Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 06:11:18 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  Office of Senator Ben
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Office of Senator Ben  (Read 7864 times)
Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2012, 03:58:59 pm »
Ignore

Howdy y'all!

This shall serve as my official office.  To my constituents in the Mideast, feel free to come on in and chat; I do love talking with fellow Mideastern citizens.  There are refreshments in the fridge, help yourselves!

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.74, S: -2.09

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 04:16:01 pm »
Ignore

This is long overdue.

Congrats! Smiley

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 05:54:06 pm »
Ignore

You better not do what the last one did, what HappyWarrior did and all the other poor suckers the mideast has tricked into taking this suicidal position.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 07:17:18 pm »
Ignore

You better not do what the last one did, what HappyWarrior did and all the other poor suckers the mideast has tricked into taking this suicidal position.

I will be active, I promise.

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 07:29:32 pm »
Ignore

Well, I'm happy to see this Ben. After all these years, you and I get a chance to be in the Senate together. I'm looking forward to it!

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 09:21:54 am »
Ignore

Now that I've dropped out of the Presidential race, I have also made the decision to seek election to the Senate seat.  So I encourage you to vote Ben for Senate!

Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 09:32:32 pm »
Ignore

What are your thoughts on the President's budget?  Tell me here Smiley

Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 08:40:26 pm »
Ignore

Thanks to Homely for designing my new logo Smiley

Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 09:15:18 pm »
Ignore

I now have an opponent; best of luck to JCL Smiley

Feel free to feed me questions, constituents.  I exist for you.

Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 12:31:10 am »
Ignore

You've done a great job in the Senate and you have my endorsement and full support.

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 12:39:58 am »
Ignore

You also have my endorsement.
afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 04:25:45 am »
Ignore

You have my support. I intend to remain resident in the region to vote for you.
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -8.96

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 07:20:32 am »
Ignore

You've done a great job in the Senate and you have my endorsement and full support.

HappyWarrior
hannibal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 08:13:17 am »
Ignore

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan
Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 09:17:37 am »
Ignore

Thanks to all my supporters so far, especially to Afleitch Cheesy

Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 09:30:39 am »
Ignore

While I'm here, I'd like to address my tenure in the Senate so far.  During my brief term I have been one of the most active members of the Senate, taking part in the debates on nearly every piece of legislation.  I have not been obstructionist, nor have I attempted to kill legislation through poison amendments.  The amendments that I have introduced have all made the legislation better - my budget amendments, while criticized for increasing spending, have had broad support (see DoEA support for my current amendment on veterans) and I have a revenue amendment on the way for those worried about the deficit.

I'm proud of what I've achieved so far, and will happily defend my record against all those who challenge it Smiley

President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 05:03:55 pm »
Ignore

Ben- I am proud to support you. I like and respect JCL very much and realize I may be ruffling feathers with my party for this- but you have stood bravely against the will of some in your party and I will follow your example...I have nothing against JCL but you have been the finest Senator and are an indpenedent and knowlegeable voice and ally on foreign policy issues...good luck!

HappyWarrior
hannibal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 10:46:07 pm »
Ignore

As always I of course support you old friend.

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.74, S: -2.09

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 02:55:18 pm »
Ignore

After serious consideration, I have decided to formally endorse Ben for the Mideast Senate seat.

I have a very good relationship with both candidates in the race, and I will not be upset regardless of the outcome. Ben has been in the Mideast for many, many years, and while I have respect for JCL, I believe Ben can better relate to the concerns and wishes of Mideast residents. Ben has also proved the last month to be a very effective and active Senator, and I see no point in removing a terrific incumbment.

That is all. Smiley

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Burkina Faso

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 02:59:18 pm »
Ignore

Due to your experience in Atlasia, I am proud to endorse you for the Mideast Senate.

Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 04:18:59 pm »
Ignore

Thanks to Tmthforu94 and Snowstalker for the endorsements Smiley

Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 07:21:43 pm »
Ignore

TRANSCRIPT OF PRESIDENT POLNUT'S COMMENTS
Indianapolis, Indiana
Monday 11 June 2012

I have known Senator Ben for a long time.

Most obviously, I know him as having served me as Secretary of External Affairs. He served in that role with honour and decency. Very often, as an advocate for the foreign policy of my administration he, at times, was placed in the very difficult situation of advocating my position, instead of one more comfortable to him. I sought his advice, but he always respected that the final decision was mine. When he told me of the opportunity to serve in the Senate, while being sad to lose him, it was something I believe he has worked hard for, for a long time.

We have known him for a long time as a foreign policy wonk, but in his short time in the Senate he has been given the opportunity to shown his depth of knowledge on a number of policy areas. He has sought to find middle ground where competing interests are too firmly fixed on their own goals.

It is this knowledge, commitment and ability to compromise that makes me so comfortable to be here supporting and endorsing my friend today.

The region has changed a lot since I was Governor, this is a much more conservative place, therefore I understand that the party label attached to Ben's opponent might be a difficult thing to ignore. But I just want to say this, as President, I want a Senate I can work with for you, and the same will no doubt go for my successor. That doesn't mean someone who will agree with me, but someone with the ability to compromise and work together toward a positive resolution. I believe in this race, Ben shows that judgement and common-sense. You might not always agree with him, but he will work for your interests in the Atlasian Senate, and he has the right qualities to make sure that happens.

So I urge you to get out there and support Senator Ben, the risks are too great as are the opportunities to let this chance go.

Thank you all...

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 07:39:10 pm »
Ignore

Thank you, Mr. President, for the kind words.

My fellow Mideasterners, I understand that I may not be as conservative as you would prefer.  However, I have spent my entire tenure fighting for the people of the Mideast, and I will continue to do so if reelected.  By voting for me, you get an experienced legislator who understands the issues, and will work to get things done.

Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 12:46:29 am »
Ignore

The election is upon us.  I encourage you to head to the polls and vote for me, so that you will continue to be represented by an active, moderate, and pragmatic legislator.  Best of luck to JCL and all the Presidential candidates, and we'll see how things turn out Smiley

АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 05:58:30 am »
Ignore

Good luck, Ben, although I don't believe you'll need it. I've been confident for a while that you'll win this one.

PS: I am using my late mother's Facebook account due to the difficulty of changing identities on Facebook. She has yet to complain.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout