Dinner Doodle: Why is Tim Tebow Hated? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:00:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Dinner Doodle: Why is Tim Tebow Hated? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dinner Doodle: Why is Tim Tebow Hated?  (Read 3939 times)
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« on: May 02, 2012, 02:00:06 PM »

jmfcst, people "hate" (I use the term "hate" because it's being used referring to sports and not a meaningful context) because he's a mediocre NFL quarterback who has managed to orchestrate a series of flukey last second drives. Not because he's a virgin or Christian or whatever. People (like myself) may mock the act of Tebowing, but that's more a component of his personality rather than a specific attack on his faith. Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning and Josh Hamilton and Jeremy Lin are all outspoken Christians, yet nobody hates them because they're actually good at what they do.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 02:28:14 PM »

So is Wally Joyner. He batted 3rd with ~.450 batting average in my 1998 Chicago Cubs World Series championship season on N64's All Star Baseball '99. Batting 4th was Jeff Conine, the shining star of the Kansas City Royals.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 03:07:36 PM »

So? Why don't you see people bashing Jeremy Lin or Josh Hamilton over their faith? The average MLB/NBA fan is aware that they're both outspoken Christians.

Athletes receive flak when they suck yet manage to win games (Tebow), when they just suck and are overpaid (Ryan Leaf, Alfonso Soriano), when they do bad things (Kobe, Roethlisberger, and Woods all lost endorsements and were the butt of jokes for weeks), or when they say offensive things (Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, John Rocker). Your victim complex is absolutely ridiculous and completely contradicts my empirical experiences, but believe what you want to believe, bro. You have your existence to live out and I ultimately have mine.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 03:32:06 AM »

Just wait until the Jets play the Cowboys and for whatever reason Sanchez doesn't play. Tebow goes 5/15 with for something like 80 yards through the first 58 minutes, then goes 3/3 with 90 yards in the final 2 minutes for a 14-10 victory. Then jmfcst will understand that the bible has nothing to do with this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies