NEW 2012 FORUM FEATURE: "Who will hypothetical people vote for?" Omnibus Thread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:33:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  NEW 2012 FORUM FEATURE: "Who will hypothetical people vote for?" Omnibus Thread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Barack Obama

Mitt Romney

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: NEW 2012 FORUM FEATURE: "Who will hypothetical people vote for?" Omnibus Thread!  (Read 15582 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: May 01, 2012, 08:38:47 PM »

Depends how susceptible he is to BS... he probably voted for Clinton and Gore, didn't for Kerry or Obama 08... my gut is he probably votes Romney... although if he knew what Romney wants to do... he'd vote Obama, but I think the Romney economic BS and the social issue rhetoric will pull him right.

But I disagree that all blue-collar workers think the same as this... plus he seems more... KY, WV, TN than PA.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 09:01:25 PM »

Plus - breaking down this guy a bit...

According to the 2008 exit poll...

Lost white men by 16%
Lost white people in his income bracket by 14%
He probably doesn't have any college, so white guys without college Obama lost by 18%
weekly Church attendance by 12%....

So this guy, regardless of his concerns about medicare etc etc, in the end he won't care enough about them to vote Obama.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 09:38:12 PM »

Union membership changes everything, however.

Not entirely... it makes you MORE likely to vote Democratic but look at the PA Senate race in 2010... Toomey got 44% of the Union vote. Obama did well, but McCain still won 32% of Union people in PA... and I'll bet they're social Conservatives from W PA. Bush got 38% of the Union vote in 2004...

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies