Office of Senator Ben (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:40:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Ben (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Senator Ben  (Read 17863 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: October 31, 2012, 07:38:48 PM »

I have low approvals...why?  Please post your comments, complaints, threats, etc. here.

Your approvals have increased slightly. Technically it's about the same, but you won reelection with these approvals so you're probably fine.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 12:00:14 AM »

No offense at all, but why in the world would this issue be very dear to your heart? I ask as someone who has never had a political opinion on gambling and likely never will.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 06:22:25 PM »

Not at all surprised.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 08:43:56 PM »

I hope there are people willing to carry on my passionate interest in foreign affairs, and I intend to keep pushing the major foreign policy issues of our time.  We need people involved in foreign policy for this game to thrive.

Gotcha covered Smiley

Same.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 03:21:21 PM »

It would appear that I have been reelected!  Thank you to everyone who voted for me, everyone who supported me, and everyone else who made this possible.  And thanks to Gass and JCL, both of whom ran honest, clean campaigns.

You're not even going to wait for voting to end?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 03:26:08 PM »

Incontrovertible know, it just strikes me as improper to do that.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 12:28:36 AM »

Congrats. I supported my friend Gass but I look forward to working with you.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 09:29:42 AM »

There's nothing wrong with being a moderate hero. A little pragmatism from both sides is a lot better than blind devotion to the talking points of the extremes.

I'd argue that pragmatism and being a moderate hero are two distinctly different things.  I always understood being a moderate hero to mean someone who frequently whines and complains about everything being to divisive and partisan in a holier-than-thou fashion, irrespective of the actual matter at hand (the classic RL example being Evan Bayh).  On the other hand, a pragmatist (I know I'm over-simplifying this a bit) is essentially someone who believes it is generally better to have half a loaf than it is to have no bread. 

You are exactly right.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 01:57:35 AM »

Come back soon
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies