class

- Lost a job in 2010

- Pro-Second Amendment

- White male

How would you guess such a person would vote?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2012, 12:33:13 PM »

About a third of them will blame the government for trying to nationalize Medicaid in the name of Allah, but will break 99% will break 54-45 Obama in the end.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2012, 12:34:30 PM »

If you are describing yourself, then the only reasonable choices are Rocky Anderson or whoever the greens nominate.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2012, 12:36:05 PM »

Private equity will vote Romney.  Any rich person who became rich off working the system and are on pins-and-needles about losing their wealth to taxes and losing their income to regulation will go Republican.  Legitimate businessmen and innovative entrepreneurs don't worry about such things.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2012, 12:50:47 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lol! As a former evangelical fundie myself, I can attest that this pretty well shadows countless young females that I've met at church.  The pot-smoking is a bit unlikely, but the abstinence pledge-breaking and dropping out of bible school sounds like pretty typical fare for a 20-something fundie girl nowadays.

I know lots of people like this, and they certainly aren't unlikely to use pot (to put it rather mildly.) I have even been with people who have said grace before passing around weed. But I wouldn't call them "fundies" by any stretch, evangelical and fundie are not the same thing, the support of gay marriage alone would disqualify this.
Me too, Ive even done it myself, cant really see anything wrong with it, weed is after all one of Gods gifts Wink
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2012, 02:37:30 PM »

Austin: 39 years old, works as an engineer for a Silicon Valley-based corporation and makes a six-figure salary. Lives with a wife and three young children in an affluent San Jose suburb. Nominally Methodist, but only goes to church on Easter and Christmas.

Linda: 53 years old, lives in rural Ohio but travels due to her job as a truck driver. Is unionized. Divorced with two grown children. A practicing Catholic, but due to her job only attends church about once or twice a month. Is alcoholic and overweight due to diner food, and is beginning to question her sexuality late in life.

Daniel:
23 years old, currently an unemployed artist who lives with his parents in Morristown, New Jersey. He and his family are devoted evangelicals, and Daniel and some of his friends are putting together a local Christan Rock band. Abused drugs for a period of time, and has become even more faithful after rehab went relatively smoothly.

Karen: 40 years old, lives with her husband and two children in Bridgeport, Connecticut. She is a prosecuting attorney, while her husband is a stockbroker who commutes daily to New York and generally takes home several million dollars per year. Raised Episcopalian and believes in a God, but not currently a member of any church.
cavalcade

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -3.13

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2012, 03:18:42 PM »

Obama, not voting, not voting, Romney.

If Linda and Daniel do vote they'll vote for Romney.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2012, 03:25:37 PM »

The assumption is that they'd all vote, though Daniel especially isn't particularly likely to come out.

I'd say Austin & Linda for Obama, Daniel & Karen for Romney.
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2012, 04:04:48 PM »

Obama

Obama

Write in: Ron Paul

Write in: Ron Paul

Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2012, 04:34:44 PM »

The first three will vote Obama. Joe will vote most likely vote Romney, unless Romney picks a Palin-type VP, in which case he'll vote 3rd party.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2012, 06:34:04 PM »

Karen the 1-percenter is the only Romney backer in this list. The GOP has done something to anger all the other peeps on this list.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2012, 06:37:11 PM »

No Romney followers on this list.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2012, 08:14:30 PM »

Probably will vote to re-elect the incumbent Chief Vitalstatistix despite his disappointment at the recent downturn in the menhir sector.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2012, 08:20:08 PM »

Private equity will vote Romney.  Any rich person who became rich off working the system and are on pins-and-needles about losing their wealth to taxes and losing their income to regulation will go Republican.  Legitimate businessmen and innovative entrepreneurs don't worry about such things.

But the post says he inherited his $740M (which makes me think he must be a really sh**tty PE guy if none of his wealth is self-made from that industry).

East Coast old-money types tend to have a sense of noblesse oblige. Think Nelson Rockefeller, George H. W. Bush (and father Prescott Bush), John and Lincoln Chafee, etc.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2012, 08:23:09 PM »

Steven - Obama
Mike - Romney
Jenny - Third Party
Joe - Romney
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2012, 08:30:50 PM »

No, he's rich enough to afford the more expensive countries.  Thailand tends to be popular with middle to upper-middle class tourists.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2012, 08:44:23 PM »

Karen the 1-percenter is the only Romney backer in this list. The GOP has done something to anger all the other peeps on this list.
Well, you're assuming that if Party X pisses you off, then you won't vote for them no matter what, even if they fit your ideology perfectly. I, for one, highly disagree with Obama onthe whole civil liberties thing, but I'm still supporting him.

First 2 for Obama, second 2 for Romney (assuming they all vote).
rebeltarian
rebel_libertarian

« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2012, 09:30:11 PM »

Obama, maybe Obama, Romney, Obama
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2012, 09:40:18 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lol! As a former evangelical fundie myself, I can attest that this pretty well shadows countless young females that I've met at church.  The pot-smoking is a bit unlikely, but the abstinence pledge-breaking and dropping out of bible school sounds like pretty typical fare for a 20-something fundie girl nowadays.

I know lots of people like this, and they certainly aren't unlikely to use pot (to put it rather mildly.) I have even been with people who have said grace before passing around weed. But I wouldn't call them "fundies" by any stretch, evangelical and fundie are not the same thing, the support of gay marriage alone would disqualify this.
Me too, Ive even done it myself, cant really see anything wrong with it, weed is after all one of Gods gifts Wink

In Denmark? I'm just surprised at people in Denmark saying grace at all.

But yeah theologically I agree with this, it's also backed up by Genesis 1:29 and 1 Timothy 4:4.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2012, 11:10:26 PM »

Would've voted Obama in 08, but liberal old-money types will probably vote Romney this time around....
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2012, 12:24:20 AM »

1. Obama if he votes
-Reason being he's explicitly stated as being from Wisconsin and a public service employee. He likely feels like a lot has been taken away from him and so if he feels motivated to vote (questionable), he'll probably vote Obama as the Democrats seem to be the one's fighting the folks that want to take his benefits away.
2. Obama if he votes
-Despite having it all, he's chronically bored, finding his only joys in music and possibly his girl. He's not motivated to use his money as leverage to make more money, so he's probably not to concerned about tax policy and the like and is obviously not a Randian (or other Paulite) for the same reason. Likely places higher importance on social interactions, and thus might be prone to seeing Republicans as being anti-fun due to their social conservatism. Or alternatively, if you go with the lowest common denominator, Obama probably seems more hip. But, also unlikely to vote unless pressured by friends (who would probably be Obama folks anyway).
3. Romney if she votes
-Probably the trickiest of the three. But I think it comes down to her background and low information status. Romney has stated he's pro-life. Romney's from Massachusetts. They have gay marriage there. Therefore, to her Romney supports gay marriage and is also pro-life, just like her. Its amazing! (Yes folks, I've met people who think like this) In 2008 she probably voted Obama (if she voted) as he came off as more of a family man.
4. Romney, will vote
-Due to his disaffection from the Paulites, he'll be casting about for the next best thing. Even more so if the Paulites make a stink at the RNC (is likely on the verge of deciding they're trouble makers and hurt the cause). Is likely pragmatic enough to realize that neither candidate that has a chance of winning is going to do much to change the drug laws, with only a slight edge to Obama there, so has to default to economic issues, which even so would probably dominate their thinking. And given Obama supports the government doing things, while Romney wants the government doing less things, Romney is the obvious option. And his hard core Randian philosophy precludes giving up without a fight, or a clear path for going Gault.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2012, 02:39:21 AM »

This thread's pretty entertaining.

Steven: Liked Paul but backs Obama in general.
Mike: Romney. I know a couple of Mikes and they just want their lower taxes and windfalls.
Jenny: Romney. I know WAY TOO many Jennys. They flip when I call them out on their hypocrisy and often secretly admit to liking Obama but just by default vote instep with their parents.
Joe: Romney.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies