Presidential Election Predictions for your home state
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:29:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Presidential Election Predictions for your home state
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Presidential Election Predictions for your home state  (Read 8284 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2012, 03:12:53 PM »

54% Romney
45% Obama
WhyteRain
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2012, 04:20:01 PM »

My real home, the economic powerhouse of the nation and the one everyone wishes they could claim to be natives of, will crush Obama something like 59-41.  My state-of-exile with its southern half full of idiot Yankee refugees, will still pound Obama by something like 53-47.

You're a native of Texas currently living in Florida?  

Good guess!  Or was it just good clues?
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2012, 04:26:20 PM »

My real home, the economic powerhouse of the nation and the one everyone wishes they could claim to be natives of, will crush Obama something like 59-41.  My state-of-exile with its southern half full of idiot Yankee refugees, will still pound Obama by something like 53-47.

I don't think Obama will get that low in TX....pffft...Plus TX despite the oil, defense, and other industries, it's a poor state, I don't see how it's an economic powerhouse, I LIVE HERE.

Virtually everyone in my large family lives in Texas -- scattered all over the state.  The only exceptions are me (in Florida) and one of my brothers who lives in California.  From what I've seen over the years, Texans rarely realize just how much it sucks outside of Texas.  One big clue:  All the people who are flooding to Texas from failed states in the Midwest, Northeast and the far West.

Texas isn't a poor state -- though obviously it hasn't the rich resources of California.  What it is is the last hope and refuge of large numbers of poor people who accept the miserable climate and ugly scenery of Texas because they can't afford to live where the weather and topography are nice but collectivists rule.

The great thing is that these newcomers usually become "more Texan than the Texans" because, unlike most American states, Texas actually has an attractive culture.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2012, 04:30:03 PM »

Are you sure you live in Florida?  Because Obama has no chance.  (Well, unless he can get masses of illegal aliens to vote.)
PulaskiSkywayDriver
Rookie

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2012, 11:56:30 PM »

50-49 Romney, PA and NJ flip to return the GOP to the White House.
Reginald
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2012, 12:22:38 AM »

I'll go with somewhere in this range.

As for OK, I think Bushie's a bit optimistic for Obama; while I do think a mild D swing is possible, 38% is maybe his ceiling. And I don't think Romney sweeping every county is that far-fetched either.

Virtually everyone in my large family lives in Texas -- scattered all over the state.  The only exceptions are me (in Florida) and one of my brothers who lives in California.  From what I've seen over the years, Texans rarely realize just how much it sucks outside of Texas.  One big clue:  All the people who are flooding to Texas from failed states in the Midwest, Northeast and the far West.

Texas isn't a poor state -- though obviously it hasn't the rich resources of California.  What it is is the last hope and refuge of large numbers of poor people who accept the miserable climate and ugly scenery of Texas because they can't afford to live where the weather and topography are nice but collectivists rule.

The great thing is that these newcomers usually become "more Texan than the Texans" because, unlike most American states, Texas actually has an attractive culture.

You sure it's not a bit more than that?
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2012, 01:21:34 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2012, 01:23:12 AM by Lt. Governor NVGonzalez »

Are you sure you live in Florida?  Because Obama has no chance.  (Well, unless he can get masses of illegal aliens to vote.)

another one that thinks illegals vote? This is my face right now

MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2012, 01:30:18 AM »

Are you sure you live in Florida?  Because Obama has no chance.  (Well, unless he can get masses of illegal aliens to vote.)

Voter fraud is well known in this country and still going on today.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2012, 03:52:13 AM »

I don't think Obama will get that low in TX....pffft...Plus TX despite the oil, defense, and other industries, it's a poor state, I don't see how it's an economic powerhouse, I LIVE HERE.

Which trolling school did you go to?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2012, 03:53:20 AM »

To a Republican anyone who is born outside of US is illegal.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2012, 06:44:58 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2012, 06:48:20 AM by Nathan »

My real home, the economic powerhouse of the nation and the one everyone wishes they could claim to be natives of, will crush Obama something like 59-41.  My state-of-exile with its southern half full of idiot Yankee refugees, will still pound Obama by something like 53-47.

Uh-huh. Uh-huh.

Then why is it a laughingstock, and why does the 'economic powerhouse of the nation' lead the nation in uninsured and in growth in jobs that reflect badly on the concept of job growth?

Anyway, 57-41 or thereabouts.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2012, 06:54:33 AM »

How it have an attractive culture, when most of the state lives in poverty?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2012, 07:17:22 AM »

Are you sure you live in Florida?  Because Obama has no chance.  (Well, unless he can get masses of illegal aliens to vote.)

I am entirely sure I live in, was born in, and have since birth lived in Florida. I don't know the political moods up in Lafayette or Liberty or Holmes or Dixie or whatever county you're in, but down here in Pinellas/Hillsborough/Pasco/Hernando, people don't like Obama but they certainly don't like Willington Mittford Romneyfeller III.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2012, 10:04:44 AM »

ahh, the old "(democratic candidate) won in (swing state) because of voter fraud/illegal aliens."

Wouldn't it be great if one really could write off a loss that easily by simply blaming fraud. Of course for a lot of Obama haters, it's mentally impossible for them to accept that Obama won these states due to running a better campaign or being preferred by the majority of its citizens. Voter fraud may exist in very small numbers in very small pockets, but it's far from the democratic threat that some people make it out to be. I guess it's just a good talking point, and confirms people's paranoid fears about immigrants and minorities.

And maybe it's not so wise to blame voter fraud on hispanic voters in Florida. I mean, the only reason FL isn't a strong D state is because Cubans vote Republican, so don't push your luck.

Reginald
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2012, 10:32:42 AM »

How it have an attractive culture, when most of the state lives in poverty?

I agree with you that Texas's culture leaves a bit to be desired, but this is a tad hyperbolic (and I don't really see how these are mutually exclusive, but I digress).
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2012, 02:06:50 PM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2012, 03:30:31 PM »

Colorado 52/47 Obama
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »

They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2012, 04:15:00 PM »

This whole thread.

hopper
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2012, 06:42:13 PM »

NJ: 54-43 Obama
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2012, 09:22:44 PM »

NE:  59R, 39D, 2O.
LiberalJunkie
LiberalJunkie99
Canada

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2012, 10:07:08 PM »

56-42 Washington
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2012, 11:12:14 PM »

Also, what's so shocking about the Obama kind of looking at Arizona and Georgia? Clinton, the last winning dem, won both of them one time during his two campaigns.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2012, 11:15:05 PM »

One thing I'd like to see is Obama doing a lot better in my home state than in 2008 (not by much, but by one or two points), that would be surprising.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies