"How will Romney confront China if he's pushed around by a yokel like me?"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:41:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  "How will Romney confront China if he's pushed around by a yokel like me?"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "How will Romney confront China if he's pushed around by a yokel like me?"  (Read 533 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 04, 2012, 04:34:23 PM »

With friends like this...

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/fischer-romney-stand-up-to-north-korea-pushed-around-yokel-like-me

American Family Association spokesman Bryan Fischer poked fun at Mitt Romney today on Focal Point following the resignation of Richard Grenell, an openly gay Romney spokesman on security issues who Fischer and other Religious Right leaders wanted ousted from the campaign. Anti-gay activists celebrated news of Grenell’s resignation as a “huge win,” and the New York Times reported that one Republican adviser claimed the campaign offered no defense of Grenell because “they didn’t want to confront the religious right.”

Today, Fischer asserted that Romney shouldn’t expect voters to trust him to confront China, Russia or North Korea if he cannot stand up to “a conservative radio talk show host in Middle America.” “I don’t think for one minute that Mitt Romney did not want this guy gone,” Fischer continued, “he wanted this guy gone because there was not one word of defense, not a peep, from the Romney camp to defend him.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b2ol_It77P0
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 05:18:52 PM »

Dump
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 05:32:47 PM »

Wha? This doesn't even make sense, unless it was planned entrapment from the start. Does Fischer want Obama to win again?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 05:51:15 PM »

Wha? This doesn't even make sense, unless it was planned entrapment from the start. Does Fischer want Obama to win again?

I think Fischer was trying to clumsily say, 'Romney didn't get rid of the guy to appease the religious right; Romney got rid of the guy because he found out he was gay.'  Which is a dumb thing to be boasting about in the first place, and he picked a even dumber way to do it.  Thing is, I don't think Fischer realizes how politically dumb he was because he's used to having to deal with like-minded people for whom this statement might actually work to help rally the base to Romney.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies