Elizabeth Warren's "Pocahontas" Problem? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:36:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Elizabeth Warren's "Pocahontas" Problem? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren's "Pocahontas" Problem?  (Read 24560 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: May 03, 2012, 11:30:36 AM »

"High cheekbones, like all the Indians have."

If a Republican in a high-profile Senate race had said this, it'd be all over the national news and there would be a big long thread in which all the liberals, Nathan included, would be yelling about how this is proof of how evil and hateful all Republicans are.  (Not that I like Republicans, but there *is* an *obvious* double standard).
From the video clip it sounds like she was recounting a story her grandmother told her.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 09:19:50 PM »

Not implicated in a criminal sense, since he was involved as part of his duties as a member of the TN militia. 
He married O. C. Sarah Smith in 1819
.  It might be she was a Cherokee who identified herself as white to cause her and her family less trouble, but her son knew her to be Cherokee. That would be interesting.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 04:19:32 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, that pretty much settles it. Scott Brown is looking even stupider than before.
What does it settle? That she only became an American Indian after law school?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 10:36:58 AM »

Warren contributed recipes to something called the Pow Wow Chow cookbook that were obviously copied from other sources, apparently violating copyright laws.  Wonder if the statute of limitations has expired?  At the very least she has a serious ethics problem.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/18/did-elizabeth-warren-plagiarize-pow-wow-chow-recipes
Lol, is crab meat even a common traditional food in the interior south?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 01:00:20 PM »

I demand to see the original long-form copy of Warren's recipes.
http://imgur.com/nKxAS
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 12:55:25 AM »

Brit Hume claimed tonight that Warren has failed to prove that she is even 1/32 Native American. If it turns out that she is as white as I am, that would be an epic fail. Has anyone asked her just who her Native American ancestor was?  Just asking.

I can't sleep and I have nothing productive to do tonight so I looked into this Cherokee ancestry thing.

The ancestor in question, Neoma (or Oma) O.C. Sarah Smith, was almost certainly the child of Wyatt and Peggy Smith, and there's no indication either of them had Cherokee ancestry. I suppose it's possible that when the family moved from North Carolina to Tennessee and they were passing through the Cherokee nation that they took in a young Cherokee girl- her name doesn't actually show up on records until 1820, when she was married to J.H. Crawford and living next door to Wyatt and Peggy in Tennessee- but I don't know how likely something like that is to have happened. It would explain the weird name and initials possibly hiding a Cherokee name, though, in trying to pass as white.

I think it's more likely though that William J Crawford in his 1894 marriage was just putting his mom's race down as Cherokee to try to prove ancestry to get a free Indian land grant from the Dawes Commission (which was established a year before). Literally tens of thousands of whites tried to falsely prove Native American ancestry to the Commission to get a land grant.

Not saying she doesn't actually have Native American ancestry or anything; being a white person from Oklahoma she's probably got 1/32 ancestry from some relative anyway. This probably isn't the source, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies