Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 08:25:29 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Petition to unban Straha!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Petition to unban Straha!  (Read 4594 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2012, 12:58:48 am »
Ignore

Thanks opebo and MiamiU for standing by my side while I attempt to negotiate a common goal with the "Third Reich".  Reminds me of the following scene from Kelly's Heroes.   I'll allow you to pick which character you want to be, all three are cool in my book:

in the end, I don't believe there are any hidden agendas on either side.  We want a small slice of the forum to be used for more fun for all; they think our definition of fun is not funny.  We have the town surrounded; they have the Tigers stationed in front of the bank guarding the gold.

well, I better stop the movie reference, I'll be accused and shot for "trolling"...funny thing about that moive, though...the Nazis were willing to strike a deal to end the standoff:

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2012, 12:07:11 pm »
Ignore

Obviously I pick the Donald Sutherland character.  I'm really quite the Donald Sutherland fan, and in some ways a Donald Sutherland type.  Who wouldn't want to be Donald Sutherland?  Success, gravitas, and from the look of him **** like an *****.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Vatican City State
View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2012, 12:47:06 pm »
Ignore

The way you're racking up death points, jmf, let me must say = Nice knowin' ya'. 

In one thread -

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:45:57 pm by True Federalist »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:43:45 pm by True Federalist »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:41:31 pm by True Federalist »

-------------------------

Good call on the edit, Ernest.  We don't want the jailed mass murderer to call Dave on copyright infringement.
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2012, 01:16:14 pm »
Ignore

**yawn**

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2012, 01:27:08 pm »
Ignore

Obviously I pick the Donald Sutherland character.  I'm really quite the Donald Sutherland fan...

ok, I'll take Telly Savalas.   I like Clint's one-liners, but Telly was just all around smooth:  Who loves ya baby?

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2012, 01:33:26 pm »
Ignore

The way you're racking up death points, jmf, let me must say = Nice knowin' ya'.  

what part of...

sorry to all for the drama, but there's just something about an execution that gets my blood flowing.  they're just so...final.

...did you not understand?  I meant that in a literal, even prophetic, sort of way.

Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2012, 02:03:19 pm »
Ignore

Count them again... Not all of the points you're referencing were from your 'serious' proposal threads.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2012, 02:18:46 pm »
Ignore

I don't know, I think the beat-back that happened in the wake of the Inks-Deluge debacle (and the descent of Leip to address it) means that the Mods don't have the standing right now to pull off a ban of a big-name poster.  this place would absolutely erupt, at least for opebo.  jmf maybe a bit less so, but still an outcry.  doesn't mean it could not happen at a future point.

[start: non-trolling light-hearted blasphemous joke/]

Careful… Leip described in this way the righteousness that is by the TOS: “Just, relax, and have a good time!”

But, the righteousness that is according to the Mods says, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend beyond reach of the Mods?’”(that is, to bring Leip down) "or ’Who will descend into the Forum?’" (that is, to bring Leip up from the dead).  But what does the Nym say? “The death points are near you; they are in your back and through your heart,” (that is, the word they are proclaiming).

[/end: non-trolling light-hearted blasphemous joke]

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2012, 03:54:51 pm »
Ignore

Count them again... Not all of the points you're referencing were from your 'serious' proposal threads.

But isn't handing out any death points at all for posts politely questioning or critiquing you moderateors in the designated forum for such purposes by definition just self-serving censorship of dissent and elimination of transparency?

Btw, jmfcst, how many death points do you have at the moment?  I have at the moment 48.

jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2012, 04:16:53 pm »
Ignore

But isn't handing out any death points at all for posts politely questioning or critiquing you moderateors ...

it wasn't even that, rather it was a thread to get user feedback on a new proposed sub-board.

I think the numerous citations noted "Trolling" as the crime...though I am not sure how it is "Trolling" to propose an idea for a sub-board which 90% of posters favored...I would think having a 90% majority would be the opposite of Trolling.

It would have been nice to give Naso a proper venue for his video making talents.  Maybe even his Teddy bear could have made a cameo appearance.

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2012, 05:24:05 pm »
Ignore

Nevertheless I suppose they perceived it as an implied critique of their censorship.

Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2012, 08:21:11 pm »
Ignore

But isn't handing out any death points at all for posts politely questioning or critiquing you moderateors ...

it wasn't even that, rather it was a thread to get user feedback on a new proposed sub-board.

I think the numerous citations noted "Trolling" as the crime...though I am not sure how it is "Trolling" to propose an idea for a sub-board which 90% of posters favored...I would think having a 90% majority would be the opposite of Trolling.

It would have been nice to give Naso a proper venue for his video making talents.  Maybe even his Teddy bear could have made a cameo appearance.

How many people had actually voted to get that 90%?
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2012, 10:04:29 pm »
Ignore

How many people had actually voted to get that 90%?

I think it was 9 out of 10...but if you are going to claim the turnout was light, you need to factor in the following:

1) you deleted the thread while it was barely 2 hours old.

2) your past black panther intimidation techniques probably kept some voters away from the poll

3) I still consider you my friend

I am stabbed by grace and slinging blood
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2012, 10:12:37 pm »
Ignore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX4Xh5uO_Hc

Famous True Leftists:

jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2012, 11:40:21 am »
Ignore

LOL!  A very good effort....but...didn't the original screenplay have the Mods in the role of the Nazis, and not Straha's supporters as the Nazis?

A freudian casting slip, perhaps?  A moment of self-actualization involving a thinly veiled confession?...you should be more careful with your work, lest your conscience become self-aware and testify against you prior to your own banning and execution.

I am stabbed by grace and slinging blood
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2012, 10:57:14 am »
Ignore

It's the Downfall meme. Kind of the only thing where one would use Hitler to promote their opinion.

Famous True Leftists:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout