the attraction to the tension of the false situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:28:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  the attraction to the tension of the false situation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: the attraction to the tension of the false situation  (Read 310 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2012, 09:43:16 PM »

this is a bit of a sequel to my 'first as Tragedy, then as Farce' thread that attempts to apply Marx's quote to the framework of romantic relationships. 

the connotation, at least for me, implies that the Farce is worse than the Tragedy.  for in Tragedy, something better could have happened.  but in Farce, all is lost.  so I've been thinking.  and it isn't good thinking: perhaps the very tension of the situations I define as 'Tragedy' were all that I wanted in the first place?  take this from a diatribe that I wrote my most preferred sexual object in June 2010:

"and even if you put all the chips on the table right now, I'm not sure that I could do it."

four days after my grandmother died.  total trainwreck and trainwreck of a situation: spend a night with a smoking hot woman who you have had before and now is in the possession of another man, only there with you because she 'feels bad' that my grandmother died?  is this not the ultimate pleasure-in-pain?  and, worse yet, is this what I am doomed to chronically seek?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies