Office of Senator Ben (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:11:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Ben (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Senator Ben  (Read 17801 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 22, 2012, 12:59:45 PM »

Congratulations Senator Ben Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 11:45:46 PM »

I've just introduced legislation that would fully legalize all forms of poker, both live and online.  This bill is dear to my heart, so I hope y'all approve of it.

Completely support.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 08:14:14 AM »

Endorsed Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 08:40:36 PM »

I've been thinking recently, about the fact that I've spent more than 5 years in Atlasia, and I've held office continuously since December of 2010.  I've loved serving the People, whether at the regional level, in the Senate, or in the Cabinet.  I've reached a decision.

This will be my last election.

It's time for new blood to come into the game.  I will not be leaving the game, merely stepping aside for new players to hold office.  I hope there are people willing to carry on my passionate interest in foreign affairs, and I intend to keep pushing the major foreign policy issues of our time.  We need people involved in foreign policy for this game to thrive.

That said, I am very much planning to serve out this term and, if I am reelected, I will serve the next term to its last day.  I have prized activity, and i hope to remain active, whether I hold office or not.

Good night.

I tip my hat to you Senator.  The People commend your noble and selfless decision Smiley  However, you'll be greatly missed Sad
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 05:29:29 PM »

As a start, it is currently my plan to vote in FAVOR of all cabinet nominees EXCEPT for Griffin for GM.

Sad

Why not?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 08:33:14 AM »

There's nothing wrong with being a moderate hero. A little pragmatism from both sides is a lot better than blind devotion to the talking points of the extremes.

I'd argue that pragmatism and being a moderate hero are two distinctly different things.  I always understood being a moderate hero to mean someone who frequently whines and complains about everything being to divisive and partisan in a holier-than-thou fashion, irrespective of the actual matter at hand (the classic RL example being Evan Bayh).  On the other hand, a pragmatist (I know I'm over-simplifying this a bit) is essentially someone who believes it is generally better to have half a loaf than it is to have no bread. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 04:42:30 PM »

I am moderate and a hero to The People. I take that term as a compliment.

You're more than a Moderate Hero to The People, Duke!  You're an Exceptional Hero to The People Smiley Wink
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 10:03:50 PM »

Congratulations on your elevation to Attorney General, Ben.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies