Presidential Election Predictions for your home state (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:31:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Presidential Election Predictions for your home state (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Election Predictions for your home state  (Read 8488 times)
old timey villain
cope1989

« on: May 01, 2012, 11:56:30 PM »

Georgia 50-48 Romney

Gwinnett, Cobb and Henry counties flip
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 05:46:29 PM »

I've always wondered why Indiana is so conservative compared to other Midwestern states?

No big metropolis like Illinois
Not as many unionized manufacturing workers like in Ohio
Not as large of an urban African American population like Michigan
No large progressive Scandinavian population like Wisconsin or Minnesota

Indiana basically has all of the Republican voters typical in the Midwest without any of the Democratic ones

I still don't know exactly how Indiana voted for Obama. I'm sure being wedged in between a swing state and Obama's home state had a large effect on people there. I figure a lot of Indianans voted for Obama out of sheer economic desperation. A lot of them will probably revert back to the GOP as the typical culture war/post-modern economic issues take center stage, rather than the "holy crap we're all screwed" meme of 2008.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 09:56:37 AM »

I've always wondered why Indiana is so conservative compared to other Midwestern states?

No big metropolis like Illinois
Not as many unionized manufacturing workers like in Ohio
Not as large of an urban African American population like Michigan
No large progressive Scandinavian population like Wisconsin or Minnesota

Indiana basically has all of the Republican voters typical in the Midwest without any of the Democratic ones

I still don't know exactly how Indiana voted for Obama. I'm sure being wedged in between a swing state and Obama's home state had a large effect on people there. I figure a lot of Indianans voted for Obama out of sheer economic desperation. A lot of them will probably revert back to the GOP as the typical culture war/post-modern economic issues take center stage, rather than the "holy crap we're all screwed" meme of 2008.

Gary, Indiana doesn't count?

I mean, it counts in that it's a large, heavily black city, but it still doesn't add up to the AA population in Michigan, Illinois or even Ohio. Indiana is only 9% black.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 10:04:44 AM »

ahh, the old "(democratic candidate) won in (swing state) because of voter fraud/illegal aliens."

Wouldn't it be great if one really could write off a loss that easily by simply blaming fraud. Of course for a lot of Obama haters, it's mentally impossible for them to accept that Obama won these states due to running a better campaign or being preferred by the majority of its citizens. Voter fraud may exist in very small numbers in very small pockets, but it's far from the democratic threat that some people make it out to be. I guess it's just a good talking point, and confirms people's paranoid fears about immigrants and minorities.

And maybe it's not so wise to blame voter fraud on hispanic voters in Florida. I mean, the only reason FL isn't a strong D state is because Cubans vote Republican, so don't push your luck.

old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 11:12:14 PM »

Also, what's so shocking about the Obama kind of looking at Arizona and Georgia? Clinton, the last winning dem, won both of them one time during his two campaigns.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies